• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

Crazy UPS!! 

If it ships on Tuesday and has 3 business day's to get here, shouldn't it arrive on Friday? and not the following Monday? argh 

We gonna have a celbration, it's alright! Celebrate good times c'mon! C'mon and celebrate! It's a celebration :) 

9 hours ago, joeypost said:

Update.

Smaller 3 book invoice moved to scheduled to be graded on 6/8

Larger invoice has had resto check but still verified.

How can you tell when resto check has occurred?  I've never seen anything between "verified" and "scheduled for grading."

5 hours ago, somewhereintexas said:

How can you tell when resto check has occurred?  I've never seen anything between "verified" and "scheduled for grading."

When they add information into the "category" columns. It sits at NA and once they check the books they will add "Modern, universal, C-1, etc). I would imagine that the book is probably graded, but not finalized at this point as well.

On 6/7/2017 at 6:45 PM, RattyLa said:

Even if CGC was a little behind, I still take the current rates compared to 6-8 months ago when it would take 2-3 months for a Regular submission.

Correct.

I would expect CGC to be a little more behind during prime time of convention season (which we are obviously in now), and back to on-time once NY Comic Con is over October.

With people mailing in more books because CGC has been on time all year long, convention season, and 6-1-17 price hike its only common sense grading would take a small set-back.

With all the new people they hired and 110% quicker/efficient slabbing methods I highly doubt we'll ever see turnaround times be unbearable in years past ever again.   I had 75 books (3 invoices) graded last week and they were shipped in basically 2 days after the invoices were Graded. In the past after they were Graded they sat for an extra month.  To me that was the best news of the end of 2016 was seeing how much quicker CGC now can encapsulate after grading was done.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

Is it normal to have books at "received" for a while without verification, or does it by chance have anything to do with the fact that i filled out a 

submission form with the old prices?

I was actually counting on my postal carrier to deliver my package before the price change, which they clearly didn't

because of the holidays.

7 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Correct.

I would expect CGC to be a little more behind during prime time of convention season (which we are obviously in now), and back to on-time once NY Comic Con is over October.

With people mailing in more books because CGC has been on time all year long, convention season, and 6-1-17 price hike its only common sense grading would take a small set-back.

With all the new people they hired and 110% quicker/efficient slabbing methods I highly doubt we'll ever see turnaround times be unbearable in years past ever again.   I had 75 books (3 invoices) graded last week and they were shipped in basically 2 days after the invoices were Graded. In the past after they were Graded they sat for an extra month.  To me that was the best news of the end of 2016 was seeing how much quicker CGC now can encapsulate after grading was done.

Must be nice. I have 6 moderns in quality control for 10 days now.  Starting to think they are holding them to ship with a pre grade lot I submitted.

10 minutes ago, slg343 said:

Must be nice. I have 6 moderns in quality control for 10 days now.  Starting to think they are holding them to ship with a pre grade lot I submitted.

They don't hold books to combine shipping. I had to have 2 different invoices for megacon SS books, 1 was 1 book (hughes) and another sub had 2 books. 

2 book lot shipped, 1 book lot still at graded.

18 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

I would call them as that doesnt seem right.

I seem to end up calling them alot.  Had to call to get my pre Screen books verified after being picked up at post office 10 days earlier.  I will give it till noon today and then call.

45 minutes ago, RattyLa said:

They don't hold books to combine shipping. I had to have 2 different invoices for megacon SS books, 1 was 1 book (hughes) and another sub had 2 books. 

2 book lot shipped, 1 book lot still at graded.

Strange that it is hung up in QC then.  Usually goes QC and bam shipped in a couple days.

No Fast Track, No Prescreen, Online Submission

25 Modern Books
Received 05/11/17
Verified 05/11/17
SFG 06/07/17
Graded 06/08/17
QC 06/12/17
Shipped 06/13/17

25 Signature Series Modern Books
Received 05/16/17
Verified 06/05/17

25 Modern Books
Received 05/23/17
Verified 05/23/17

25 Modern Books
Received 05/23/17
Verified 05/23/17

Modern 6 books

Received/verified 5/08/17

Graded 6/1

QC 6/3

Shipped 6/14 disappointing scores :(

Prescreen 32 books modern

Received 5/08/17

Verified 5/16/17

graded 6/12/17

QC 6/19/17

Modern 6 bookss

Received/verified 6/08/17

Modern 3 books

Received/verified 6/13/17

Edited by slg343
update prescreen.

Looks like CGC is even further behind on Modern subs. Mine was graded last Thursday and is still sitting waiting for encapsulation. 23 business days as of today and likely will not be shipped until closer to 30.

24 books modern

Received 5/12/17

Verified somewhere last week of May

Graded 6/8/17

Encapsulated - still waiting.

On 6/1/2017 at 2:54 PM, KryptoSpidey said:

Sounds like CGC was likely swamped this week with everyone trying to get in books before todays price increase.

I sent in 6 SILVER-AGE books in the STANDARD TIER. Had to use the fillable PDF and mail the copies with the book, likely slowing down the process, as the new BETA online form is lacking IMAGING option, which i always get to document my CGC Submitted books.

Books were mailed on Friday, May 26 and received at the Sarasota Post Office on Monday, Memorial Day but the PO was closed and (i assume CGC was also?).

The books were Retrieved by CGC Tue at 11am, and it was Wed at 8pm when i received an Email notification that the books were with CGC(RECEIVED).

11am this morning ,THURSDAY my card was charged and status changed to VERIFIED.

Lets see how this plays out, not sure how STANDARD submissions have been moving along, as i see mostly MODERN TIERS being commented on in the thread.

6 books. STANDARD

6/1 Verified

6/15 Just changed to SCHEDULE FOR GRADING.

Edited by KryptoSpidey