• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

I think a lot of people's expectations are outrageous to being with.

Patience is a virtue. You wanna rush someone? Expect quality to suffer.

That is a tradeoff some people are willing to accept. Not I. If it takes 6 months, then it takes 6 months, but at least I know I am getting a quality product.

That's my take. Unfortunately, we live in a society which increasingly demands, and punishes if it does not get, instant gratification.

Comics Turnaround Times

Service Current Turnaround Est. Turnaround

Value 40 Business Days 40 Business Days

Why have this third column on their site/on the paper forms etc. All the bolded ones are pipe dreams and haven't happened in years.

You seem to be missing what I'm saying here - I just got the "bolded one" back in 32 business days earlier this month. :gossip:

And I just checked an earlier "bolded one", a value track slow submission received at CGC on 1/28 and back in my hands on 4/6. That's 39 business days. So my last two slow value tracks have beat both the estimated and current published TATs. :headbang:

Comics Turnaround Times

Service Current Turnaround Est. Turnaround

Value 40 Business Days 40 Business Days

Why have this third column on their site/on the paper forms etc. All the bolded ones are pipe dreams and haven't happened in years.

You seem to be missing what I'm saying here - I just got the "bolded one" back in 32 business days earlier this month. :gossip:

And I just checked an earlier "bolded one", a value track slow submission received at CGC on 1/28 and back in my hands on 4/6. That's 39 business days. So my last two slow value tracks have beat both the estimated and current published TATs. :headbang:

Nice! I did misunderstand what you were saying. I still don't see the need to post both dates. All it does it sets up for failure.

As a new customer seeing it saying Modern 40 days, we wish we were at 20 says hm why the big delay

As a regular customer one knows they are busy and if you post current TAT (slightly longer than they actually are) everyone will be a bit happy when things come in sooner.

I think a lot of people's expectations are outrageous to being with.

Patience is a virtue. You wanna rush someone? Expect quality to suffer.

That is a tradeoff some people are willing to accept. Not I. If it takes 6 months, then it takes 6 months, but at least I know I am getting a quality product.

That's my take. Unfortunately, we live in a society which increasingly demands, and punishes if it does not get, instant gratification.

It's a stupid concept conceived by stupid people. All we can do is try to set a standard for quality and make the moaners and whiners wait, or perhaps, force them to deal with competition that will continue to make promises they cannot keep and go out of business.

This used to work. Not sure if the worship of the dollar is what changed it.

Modern Fast Track:

Received: 3/30/16

Verified: 4/1/16

Scheduled for grading: 4/6/16

Graded: 4/14/16

Quality control: 4/21/16

Shipped/safe: 4/25/16

Grades are about what I expected. (thumbs u

Is it possible to call CGC and get grades for a submission once they have been graded? I remember doing so in the past but I do not remember at what status the books were at when I called.
You can get grades over the phone or have them send you a PDF of the grades once the books have been finalized. :gossip:

My single biggest issue is that they(CGC) sent an email stating they were caught up on TAT's and that the new case should cut TAT's even further. The exact opposite seems to be the case.

I'm from the school of "If they'd of said nothing, I'd of thought nothing.." but to send an email stating the above really kind of bugs me 2c

Proper expectation setting. It's something most people and businesses suck at. Set a lower expectation and beat it even if the initial expectation is a disappointment because all people will remember is that you beat it. Set a high initial expectation and fail to meet it because people get excited by the initial expectation will just result in negative sentiment because again... all people will remember is that you failed to meet your set expectation.

Exactly. Under promise, over deliver.

I'm a little perplexed. One of my recent submissions converted to "Shipped/Safe" on Apr. 11. No package shows up over the course of the next two weeks. I get an email that the package has shipped Apr. 25, two weeks after it converted to shipped. What gives? Has anyone else noticed this happening?

I'm a little perplexed. One of my recent submissions converted to "Shipped/Safe" on Apr. 11. No package shows up over the course of the next two weeks. I get an email that the package has shipped Apr. 25, two weeks after it converted to shipped. What gives? Has anyone else noticed this happening?

It happens from time to time due to shipping backup. Don't assume it's in the mail until you receive a tracking number. (thumbs u

It happens from time to time due to shipping backup. Don't assume it's in the mail until you receive a tracking number package. (thumbs u