• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,965 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Mailed 4 books standard on 3/28, they entered them on 4/30 and I got them today. :whatthe:

I think they are making up for the years it took me a month to get standard books.

I have to edit this, they actually went in the week before. One book was in a PGX slab and a board friend who was visiting was kind enough to unslab it for me. I asked my husband when we saw this friend and he said last Monday, and he was correct, but we also saw him the week before as well, and that's when he deslabbed the book.

STILL pretty quick.,

3 hours ago, Mad Titan said:

:whatthe: That's like what 5 days! I'm sure in a year or two  we'll look back and reminisce about these fast TATs! :preach:

See my edit;) it was not quite 5 days, but still less than 2 weeks.

13 hours ago, nWo_22 said:

I had a 2 people show me slabs they got back with in the last 6 months at Wondercon  this past weekend.  Probably about 20 or so.  Only one I said he should re-sub.  They missed light fingerprints, rust on staples, and other hidden defects that most casual submitters miss.  Now I am not saying you can't grade, but I am for sure saying the reason you aren't getting 9.8's isn't though because of 1 small/minor stress line.  That has never happened to me in the history of subbing to CGC.  Last week for example my grades on a big ticket FT Modern invoice was business as usual. (shrug)  Grades were as expected.  

Are you sure you aren't missing one other flaw in conjunction with that 1 stress line to bring the grade down to 9.6?

Hard to say because I don't usually break out a 9.6 slab - sell it and move on.  I have talked to several bigger slab dealers at my local shows and they mirror my sentiments and I have seen a noticeable drop in grades being posted in the What Did You Get Back From CGC section.  All of these people could be missing flaws but when it is a trend you have to question it. 

16 hours ago, nWo_22 said:

I had a 2 people show me slabs they got back with in the last 6 months at Wondercon  this past weekend.  Probably about 20 or so.  Only one I said he should re-sub.  They missed light fingerprints, rust on staples, and other hidden defects that most casual submitters miss.  Now I am not saying you can't grade, but I am for sure saying the reason you aren't getting 9.8's isn't though because of 1 small/minor stress line.  That has never happened to me in the history of subbing to CGC.  Last week for example my grades on a big ticket FT Modern invoice was business as usual. (shrug)  Grades were as expected.  

Are you sure you aren't missing one other flaw in conjunction with that 1 stress line to bring the grade down to 9.6?

@1Cool is right about the tightening and I'm certain its not because suddenly a majority of submitters are missing defects..  Some of the most knowledgeable collectors on these boards (including 1Cool) have all noticed this.  I've had discussions with pressers, collectors and even staff from ComicLink about how tight things are.  I'm only a collector so I don't submit dealer level volumes but I submitted around 100 books last year and noticed the tightening around August and based on some of the grades I got back this week, it hasn't stopped.  I submit mostly SA books so can't speak to the MA submissions.  I don't think it's a bad thing, but it can be disappointing when a grade comes back one or two bumps lower.  I've just tightened my assessment of a book prior to submitting and have backed off submitting books I feel are straddling grades.

10 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I'm not sure how people are receiving economy books so fast. I have a modern magazine sub rec'd on 3/10 still at verified.

They have always taking their sweet time with magazine but that may have to do with the necessary changes to the slabbing machine to accommodate the bigger slabs.  They only do it so often while the modern books get slabbed lightening fast.

12 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I'm not sure how people are receiving economy books so fast. I have a modern magazine sub rec'd on 3/10 still at verified.

Somewhere on the boards a couple of submitters mentioned their books arriving in the mail while still being in a state other than "Shipped/Safe".  Fire off an email to customer service.  

11 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Somewhere on the boards a couple of submitters mentioned their books arriving in the mail while still being in a state other than "Shipped/Safe".  Fire off an email to customer service.  

Thanks. I remember that now too. I sent an email

WonderCon 2017 Submissions:

MFT  (4 books)

Received: 4/6

Verified: 4/7

Scheduled for Grading: 4/10

Graded: 4/10

QC:

Shipped:

MFT SS (3 books)

QC:

Shipped:

MFT SS - Jim Lee signing (2 books)

Received: 4/10

Verified: 4/11

Scheduled for Grading:

Graded:

QC:

Shipped:

Edited by Praxis52

21 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had some SS sent too the weekend of WonderCon from that Sunday when he was at Fan Expo Dallas, looking good :cloud9:

Nice!  Good Luck with the grades!  I'm hoping my Jim Lee submissions maintain their 9.8 status.  *fingers crossed*

On 4/10/2017 at 10:08 AM, Praxis52 said:

WonderCon 2017 Submissions:

MFT  (4 books)

QC: 4/12

Shipped: 4/13

MFT SS (3 books)

QC: 4/12

Shipped: 4/13

MFT SS - Jim Lee signing (2 books)

Received: 4/10

Verified: 4/11

Scheduled for Grading: 4/13

Graded: 

QC:

Shipped:

These guys are seriously moving... Love the TATs!  Hasn't been a week and I'm my books in the Graded status.  Keep it up CGC!

Edited by Praxis52

30 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Just curious why they are so much faster than last year ... more employees? better machinery? more hours? less submissions? just plain working faster?

More employees for sure because they've stated such, Better machinery? idk maybe more or them but idk, definitely not less submissions; I think the key component is more and new graders, which is why some have the opinion that they are strict on grading at the moment; to be determined on that end though :)