• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,948 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, colossus127 said:

Has ANYBODY gotten their Kevin Eastman signed comics or magazines back yet!? Good lord I keep getting the run around from them on it, I sent in 3 magazines on 2 separate orders, the first one wasnt signed at the event so they had to mail it to him. The other two were signed at the event and then put on Scheduled For Grading on 2/15/21. After 2 months if waiting on that I contacted them and they said it was backed up and would be coming out soon, another two weeks went by and I contacted them AGAIN and they said it was being finished and would come out in the next week......well that was 2 weeks ago AGAIN and neither of the orders have moved an inch. I have even received comics pressed and signed back from the Frank Miller 35th Anniversary signing, an event held afterwards...... W.....T.....F MAN!!!! 

2 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

meanwhile my Express submission delivered 3/19 didn't hit received at CCS until 4/13 and hasn't changed tracking status since :tonofbricks:

Mind me asking what membership tier you have? Like I upgraded from Prem to Elite beginning of year and I feel that I don't experience some of the really crazy waits that others do. Long yes, but not to "is it lost?" point. So wondered if tier might play any role at all in the FIFO sorting.

1 hour ago, Jaywalker0 said:

Mind me asking what membership tier you have? Like I upgraded from Prem to Elite beginning of year and I feel that I don't experience some of the really crazy waits that others do. Long yes, but not to "is it lost?" point. So wondered if tier might play any role at all in the FIFO sorting.

I'm in premium

3 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

I'm in premium

Hmm. Not saying there's any reason to think tiers matter, but wonder what would we find if we knew member tiers on subs that take unusually long vs relatively quick?

2 hours ago, Ninja0215 said:

So is it true that TAT is 4- 5 months?? If that's the case, I can forgive them.  

The site is currently showing 64 working days which is about 3 months - but it's unsure if that includes the month it takes for them to now open your package.

18 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

The site is currently showing 64 working days which is about 3 months - but it's unsure if that includes the month it takes for them to now open your package.

Supposedly the clock starts when they open the box, I  don't know if that's true or not . I remember when i submitted turn arounds for just grading were 43 days. , I can't recall what pressing times were but this was back in January when I mailed my box out. 

1 minute ago, Ninja0215 said:

Maybe they're catching up?? Or just wishful thinking 

I almost wish they would've postponed their decision to raise prices until they caught up a bit with the turnaround times. Now I feel like their inventory got a lot bigger with everyone submitting their books before the price change. Hopefully they'll catch up at some point, but for the people that sent their books to be pressed earlier this year, it'll be an extra long wait.

1 minute ago, skybolt said:

I almost wish they would've postponed their decision to raise prices until they caught up a bit with the turnaround times. Now I feel like their inventory got a lot bigger with everyone submitting their books before the price change. Hopefully they'll catch up at some point, but for the people that sent their books to be pressed earlier this year, it'll be an extra long wait.

Yeah man , tell me about it. Three months going so far. I'm sure it's been longer for others 

1 hour ago, Ninja0215 said:

I want to say pressing was 85 days when I sent my books out. Obviously that's changed but I wanted to know if I still fell in that time frame. 

It would be somewhere in between, depending on when your books enter the pressing room. For instance, for books just received by CCS, the turnaround time is likely close to 142 days. For books that were charged recently, I would say the turnaround time is closer to 105/110 days. My books are currently sitting at 97 business days.

9 minutes ago, skybolt said:

It would be somewhere in between, depending on when your books enter the pressing room. For instance, for books just received by CCS, the turnaround time is likely close to 142 days. For books that were charged recently, I would say the turnaround time is closer to 105/110 days. My books are currently sitting at 97 business days.

Not charged yet , which kind of has me a little annoyed but it's what it is.. I sent a message to the administrator if she knew anything about anything so waiting for a response. 

Hypothetical question...
If you submit your books to a company for a service, which they do at their leisure with a loose TAT... and then they issue a statement saying that they refuse to cancel orders and return people's possessions until said service is rendered (again, whenever they get around to it)... how long until it could legally be construed as theft? 

Edited by kprime