• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,954 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've been patiently waiting on my NM 98 that was signed at C2E2..... that was April 21st lol somehow it wasn't recieved at CGC until May 9th and still isn't verified.... I didn't send it in for pressing or anything meh but I heard somewhere that like Stan, Rob Liefeld (the sig I got) might take longer going through a CGC facilitator because only certain people handle Liefeld (and Stan Lee)--------whew that was a mouthful :) 

As said: SS non-fast-track NM 98 Liefeld...

Revieved May 9th

NOW

Verified: has been done

Scheduled for Grading 5/25

7 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

Are you guys using online submission form or paper form?

Been using the Online form for the past few months, find it faster than the paper form. Especially since my hand writing it terrible, i'm sure the ones who receive books at CGC appreciate a typed of invoice.

anyone else send comics to CGC this week that show as being delivered but are not yet acknowledged on their end?

I had a package that USPS shows as delivered on Wednesday but nothing from CGC (CC Charges or otherwise).  Usually my subs show up in their system the same day so I am a little concerned.

2 minutes ago, pjray55 said:

anyone else send comics to CGC this week that show as being delivered but are not yet acknowledged on their end?

I had a package that USPS shows as delivered on Wednesday but nothing from CGC (CC Charges or otherwise).  Usually my subs show up in their system the same day so I am a little concerned.

Yes. I had a package delivered on Wednesday as well but not yet showing up. Guessing they are getting hit with the rush before the rate increase. 

6 minutes ago, cbalroman said:

Yes. I had a package delivered on Wednesday as well but not yet showing up. Guessing they are getting hit with the rush before the rate increase. 

Thank you!

On 5/20/2017 at 3:54 PM, NamesJay said:

My grading eye needs to improve. I'm getting 50% passing at BEST on 9.8 pre-screens. This is after I've had friends help me with pre-screening process.

I can tell you I've sent books in that I inspected over at least 5 times, and when they've been rejected and returned they have multiple spine dings on the spine.  I never submit any book that would have even 1 spine tick for fear of rejection.  My only guess is it's bad handling by the post office, CGC receiving, or I just suck at packaging my books.  hm

1 hour ago, Sludgesicle Man said:

I can tell you I've sent books in that I inspected over at least 5 times, and when they've been rejected and returned they have multiple spine dings on the spine.  I never submit any book that would have even 1 spine tick for fear of rejection.  My only guess is it's bad handling by the post office, CGC receiving, or I just suck at packaging my books.  hm

I'm local so I just drive the books up. On my most recent batch, I was looking at the rejects and I still can't figure out what's wrong with them. I look at them in good light and pay extra special attention to the areas near the spine and staples.

I've even had others review and they can't find issues. 

On 5/22/2017 at 9:59 PM, the authority said:

25 moderns dropped of at Indiana Comic Con 3/31/17 

received 4/24

verified 5/5

25 Moderns are graded as of 5/10/17

80 modern prescreens dropped off at Indiana Comic Con 3/31/17

received 4/24

verified 5/5

80 Prescreeen books are still in Verified status

25 of the prescreens went to quality control 5/19/17

55 of the prescreens went to quality control 5/22/17

All books shipped safe as of 5/26/17 I issed a few and the ones I tried to slide by, didn't slide. lol Overall, very happy with the results. I have another 150 shipping out 5/30/17. I'm hoping that beats the new prices.

8 minutes ago, slg343 said:

Is it possible to have Signiture confirmation removed from fed ex and UPS shipments?  

not sure about that specifically but you can log in and have them re-routed to a store, which is what I do when I cannot be there to sign

On 5/25/2017 at 2:01 PM, mccollect said:

1 book Fast Track Economy

Received: 5/12

Verified: 5/13

Graded: 5/16

Grading /Quality Control: 5/25

Also 4 Modern Slow

1 book Fast Track Economy