• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

Regular Modern

Recieved 3/03

Verified ?

Scheduled for Grading ?

Graded 3/29

Grading/Quality Control 4/10

Shipped 4/11

Received 3/31

Verified...not yet

1st submission has shipped.

i don't get this - my slow moderns arrived a 2/24 and have been stuck in graded but yours arrived about a week later and it's already shipped.

WTF

That shouldn't matter at all.

According to the CGC's own website:

Please refer to our Current Turnaround Estimates to determine when your comics will be completed and returned to you. The time it takes for submissions to move through the different phases of the process depends on the tier of service you selected and the volume of submissions we have in house. The amount of time a submission stays in any one point of the process is not necessarily indicative of the length of time it will take before your submission is completed.

For example, an Economy submission may make it quickly through the receiving/verification process and is ready for grading but if there are submissions with higher priority service types (like Standard or Express) in the grading room, they will get done first. Conversely, if a large volume of comics are received during a particular time, a submission may be marked as Received and not make it to Scheduled for Grading for many days but then quickly move through the other points in the process.

With that said, we never hold submissions back because of their service type. So, if there are Express and Economy submissions in the grading process and we can get them all done, we will regardless of the number days left in the projected turnaround time.

I think the middle paragraph might explain these situations a little better, but not too much.

:eek:

-slym

I sent just one book.

Maybe that's why?

I still say this probably happens. No matter what the website says.

^^

I agree - low hanging fruit - or maybe they ran out of 10.0 labels hm

I sent a box of 11 moderns off yesterday, so when I see them marked as "Received," I will start the date list.

11 moderns, no fast-track, marked as:

Received, 2/21/14 :banana:

Received & verified, 2/25/14

Scheduled For Grading, 3/18/14 :(

Graded, 3/24/14 (:

Graded/Quality Control, 4/3/14 iconshocking.gif

Shipped, 4/9/14 :whee:

:news:RECEIVED!!! 4/12/14

:acclaim:

-slym

Magazine standard submission

Received 3/7