• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,969 posts in this topic

11 MFT

3/21 Received

3/22 Verified

3/23 Scheduled for Grading

Hope I didn't send these in too soon to get the new cases.

Ugh 3/24 Graded...methinks they have some old cases they need to burn through before they start with the new ones.

Received to Graded in 4 days. Granted it could be a week before they're slabbed but still pretty quick.

Edited by krighton

3 Modern Fast Track SS Books

Rec'd/Verified 3/10

Scheduled for grading 3/15

Graded 3/21

QC/Shipped 3/24 I think that is 11 days exactly

Grades as expected?

Grades were pretty good. About what I expected. Had a 9.6 go to 9.8 so that's good. A 9.4 go to 9.6 (I knew 9.8 would be pushing it). A 8.0 go to 9.0 which is as I expected 9.0 to 9.2 range. Just glad it bumped up since it is a Stan sig. Probably won't do anymore Stan sigs unfortunately.

So the infamous "new graders" did not lay waste to your submission. Good to hear, sounds more like 1-2 people just being cranky about their grades, hope my submissions go as planned.

My last sub was hammered. One high grade book noted corner creases on the the front and back cover that weren't there at all which is a bit strange. I had a NM 87 that was about as sure shot 9.8 as you can find and it got a 9.6. I was so sure it was a 9.8 I sold my 9.8 while it was getting subbed because this copy was far nicer. While I am not complaining by any means, I can at least confirm that I did notice the grading was a bit off from what it normally is. I sub quite a bit and it's not too often I am surprised by grades.

They seem to have tightened up on the 9.8's if my last sub is any indication. I'm glad in the sense that I have seen too many overgraded 9.8 with color break, so it would be nice to not see those.

11 MFT

3/21 Received

3/22 Verified

3/29 Shipped/Safe

(10 9.8) (1 9.6)

Nice 10:1 ratio and that's crazy fast (8 days) of a turn around.

11 MFT

3/21 Received

3/22 Verified

3/29 Shipped/Safe

(10 9.8) (1 9.6)

Yeah crazy I am sending some more

Edited by krighton

11 MFT

3/21 Received

3/22 Verified

3/29 Shipped/Safe

(10 9.8) (1 9.6)

Nice grades. How modern were those moderns? Fresh off the shelf or Copper?

With these new TATs need to get around to picking out some more winners.

Just for clarity sake, "turnaround time" is defined as what?

Date Received at CGC to Date Shipped to Customer?

Because as of today for me: 5 Moderns Received 2/12/16.... currently "Scheduled for Grading"

:taptaptap:

Because as of today for me: 5 Moderns Received 2/12/16.... currently "Scheduled for Grading"

Turnaround time is business days.

The quotes just above are for fast tracked. If yours are regular slow track it seems about 2 calendar months right now for moderns.

11 MFT

3/21 Received

3/22 Verified

3/29 Shipped/Safe

(10 9.8) (1 9.6)

Nice grades. How modern were those moderns? Fresh off the shelf or Copper?

With these new TATs need to get around to picking out some more winners.

A few years old moderns.....i wasnt sure a few would make the cut they were pretty generous with some bindery tears

Edited by krighton

The quotes just above are for fast tracked. If yours are regular slow track it seems about 2 calendar months right now for moderns.

Yeah, I know, they're saying 38 business days for Modern TAT.

So is that 38 business days from their receiving it until they ship it? Or is it just 38 days to finish grading?

Cuz I'm at about 32 business days already and it ain't even been graded yet. :taptaptap:

Yeah, I know, they're saying 38 business days for Modern TAT.

So is that 38 business days from their receiving it until they ship it? Or is it just 38 days to finish grading?

Cuz I'm at about 32 business days already and it ain't even been graded yet. :taptaptap:

From Graded to Shipped seems to be trucking along. Had some at SFG and within 3 days were shipped.

This is the first time since they announced their reduced TATs that I've submitted so that sounds promising.

In the past their customer service folks would tell me that encapsulation was the bottleneck of the process. But that was then.