• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

Slightly off-topic, but I looked at my online invoice, and for one book, it says "no date." This is my Wolverine vol. 3 #48 triple cover, and I have a copy of my Adobe Acrobat invoice that says I put 11/2006 on it.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

-slym

Slightly off-topic, but I looked at my online invoice, and for one book, it says "no date." This is my Wolverine vol. 3 #48 triple cover, and I have a copy of my Adobe Acrobat invoice that says I put 11/2006 on it.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

-slym

Don’t pay attention to any status update until Graded, that’s when you see what CGC entered and call them if you have any issue with the wrong info before it shipped.

Standard received 1/30, shipped today 2/25. that's got to be more than 15 business days

It was 17 business days, not including 2/7 which was a con Friday. It just seems longer because of the 8 weekend days in the way adding to the overall wait time.

Economy Fast Track (6 books) received on 1/21.

Verified 1/22. According to my math my 20 days (with 2 con Fridays accounted for) will be up on 2/20, so let's see how they do.

Moved to SFG 2/17. There is still time to make the stated 20 day TAT... :wishluck:

Graded 2/18.

Graded, still (day #6) 2/25, business day 23

Standard received 1/30, shipped today 2/25. that's got to be more than 15 business days

Got ya beat. Standard received 1/27/14, currently in QC.

Doesn't CGC use FIFO for the same grading tiers? If so, how would this happen?

Are Show Days also deducted once the books are in Graded status?

Just speculating here, maybe someone else who knows can chime in, but I imagine that TAT could be affected by a bottleneck at encapsulation if different book thicknesses need to be accounted for. I've heard that encapsulating the thicker books, like annuals, necessitates a change in the encapsulation machine. I've had submissions held up for this reason, at least that is what I've been told, so that could be one reason for the discrepancy here.

I submitted 90 moderns slow track for prescreen. received 2/6, verified 2/7. This is my first time submitting a prescreen. Does it usually take longer than normal?

1.5 x regular time on avg

Sounds good i'll see how long it actually takes.

For me they have been quicker than usual, but Con season is about in to full swing. Plus i like the fact they don't charge you till the books are shipped.

I submitted 90 moderns slow track for prescreen. received 2/6, verified 2/7. This is my first time submitting a prescreen. Does it usually take longer than normal?

For me they have been quicker than usual, but Con season is about in to full swing. Plus i like the fact they don't charge you till the books are shipped.

Is this specific for dealers or something? They charge me when they receive the books, not when they ship them back. Or did I miss something?

Is this specific for dealers or something? They charge me when they receive the books, not when they ship them back. Or did I miss something?

This isn't true. CGC bills the moment the books are received in the system.

So what's the point of prescreen if they charge up for all the books? Or do they refund for ungraded books once they ship them?

No they do not use FIFO. should they, I would say yes.

So what's the point of prescreen if they charge up for all the books? Or do they refund for ungraded books once they ship them?

They don't charge that way for prescreens. They charge whatever books pass. I will say this, there have been times that CGC won't charge me until a week after I get my books, sometimes longer.

They don't charge that way for prescreens. They charge whatever books pass. I will say this, there have been times that CGC won't charge me until a week after I get my books, sometimes longer.

Good to know - thanks for the info...

Edited by simply2fly

I submitted 4 books using the coupon I got last year on 2/5/14...had to since the coupon expired today.

as of today...they are still "verified"

moved to "Scheduled for grading" on 2/21

moved to "Graded" on 2/26.