• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,954 posts in this topic

Modern SLOW track

Received 3/28/17 Tuesday

Shipped Safe 4/14/17 Friday

VERY VERY VERY FAST.  

13 Business days total.  SUPER SUPER SUPER fast.

Grading was tight still but I can live with that.

12 books  48%  9.8

9 Books    36%  9.6

2 books    8%   9.4

2 Books     8%   9.4

E

5 minutes ago, elektra101 said:

Modern SLOW track

Received 3/28/17 Tuesday

VERY VERY VERY FAST.  

12 books  48%  9.8

9 Books    36%  9.6

2 books    8%   9.4

2 Books     8%   9.4

E

That's pretty fast. I have a slow modern prescreen in, also 3/28. I keep refreshing to see if it will go in QC today.

*Also a modern magazine sub rec'd 3/10 that is still at graded.

Three submissions. No fast track. No pre-screen. 

STANDARD (2 books) - 10 Business Days

4/5 - Verified 

4/14 - Graded

4/17 - Quality Control

4/18 - Shipped/Safe

ECONOMY (7 books)

4/5 - Verified

5/4 - Scheduled for Grading

5/5 - Graded

5/11 - Quality Control

VALUE (15 books)

4/5 - Verified

5/4 - Scheduled for Grading

5/5 - Graded

5/10 - Quality Control

Edited by ProcessedMeatMan

2 hours ago, elektra101 said:

Modern SLOW track

Received 3/28/17 Tuesday

VERY VERY VERY FAST.  

12 books  48%  9.8

9 Books    36%  9.6

2 books    8%   9.4

2 Books     8%   9.4

E

Yes, super fast TAT's right now. But grading is not only tight, it's inconsistent. Probably because they have a bunch of new people but really, CGC needs to address it. As others have pointed out in this thread, 9.6's getting 9.6 for no apparent reason. It seems like they are purposely not grading things as 9.8 to keep the 9.8 numbers on the lower side. I'm getting back 45 modern tier books, most being copper age books and some early Walking Dead. A bunch of 9.6's with grading notes like lite spine stress and fingerprints. Fine. But then there are also a bunch of 9.6's with no notes. If you saw something like "light fingerprints center of back cover" to bring one book down to 9.6 and you noted it, then you must have seen something to bring these other books down too. So why no notes? Probably because there was nothing to note. Which should mean that it should have been a 9.8. Either note the defects so I know what you are downgrading for, or if there are no notable defects give it the 9.8 it deserves. 

As for inconsistency. One book received a 9.6 with the only note being "small lite printers crease  right center of front cover". I can show you plenty of 9.8s with huge multiple printers creases. When did they start downgrading for printers creases? How about making that known to your customers? They went years without downgrading for that defect. Now apparently they are. Either don't switch your grading criteria, or at least inform us that you are so we know what to expect.

CGC - I know you read these boards. Fix your grading problems. Fast TAT's are great but not at the expense of inconsistent grading.

2 hours ago, LordRahl said:

CGC - I know you read these boards. Fix your grading problems. Fast TAT's are great but not at the expense of inconsistent grading.

Agreed. If they note all 9.6, I might re-sub some books to CCS if it looks like something that can be fixed. If there are no notes, I am not going to risk the money. So, adding notes could increase biz for re-grading. Please, Please.

As for TAT, I am happy that it has sped up and hopefully it will keep this speed during heart of con season or at least close. Fingers crossed.

Edited by kevhtx

On 4/12/2017 at 9:23 AM, Praxis52 said:

These guys are seriously moving... Love the TATs!  Hasn't been a week and I'm my books in the Graded status.  Keep it up CGC!

Surprised the my Jim Lee books are still in Scheduled for Grading after such a quick turnaround for my other WonderCon submissions.

On 4/14/2017 at 1:53 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

That's pretty fast. I have a slow modern prescreen in, also 3/28. I keep refreshing to see if it will go in QC today.

*Also a modern magazine sub rec'd 3/10 that is still at graded.

Modern Prescreen rec'd 3/28 Shipped 4/18

*Modern magazine rec'd 3/10 at graded. I'm hoping it goes to QC today

I am wondering if the newly added resources have been specifically added / allocated to modern subs? 

From experience modern FT and standard had been on a very similar schedule but I just sent in subs for both (14 Modern FT and 7 Standard) - the Modern sub was checked in 2 business days earlier than the Standard and has already shipped while the Standard sub is still at Verified. 

If they did I don't know if that is primarily due to volume or ease of training or maybe a bit of both.

11 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

they loosen back up yet?

lol want it now do ya? I'm just kidding around, it's a shame they haven't started on the Jim Lee SS from Wonder Con, I have some of those SS from Fan Expo Dallas from the same weekend that I'm waiting on--sigh----4-6 weeks still sound about right?

Wonder Con and Fan Expo were April 1st weekend.....idk I expect first of next month...

23 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Modern Mag rec'd 3/10 hit shipped today 4/19. Very happy with the grades

So happy for you!! that makes me happy that people are glad with the grades to day! you and @kevhtx

54 minutes ago, RattyLa said:

2 Books SS Modern Fast Track dropped off at Fan Expo Dallas

Received: 4/12

Ship/safe: 4/20

Nice :) were any of the SS Jim Lee? still waiting on mine.... lol anyway, Awesome hopefully the rest of us can be looking ;)