• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

MODERN FAST TRACK

Received: 3/25/16

Verified: 3/28/16

Graded: 4/11/16

Quality Control: 4/18/16

Back to Graded: 4/18/16

Back to Quality Control: 4/19/16

Shipped: 4/21/16

One of the books I expected to get an 8.5 got a 9.4!!!

So, how do I get a tracking number?

MODERN FAST TRACK

Received: 3/25/16

Verified: 3/28/16

Graded: 4/11/16

Quality Control: 4/18/16

Back to Graded: 4/18/16

Back to Quality Control: 4/19/16

Shipped: 4/21/16

One of the books I expected to get an 8.5 got a 9.4!!!

So, how do I get a tracking number?

If you submitted under your account, you should get one later in the day or next morning after changing to SHIPPED/SAFE.

I just sent an email asking if they can shed any light on the delays. Maybe its just me but I find it unacceptable to pay for a service where time is part of the cost and the time you paid for is doubled and not even get an e-mail reagrding the situation. They for sure dont have a problem accepting your payment right away though...

My single biggest issue is that they(CGC) sent an email stating they were caught up on TAT's and that the new case should cut TAT's even further. The exact opposite seems to be the case.

I'm from the school of "If they'd of said nothing, I'd of thought nothing.." but to send an email stating the above really kind of bugs me 2c

My single biggest issue is that they(CGC) sent an email stating they were caught up on TAT's and that the new case should cut TAT's even further. The exact opposite seems to be the case.

I'm from the school of "If they'd of said nothing, I'd of thought nothing.." but to send an email stating the above really kind of bugs me 2c

It seemed pretty obvious that CGC was getting caught up and running extremely fast right before the case change since people were either not subbing or requesting they sit on books until after the change. Doesn't seem possible they would be able to maintain the blistering pace they had there for a few months.

Proper expectation setting. It's something most people and businesses suck at. Set a lower expectation and beat it even if the initial expectation is a disappointment because all people will remember is that you beat it. Set a high initial expectation and fail to meet it because people get excited by the initial expectation will just result in negative sentiment because again... all people will remember is that you failed to meet your set expectation.

I think a lot of people's expectations are outrageous to being with.

Patience is a virtue. You wanna rush someone? Expect quality to suffer.

That is a tradeoff some people are willing to accept. Not I. If it takes 6 months, then it takes 6 months, but at least I know I am getting a quality product.

Proper expectation setting. It's something most people and businesses suck at. Set a lower expectation and beat it even if the initial expectation is a disappointment because all people will remember is that you beat it. Set a high initial expectation and fail to meet it because people get excited by the initial expectation will just result in negative sentiment because again... all people will remember is that you failed to meet your set expectation.

Well said

I just sent an email asking if they can shed any light on the delays. Maybe its just me but I find it unacceptable to pay for a service where time is part of the cost and the time you paid for is doubled and not even get an e-mail reagrding the situation. They for sure dont have a problem accepting your payment right away though...

Welcome to 2004! lol

That is a tradeoff some people are willing to accept. Not I. If it takes 6 months, then it takes 6 months, but at least I know I am getting a quality product.

They are. In today's society of instant gratification on almost every level, individual's expectations have become unreasonable. Which is why proper expectation setting by a business on what it can deliver and when it can deliver it is even more important. You are now combating a societal norm of I want it my way and I want it now.

CGC and other businesses aren't doing themselves any favors by setting and failing to meet their own set expectations.

They are. In today's society of instant gratification on almost every level, individual's expectations have become unreasonable. Which is why proper expectation setting by a business on what it can deliver and when it can deliver it is even more important. You are now combating a societal norm of I want it my way and I want it now.

CGC and other businesses aren't doing themselves any favors by setting and failing to meet their own set expectations.

Agreed. If CGC said MFT was 30 business days and you get it in 25 you are :banana: however when they set it at 10 and you get it in 15 you are :( . I still don't understand why they have "estimated" and "current" turn around times. They haven't hit Modern, econ or value slow tracks TAT's for years now.

Agreed. If CGC said MFT was 30 business days and you get it in 25 you are :banana: however when they set it at 10 and you get it in 15 you are :( . I still don't understand why they have "estimated" and "current" turn around times. They haven't hit Modern, econ or value slow tracks TAT's for years now.

Exactly. I don't know why this is such a difficult concept for CGC to grasp (shrug)

They haven't hit Modern, econ or value slow tracks TAT's for years now.

My last value slow track submission came back in 32 business days...beating the 40 business day published TAT by 8 days (received at CGC on 2/17, in my hands on 4/2). I think my last econ submittal beat TAT as well, others here have had similar experiences in the last month or two but I think that window has now closed with the new label delays. :(

My last value slow track submission came back in 32 business days...beating the 40 business day published TAT by 8 days (received at CGC on 2/17, in my hands on 4/2). I think my last econ submittal beat TAT as well, others here have had similar experiences in the last month or two but I think that window has now closed with the new label delays. :(

You beat the CURRENT TaTs and I am sure you were pumped about that...have you beat the estimated turn around time (20 business days) for a modern slow track? Why even put that on the page if you haven't met it in years.

You don't want your book right now believe me, you want them to fix the problem before you get yours sent out. The 9 I just received are simply horrendous. I think the delay may be in that they are trying to figure out how to correct the problem

You don't want your book right now believe me, you want them to fix the problem before you get yours sent out. The 9 I just received are simply horrendous. I think the delay may be in that they are trying to figure out how to correct the problem

Only way to fix it is to re-write the laws of physics.

Or use different materials.

Or re-design the case.

Or just ignore it as long as possible.

I wonder which one they will end up doing? hm

lol

You beat the CURRENT TaTs and I am sure you were pumped about that...have you beat the estimated turn around time (20 business days) for a modern slow track? Why even put that on the page if you haven't met it in years.

Not sure what you mean, you said they haven't beat the value slow track TAT for years but my last value submittal beat the estimated TAT by over a week? (shrug)

Not sure what you mean, you said they haven't beat the value slow track TAT for years but my last value submittal beat the estimated TAT by over a week? (shrug)

Comics Turnaround Times

Service Current Turnaround Est. Turnaround

WalkThru Same Day Same Day

Express 5 Business Days 5 Business Days

Standard 15 Business Days 15 Business Days

Modern 38 Business Days 20 Business Days

Modern Fast Track 15 Business Days

Economy 40 Business Days 40 Business Days

Economy Fast Track 24 Business Days

Value 40 Business Days 40 Business Days

Value Fast Track 24 Business Days

Pre-screen 49 Business Days 25 Business Days

ReHolder 10 Business Days 10 Business Days

Why have this third column on their site/on the paper forms etc. All the bolded ones are pipe dreams and haven't happened in years.