• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,951 posts in this topic

Sounds like CGC was likely swamped this week with everyone trying to get in books before todays price increase.

I sent in 6 SILVER-AGE books in the STANDARD TIER. Had to use the fillable PDF and mail the copies with the book, likely slowing down the process, as the new BETA online form is lacking IMAGING option, which i always get to document my CGC Submitted books.

Books were mailed on Friday, May 26 and received at the Sarasota Post Office on Monday, Memorial Day but the PO was closed and (i assume CGC was also?).

The books were Retrieved by CGC Tue at 11am, and it was Wed at 8pm when i received an Email notification that the books were with CGC(RECEIVED).

11am this morning ,THURSDAY my card was charged and status changed to VERIFIED.

Lets see how this plays out, not sure how STANDARD submissions have been moving along, as i see mostly MODERN TIERS being commented on in the thread.

Edited by kryptospidey

I don't know what happened to the price increase thread or email, but I think that if it was "recieved" before June 1st your good.... :wishluck:

Also, I've been complaining that it's been since C2E2 and mine is still in the que for grading, I had it pointed out to me that the book wasn't revieved until May 9th and it will be 4-6 weeks since then lol I just wanted to apoligize for my indiscretions :sorry:

10 minutes ago, kryptospidey said:

Sounds like CGC was likely swamped this week with everyone trying to get in books before todays price increase.

I sent in 6 SILVER-AGE books in the STANDARD TIER. Had to use the fillable PDF and mail the copies with the book, likely slowing down the process, as the new BETA online form is lacking IMAGING option, which i always get to document my CGC Submitted books.

Books were mailed on Friday, May 26 and received at the Sarasota Post Office on Monday, Memorial Day but the PO was closed and (i assume CGC was also?).

The books were Retrieved by CGC Tue at 11am, and it was Wed at 8pm when i received an Email notification that the books were with CGC(RECEIVED).

Lets see how this plays out, not sure how STANDARD submissions have been moving along, as i see mostly MODERN TIERS being commented on in the thread.

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't know what happened to the price increase thread or email, but I think that if it was "recieved" before June 1st your good.... :wishluck:

Also, I've been complaining that it's been since C2E2 and mine is still in the que for grading, I had it pointed out to me that the book wasn't revieved until May 9th and it will be 4-6 weeks since then lol I just wanted to apoligize for my indiscretions :sorry:

Yeah i was charged exactly what the invoice was for, old rates, since it was "received" yesterday and in the system. They must have been working late yesterday, as it showed up around 8pm , on my account page and Notified by email. They were likely squeezing everything received in, as the computer pricing reset today likely.

good to see that. I have had some books at verified since 5/10 so my time should be coming! I snuck a few more in under the wire, verified yesterday

8 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

So to confirm, we don't receive emails on status if we dropped off books at a Con?

If you put it onto your cgc account then you will notifications like any other submission.

2 SS books from megacon received status today for me

19 hours ago, kryptospidey said:

Had 4 standard receive and graded all within 10 days last month.

At the moment got 4 more standard heading to CGC.

My last two MFTPS submissions:

Books received at CGC                    Books shipped/safe

5.8.17                                                  5.16.17

5.23.17                                                6.02.17

No Fast Track, No Prescreen, Online Submission

25 Modern Books
Received 05/05/17
Verified 05/05/17
Schedule For Grading 05/23/17
Graded 05/24/17
QC - 05/30/17
Shipped 06/01/17