• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,951 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Wow. 71 working days for Standard Fast Track? Do these numbers include books already in the pipeline? That's a crossing-the-Grand-Canyon kind of jump.

It's taking 5-6 weeks to open a box after receiving it. Then it's taking about 82 business days (or 58 business days "fast track") for modern comics and about 117 business days (or 71 business days "fast track") for economy service, which are the two services I use. So that's about 5-6 weeks + 12-24 weeks = a total of about 17-32 weeks (or about 4-7 months) from the time of arrival to the time of grading completion and return shipping.

I'm going to have to be even more selective about which comics I submit. I upgraded my membership from Associate to Premium in early April, having in mind that I would submit a lot more comics for grading over the next year, but these extended wait times and accompanying fee increases are going to discourage me from submitting as much. Plus, the recent lapses in quality control are concerning too. Ah, well...I will sell more comics ungraded than I originally intended.

I have one submission that was received during the week of April 12th but is still waiting to be officially "Received." I now wish I had not paid for "fast track" because the order likely will not reach me until mid-August, after I return from vacation, whereas the posted delays/turnaround times from just a little over a month ago suggested I would receive the order before I left for vacation in mid-July, which was part of the point of paying for "fast track"...

7 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I'll just leave it and forget it.

That's always been my approach with submissions, but with these crazy TATs I'm queuing up stuff to go out every month, so I'm not waiting on everything at once.

1 hour ago, skybolt said:

I can just see CGC's tag line a few months from now. "We promised to bring down our TAT's with the price adjustment and additional staff, and we've managed to accomplish that. The current TAT's for MST grading are only 65 business days compared to 110 in late May. Our new system is working. Therefore, we've decided to expand our in-house signings to 18 per week."

Many a true word spoken in jest. I seem to get a new signing event email every other day lately...

Capture.thumb.PNG.6af7feb0981d1ede331656b2f26a47f1.PNG

10 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Many a true word spoken in jest. I seem to get a new signing event email every other day lately...

Capture.thumb.PNG.00dc28e461fb42e704c78e6e707525b7.PNG

Those emails make me the happiest of all. I get a preview "email from CGC" at first I would check to see if my WT that has been there since 4-16 that is still not received has hit (its still has not btw), only to be disappointed it is another in house signing email. Now I don't even bothering opening the email app. 

Just now, PKJ said:

Those emails make me the happiest of all. I get a preview "email from CGC" at first I would check to see if my WT that has been there since 4-16 that is still not received has hit (its still has not btw), only to be disappointed it is another in house signing email. Now I don't even bothering opening the email app. 

Definitely don't open the one dated 02/05/21...

(They'll do anything for a buck)

this is so confusing

Yes not that long ago, but modern slow received 3/26, value fast track received 4/5

that said

I threw away my shipping tracking receipt for my moderns but they took 3 weeks to open and be marked received

Value Fast Track was received day after delivery.....

so, what is the estimated TAT, since my moderns were delivered and received before this new "delivery tracking" took 3 weeks marked received when estimated TAt was like 29 days, now82, was I locked in to 29 before?

Value fast track is no more, assume it's now absorbed into economy and possibly fast track. Received right away but still before the "delivery tracking" was at 31 days....now 71, locked in the before?

ANswer who in there right mind would understand? who would try to call to get a straight answer from CGC customer rep, because the whole dang thing I barely know haha

it'll be a while (thumbsu wall of text! :signfunny:rantrantif you read it thank you for your empathy! I sympathize as well :) 

Lol @I like pie it's just that way sometimes but I'm too tire and need to cheer up, my bad to spread the misery 😂

Ive waited 4 and 5 months on the Eastman signing ha you'd think I was used to it. :sorry:

I'm still trying to work the 3 week from delivery to received bump in estimated tat, bu cest le vie 

Itll happen, just may not see it coming. :tonofbricks:

I feel like quoting to notify people to see if any received in mid March are getting updates, it's those I keep hoping get posted :download:

dywtn.gif

3 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

I really didn't think it would be this long for subs when I mailed my books out. Sorry guys. , hopefully everyone is doing okay here. I got fed up and took a hiatus. 

That's really best for a fresh perspective.  Or find another area of the hobby to buy or sell and leave subs be, it's just everything, be it the market the mail just..... breathe lol

1 minute ago, Ninja0215 said:

I sent the moderator a message and she she replied promptly.  It will be about end of June til my books come out of pressing which is really what I wanted to know. 

I didn't post right away cause I didnt pay for pressing except for signed books

But in that 3 week delivery to received window I had three non press subs that hadn't been charged yet. With the economy and etc, I knew when they did they'd be charged all at once, and not be on seperate cc statements 

So not to get too personal but I feel you on timing the charge

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's really best for a fresh perspective.  Or find another area of the hobby to buy or sell and leave subs be, it's just everything, be it the market the mail just..... breathe lol

I'm trying buddy lol I I was cursing them out on Facebook the Pthay now I kinda take it back lol. I like cgc , I like what they stand for but let's go people lmao