• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,951 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Mine shipped today! Submitted at C2E2, SS modern received May 9th  shipped June 6th

Looks like the rush to get books in before 6/1 is impacting TAT's.

Moderns Received 5/12. Today is 19 days if you count the day they were received. They have not made it to the resto check stage yet. :p

1 minute ago, joeypost said:

Moderns Received 5/12. Today is 19 days if you count the day they were received. They have not made it to the resto check stage yet. :p

They seem to be at right about 4 weeks to ship back, from when they were "recieved". I think they were slow to "recieve" them in order to keep it at 4 weeks though, or it's an amazing coincidence....C2E2 was April 21st so they probably got it last week in April or first week in May at the latest....idk recieved May 9th? when they were shipped right after April 21st? 

it's con season

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

They seem to be at right about 4 weeks to ship back, from when they were "recieved". I think they were slow to "recieve" them in order to keep it at 4 weeks though, or it's an amazing coincidence....C2E2 was April 21st so they probably got it last week in April or first week in May at the latest....idk recieved May 9th? when they were shipped right after April 21st? 

it's con season

My last 4 submissions have skipped recieved stage and went to verified after a week or two delay.  They are definitely not on schedule anymore.

Edited by slg343

6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

it's con season

My experience has been that submissions made at cons have a delay in being "received."  The exception was Megacon, and perhaps it is because in that case the books were simply driven back, but for other shows the books are shipped back, and CGC doesn't necessarily process the packages as soon as they are received.

6 hours ago, joeypost said:

General rule for counting days is that either the first day or the last day are counted, but not both.  Plus, Memorial Day came in between, so it's been 17 business days since 5/12, assuming that CGC doesn't invoke the Friday before a major con exception.  So really hard to tell how many business days it's been for CGC since 5/12 as Megacon and Wizard World Philadelphia (this one is probably a stretch) took place in the interim.

Based on what people have posted here around my own received time, it appears the online form is getting worked on first.  Maybe a Pavlovian positive reinforcement tactic?  So con subs and paper subs are being logged in as they arrive, like everyone else, but they aren't starting on them necessarily in the order they arrive.

Unless they are able to grade/encapsulate/ship by the end of the week they will be a bit behind on my mid May submission: 

24 Modern received 5/12/2017 - still at Verified as of 6/7/2017.

20 hours ago, kimik said:

Unless they are able to grade/encapsulate/ship by the end of the week they will be a bit behind on my mid May submission: 

24 Modern received 5/12/2017 - still at Verified as of 6/7/2017.

I had 17 verified on 5/10. Graded yesterday. Shipped today. Yours should be close behind.

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!

17 hours ago, RattyLa said:

Even if CGC was a little behind, I still take the current rates compared to 6-8 months ago when it would take 2-3 months for a Regular submission.

They are creeping towards that with some of the other tiers. Value is up to 50 business days already which means my submission form May 31 will not be back until August. :tonofbricks:

To speed things up they just need to slap 9.8 on all of the books in my Modern submission and all will be fine from my perspective.  lol

Edited by kimik

16 hours ago, comicquant said:

Economy (6 books):
Verified 06/01/2017

Economy Fast Track (2 books):
Grading/Quality Control 06/07/2017

Economy (6 books):
Verified 06/01/2017

Shipped/Safe 06/08/2017

7 Days roundtrip for GA books going through Economy Fast Track.  That has to be one of the fastest turnarounds I've ever had!  

14 minutes ago, kimik said:

They are creeping towards that with some of the other tiers. Value is up to 50 business days already which means my submission form May 31 will not be back until August. :tonofbricks:

To speed things up they just need to slap 9.8 on all of the books in my Modern submission and all will be fine from my perspective.  lol

That would be agreeable!

:)

4 hours ago, comicquant said:

Economy (6 books):
Verified 06/01/2017

Shipped/Safe 06/08/2017

7 Days roundtrip for GA books going through Economy Fast Track.  That has to be one of the fastest turnarounds I've ever had!  

How is ECONOMY FAST TRACK faster than STANDARD SUBMISSION? I had books in STANDARD received 5/31 and VERIFIED 6/1 . Isn't STANDARD a higher value and faster tier than EFT? Im so confused , and still wondering why i had to use a paper invoice to invoice to get imaging option when i submitted an online form originally, but realized there was no imaging option, something CGC still hasnt addressed properly.

14 minutes ago, kryptospidey said:

How is ECONOMY FAST TRACK faster than STANDARD SUBMISSION? I had books in STANDARD received 5/31 and VERIFIED 6/1 . Isn't STANDARD a higher value and faster tier than EFT? Im so confused , and still wondering why i had to use a paper invoice to invoice to get imaging option when i submitted an online form originally, but realized there was no imaging option, something CGC still hasnt addressed properly.

It was two GA books and I know there are graders assigned to specific ages.  I may have gotten in there during a light GA period.  I think SA/BA are probably flooded right now.

On 6/1/2017 at 11:05 PM, Bird said:

good to see that. I have had some books at verified since 5/10 so my time should be coming! I snuck a few more in under the wire, verified yesterday

These 7 MST hit shipped/safe today. 5/7 got 9.8 and the other 2 got 9.6 (both Sienkiewicz variants, the ones I wanted to keep if 9.8!). I already made a test sales thread for them ...talk about in a hurry!

Edited by Bird

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:55 AM, joeypost said:

Update.

Smaller 3 book invoice moved to scheduled to be graded on 6/8

Larger invoice has had resto check but still verified.