• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, SeanYork said:

1 comic  Standard Press and Grade

Delivered 4/6

Received 5/3

CCS charged my card today --- at the new price!!!!   I called but haven't heard back from then yet.

Hmmm. Maybe the legacy pricing is only eligible for CGC grading fees and not CCS pressing. I just re-read the article from April 21st that announced the new fees and legacy pricing exceltion and it doesn't clearly state if CCS pricing is grandfathered as well.

I hope they give you clarification for your sake and for the rest of us who are sending in a last minute box.

Good luck!

5 hours ago, PickleRick1216 said:
7 hours ago, SeanYork said:

1 comic  Standard Press and Grade

Delivered 4/6

Received 5/3

CCS charged my card today --- at the new price!!!!   I called but haven't heard back from then yet.

Expand  

Hmmm. Maybe the legacy pricing is only eligible for CGC grading fees and not CCS pressing. I just re-read the article from April 21st that announced the new fees and legacy pricing exceltion and it doesn't clearly state if CCS pricing is grandfathered as well.

I hope they give you clarification for your sake and for the rest of us who are sending in a last minute box.

Good luck!

Given you had a print out of the invoice and sent that in with it, that's what they should charge you regardless. You wouldn't be able to print out the old charge prices now, unless you were grandfathered in till the end of your membership, but really if you're able to print it out and got it there before May 28th at the latest there should be no upcharge

12 hours ago, wombat said:

5 Magazines economy - grading only

Delivered 4/8

Received 5/12

Delivered 4/8

Received 5/12

Scheduled for grading 5/12

Is there usually a gap between received and scheduled for grading?

1 hour ago, wombat said:

Delivered 4/8

Received 5/12

It's all over the place. Have a 3/25 modern marked rcvd. Have a 4/20 modern marked SFG as soon as it was opened. Who knows what darkness lurks in the minds of these madmen.

9 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

It's all over the place. Have a 3/25 modern marked rcvd. Have a 4/20 modern marked SFG as soon as it was opened. Who knows what darkness lurks in the minds of these madmen.

Thanks. I do wonder if it being magazines vs. comics come into play on timing. 

18 minutes ago, wombat said:

Thanks. I do wonder if it being magazines vs. comics come into play on timing. 

I have modern and economy magazines still marked received since 3/17/2021, with no press.

2 hours ago, wombat said:

Delivered 4/8

Received 5/12

From what I've gleaned from this thread, seems like from April on packages now go to SFG the same day they are opened/received.

I do think that something has to change with the grading and pressing TAT's within the next 2 months. If they continue to go up, even after CGC raised their prices and hired additional staff, then they have to scale down on the signature series line to catch up. Also, by catching up I don't mean the TAT's doubling over the next 2 weeks and then going back to what they are now. Ultimately, they need to get down to 25-30 business days for MST grading and 60-65 for pressing. Also, receiving the books needs to go down to 5-7 business days again.

Edited by skybolt

75 Book Modern Fast Track (Pre Screen)

- Delivered: 5/10/2021

- Received: 5/13/2021

25 Book Modern Slow (Pre Screen)

- Delivered: 5/7/2021

- Received: 5/13/2021

Edited by awakeintheashes

5 minutes ago, Nazirite said:

Another jump smhACEB9D61-F2E1-46CA-A107-45AF5F78C9A0.thumb.jpeg.b8871cb7d21e5b2b8aad00f507429f1e.jpeg

Wow. 71 working days for Standard Fast Track? Do these numbers include books already in the pipeline? That's a crossing-the-Grand-Canyon kind of jump.

8 minutes ago, Nazirite said:

Another jump smhACEB9D61-F2E1-46CA-A107-45AF5F78C9A0.thumb.jpeg.b8871cb7d21e5b2b8aad00f507429f1e.jpeg

At least modern pressing went down to 114 days again. I'm hoping this is not a typo and the actual TAT is 214 days.

6 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Wow. 71 working days for Standard Fast Track? Do these numbers include books already in the pipeline? That's a crossing-the-Grand-Canyon kind of jump.

My gut tells me they're bracing customers for a 2 month wait before books are officially received. The books already in the pipeline will likely get graded sooner.

I can just see CGC's tag line a few months from now. "We promised to bring down our TAT's with the price adjustment and additional staff, and we've managed to accomplish that. The current TAT's for MST grading are only 65 business days compared to 110 in late May. Our new system is working. Therefore, we've decided to expand our in-house signings to 18 per week."

Edited by skybolt

11 minutes ago, skybolt said:

At least modern pressing went down to 114 days again. I'm hoping this is not a typo and the actual TAT is 214 days.

Maybe it was supposed to be 411.  (shrug)