• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,085 posts in this topic

Just got my grades. Very nice! Don't know about tight grading but I got 8 9.8s 2 9.6s and 1 9.4 on the books I thought were 9.8 contenders. A 9.4/9.2 came back 9.2. The Crow 1 that I was hoping for 9.0/9.2 came back 9.0. Very happy with current graders.
9.8 contender got a 9.4? meh

It was a X-Men 244 that I bought on the boards as a NM+. Maybe it was damaged in transit? I'll take a look when it comes in.

I'm concentrating more on the 3 9.8 Killing Jokes, 2 CGC 9.8 Catwoman 51 & the CGC 9.8 Lucifer 1.

Holy now I know who you are :banana::devil:

I don't know what you are talking about :whistle:

Just got my grades. Very nice! Don't know about tight grading but I got 8 9.8s 2 9.6s and 1 9.4 on the books I thought were 9.8 contenders. A 9.4/9.2 came back 9.2. The Crow 1 that I was hoping for 9.0/9.2 came back 9.0. Very happy with current graders.

It was a X-Men 244 that I bought on the boards as a NM+. Maybe it was damaged in transit? I'll take a look when it comes in.

I'm concentrating more on the 3 9.8 Killing Jokes, 2 CGC 9.8 Catwoman 51 & the CGC 9.8 Lucifer 1.

Now I can hide in the shadows and throw rocks at you :whee:

Beating me in the grading contest wasn't bad enough??

Got it. That stinks, I had a staple get blown in grading my last submission, at least this time it wasnt a 9.8 :sick:

Makes me wonder if that Captain Marvel 1 is actually a 7.5/8.0 :baiting:

Definetely more in the 7.0 / 7.5 range. But I hate grading those upper mid grades (6.5 - 7.5).

Definetely more in the 7.0 / 7.5 range. But I hate grading those upper mid grades (6.5 - 7.5).

I was totally teasing about the book I didn't even open up the photos to look at it!

BIG ROCKS REALLY BIG ONES :devil:

:jokealert:

BIG ROCKS REALLY BIG ONES :devil:

:jokealert:

11 MFT

3/21 Received

3/22 Verified

3/23 Scheduled for Grading

Hope I didn't send these in too soon to get the new cases.

Only books subbed after 4/4 will get the new cases.

To All.....Just to clarify for everyone, if you have books that are already here and they hit the encapsulation room on or after 4/4, they will receive the new holder.

Once you do receive the new holder, we would love to get feedback on your thoughts. You can email them to me directly if you would like at hpatel@collectiblesgroup.com

Thank you everyone!

I copied a post from new cgc slab thread :gossip:

11 MFT

3/21 Received

3/22 Verified

3/23 Scheduled for Grading

Hope I didn't send these in too soon to get the new cases.

Only books subbed after 4/4 will get the new cases.

To All.....Just to clarify for everyone, if you have books that are already here and they hit the encapsulation room on or after 4/4, they will receive the new holder.

Once you do receive the new holder, we would love to get feedback on your thoughts. You can email them to me directly if you would like at hpatel@collectiblesgroup.com

Thank you everyone!

I copied a post from new cgc slab thread :gossip:

:thumbsup:

3 Modern Fast Track SS Books

Rec'd/Verified 3/10

Scheduled for grading 3/15

Graded 3/21

QC/Shipped 3/24 I think that is 11 days exactly

Grades as expected?

Grades were pretty good. About what I expected. Had a 9.6 go to 9.8 so that's good. A 9.4 go to 9.6 (I knew 9.8 would be pushing it). A 8.0 go to 9.0 which is as I expected 9.0 to 9.2 range. Just glad it bumped up since it is a Stan sig. Probably won't do anymore Stan sigs unfortunately.

3 Modern Fast Track SS Books

Rec'd/Verified 3/10

Scheduled for grading 3/15

Graded 3/21

QC/Shipped 3/24 I think that is 11 days exactly

Grades as expected?

Grades were pretty good. About what I expected. Had a 9.6 go to 9.8 so that's good. A 9.4 go to 9.6 (I knew 9.8 would be pushing it). A 8.0 go to 9.0 which is as I expected 9.0 to 9.2 range. Just glad it bumped up since it is a Stan sig. Probably won't do anymore Stan sigs unfortunately.

So the infamous "new graders" did not lay waste to your submission. Good to hear, sounds more like 1-2 people just being cranky about their grades, hope my submissions go as planned.