• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,041 posts in this topic

Maybe I way off base here and if that's the case someone please let me know. However I am of the opinion that instead of simply working on the books, CGC deliberately slows down the non FT lower tier books. I mean what logical explanation is there for a book to be at encapsulation for 3 weeks or QC for 3 weeks? I cannot think of a scenario where regular business simply dictates these delays. I have a modern regular at encapsulation and a new batch comes in and jumps ahead of them sure, but I really think they get these books to each phase, and sit on them instead of just working and having the books treated regularly.

Maybe I way off base here and if that's the case someone please let me know. However I am of the opinion that instead of simply working on the books, CGC deliberately slows down the non FT lower tier books. I mean what logical explanation is there for a book to be at encapsulation for 3 weeks or QC for 3 weeks? I cannot think of a scenario where regular business simply dictates these delays. I have a modern regular at encapsulation and a new batch comes in and jumps ahead of them sure, but I really think they get these books to each phase, and sit on them instead of just working and having the books treated regularly.
Convention season. Happens every year, it will be worse next week as they will be in Philly doing on site grading ( I have 30 books for that lol)

No, the logical explanation is that CGC doesn't currently have the capacity (either machines or people) to handle the workload when it comes to the physical act of slabbing the books. And as the higher-price (FT, for instance) tiers get priority, the cheaper tiers keep on getting bumped to the back of the slabbing queue.

No, the logical explanation is that CGC doesn't currently have the capacity (either machines or people) to handle the workload when it comes to the physical act of slabbing the books. And as the higher-price (FT, for instance) tiers get priority, the cheaper tiers keep on getting bumped to the back of the slabbing queue.

Well I thought about that, yet that would suggest that eventually there are either no books to bump them (unlikely) or CGC just decided "hey it's been long enough, lets just get these done." There are always going to be higher priority books to do so I'm not entirely on board with that theory. I understand that they are short staffed as that has been discussed in detail and the same for off-days like Conventions. I just find it hard to believe that there's a sudden lull in books being submitted and they can get to these lower priority pieces. Regardless, its a moot point, we will keep enduring it or CGC will change due to obvious reasons. Interested to see what happens in the upcoming months.

update

MFT #1 - rec ? > ver 2/18 > sch 2/27 > grd 2/28 > grd/QC 3/12 > shipped 3/13

MFT #2 - rec 2/24 > ver 2/26 > sch 3/5 > grd 3/10 > grd/QC 3/18 > shipped 3/20

Modern - rec 2/24 > ver 2/26>sch3/19>grd 4/1>grd/qc 4/16>shipped 4/17

MFT #3 - rec 4/3>ver 4/9>sch 4/16>grd 4/18>grd/QC 4/24>shipped 4/25

Value FT #1 - rec 4/7>verified 4/16>sch 5/7>grd 5/12> grd/qc 5/17>shipped 5/19

Coupon - rec 5/19 > ver 5/20>sch 6/2>grd 6/3 >grd/QC 6/5>shipped

New submission

MFT#3 - rec 6/16

EFT#1 - rec 6/16

15 book slow track value sub showed up in the system as received on 3/25. My math says that the posted 59 day TAT plus 10 con Fridays in that span puts my expected due date at June 30th (I'm hoping that I actually see them by WW Chicago). Let's see how they do... :taptaptap:

:o Verified (finally) on 5/6. 24 (Mon-Thur) business days to reach this stage.

:o:o Scheduled for grading on 5/16, things are really moving now! lol

Graded on 5/17, all 15 showing blue labels! :cool:

6/16 my order information has vanished, so I'm hoping that this means I'm finally in QC. :wishluck:

15 book slow track value sub showed up in the system as received on 3/25. My math says that the posted 59 day TAT plus 10 con Fridays in that span puts my expected due date at June 30th (I'm hoping that I actually see them by WW Chicago). Let's see how they do... :taptaptap:

:o Verified (finally) on 5/6. 24 (Mon-Thur) business days to reach this stage.

:o:o Scheduled for grading on 5/16, things are really moving now! lol

Graded on 5/17, all 15 showing blue labels! :cool:

6/16 my order information has vanished, so I'm hoping that this means I'm finally in QC. :wishluck:

All of my invoices poofed today (including ones that are a month old and long since gone). :(

And mine just showed back up with no change to my 4/1 Value submission. I think they've just had issues with the system.

You fixed it! Mine were down all morning/afternoon lol

Yep, mine showed back up too. No change. :frustrated:

Tomorrow will mark a full month since they moved to Graded. It's silly that any tier should be waiting a full month just to be encapsulated and shipped.

Modern Slow Track 1

Received - 21 April

Verified - 13 May

Scheduled for Grading - 21 May

Graded - 9 June

Quality control - 12 June

Shipped - 16 June

All 3 are 9.8

Modern Slow Track #2

Received - 12 June

Either my submission status updated late in the day on Friday (I assume this is the case), or CGC is working on weekends. Either way, 1 step closer to getting my books back!!

Modern Slow Track

4/21 - Received

5/13 - Verified

5/21 - Scheduled for grading

6/6 - Graded

6/16 - Grading/Quality control :banana:

Updated today!!! Looks like they may ship any day now!!

Either my submission status updated late in the day on Friday (I assume this is the case), or CGC is working on weekends. Either way, 1 step closer to getting my books back!!

Modern Slow Track

4/21 - Received

5/13 - Verified

5/21 - Scheduled for grading

6/6 - Graded

6/16 - Grading/Quality control :banana:

6/17 - Shipped/Safe :acclaim:

Updated today!!! Looks like they may ship any day now!!