• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,951 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

My modern magazine sub verified 4/10 currently at graded - 29 days and counting 

mine that was verified on 4/7 just popped today so you are likely looking at Monday or Tuesday of next week for shipping I would guess

53 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I called about my 1 C2E2 book NM 98.....

supposedly it sits at verified on 5/9/2017......

Does this sound right? Anyone with their own account got tracking on C2E2 books? and can tell me if CGC is still doing their 4 week turnaround? or does Verified on 9th of May sound right??

@exitmusicblue

I am not sure about C2E2, but i have had modern books sit for 2 1/2 -3 weeks at verified, go to schedule for grading 1 day, next day is graded.

7 minutes ago, RattyLa said:

I am not sure about C2E2, but i have had modern books sit for 2 1/2 -3 weeks at verified, go to schedule for grading 1 day, next day is graded.

I appreciate it :) they were real understanding when I called, said they got 90+ boxes from C2E2 and there were more from another con. I submitted through a facilitator and can't track. My Fan Expo Dallas was done in exactly 20 days, presumably 20 days from C2E2 on April 22 is tomorrow ie. I might have jumped the gun in calling a day early ;) 

Standard x2 (Hulk 181/ASM 129)

Verified 5/8

SFG 5/18

Shipped 5/19

I've never seen one go from SFG to Shipped in one day. I checked every day so it's not like I missed a couple of days at one status. Tracking is showing Tuesday arrival!

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!

1 hour ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Standard x2 (Hulk 181/ASM 129)

Verified 5/8

SFG 5/18

Shipped 5/19

I've never seen one go from SFG to Shipped in one day. I checked every day so it's not like I missed a couple of days at one status. Tracking is showing Tuesday arrival!

wow same here -my books were receive just like yours Standard

Verified 5/8

SFG 5/17

Graded 5/18

Quality Control 5/19

Shipped???

Dropped 25 Moderns on 3/31/17 at Indiana Comic Con

Received 4/24

Dropped 80 Prescreen 9.8s on 3/31/17 at Indiana Comic Con

Received 4/24/17

Verified 5/5/17

25 Moderns are graded as of 5/10/17

80 Prescreeen books are still in Verified status

25 of the prescreens went to quality control 5/19/17

55 still verifed as of 5/10/17

38 minutes ago, the authority said:

25 Moderns are graded as of 5/10/17

80 Prescreeen books are still in Verified status

25 of the prescreens went to quality control 5/19/17

55 still verifed as of 5/10/17

I have never prescreened, does this mean 55 failed the screen?

8 minutes ago, Bird said:

I have never prescreened, does this mean 55 failed the screen?

No. I sent groups of 25, 25,25, and 5. They just sent the 1st 25 to QC. I've been very pleased with the grades I've received from the 1st bunch. I'll keep you updated.

14 minutes ago, the authority said:

No. I sent groups of 25, 25,25, and 5. They just sent the 1st 25 to QC. I've been very pleased with the grades I've received from the 1st bunch. I'll keep you updated.

:wishluck:

Wow. I certainly hope I didn't miss that many but it could happen. Most of the stuff I vent was from the last 5 or 6 years. I took a shot on some older stuff I had left over that I bought in bulk when they came out like 7 copies of Batman 655. I also sent in lots like Cable/Deadpool #1 and X-23 #1 with the red covers. No big stuff. 

I will say that of the first 20 copies I sent that weren't prescreened, I thought one of the books might get a 9.8. It ended up being 4 of them. None of them were pressed. Sent in a couple of Detective Comics that I bought in a reader lot on ebay. #443 got a 9.2 and #444 got an 8.5. I wasn't comfortable giving a grade on either squarebound book. Both graded higher than my highest estimate.

I expect to know how my first 25 prescreens grade out as soon as I know. :wishluck:

5 hours ago, NamesJay said:

My grading eye needs to improve. I'm getting 50% passing at BEST on 9.8 pre-screens. This is after I've had friends help me with pre-screening process.

One question please. Did CGC grader notes as to why they weren't 9.8 ? 

1 hour ago, the authority said:

One question please. Did CGC grader notes as to why they weren't 9.8 ? 

Funny you mention that. I called when they were in Quality Control to update my payment information and when I did the person told me what I owed. I explained that the order doesn't show as completed yet but he insisted it was completed, so then I called customer service and they told me which ones passed and which ones failed. I don't know if any have grader notes yet. I'm picking up books on Tuesday but website hasn't been updated to 'Shipped/Safe' yet.

I sent 4 x for Grading, plus 1 x Reholder .. turn around from shipping to receiving was less than a month .. and I'm in the U.K.  So, one happy camper here. << Just my 2c on my own situation. I feel for everyone whose books are delayed for whatever reason.