• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,951 posts in this topic

Just now, Ninja0215 said:

Thats insane!!:whatthe:

well I exagerrated lol but it might have been 4-5 months ha, but that is about right for the way its been before, that and because I'm cheap sometimes lol 

Hopefully you get what you pay for rings true, but with some of the express and standard being reported, even it is a bunch of :wishluck: sorry to bring it up again :foryou: 

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

well I exagerrated lol but it might have been 4-5 months ha, but that is about right for the way its been before, that and because I'm cheap sometimes lol 

Hopefully you get what you pay for rings true, but with some of the express and standard being reported, even it is a bunch of :wishluck: sorry to bring it up again :foryou: 

All good! This is my first regular sub to the house so I'm Kind of learing the ropes a little. When things calm down I'll be back, 

I submitted 3 economy and 3 value tiered books that were delivered on 2-16-2021.  They were logged into the system as "Received" on 3-9-2021.  Recently I have seen a few posts regarding same class submissions (economy/value non-fast track) that were logged in after 3-9 but already scheduled for grading.  I called the customer service line and did not get a satisfactory answer.  The first rep said they would be graded in mid-September.  I responded by stating that is not acceptable.  We apparently then got disconnected.  I called back again and the second rep said they would be graded in mid-July. I requested to have my submission cancelled and returned.  I know it states you cannot cancel an order but I figured I would ask anyway.  As expected the request was denied.

Yesterday I sent a contact us message stating that I agreed to an "estimated" 33 day turn around and now I'm being told it's 270 plus days.  I stated that even though their disclaimer states estimated, the actual time frame of 270 days would not be considered "reasonable" in any legal form so their disclaimer would probably not hold any weight.

Now that I have prefaced my situation here is my question.  The very next day (today) after I sent the contact us message I received this email..."These comics were moved from the ECONOMY tier to the EXPRESS tier. Your account was adjusted by $147.60."  The subsequent books ARE NOW scheduled for grading. 

My questions for those more experienced are as follows:

1.  Is this a result of my calls and contact us complaints?

I would assume yes but then I have to ask myself would they have sat in limbo indefinitely if I didn't press the issue?  I understand they gave Heritage all man hours to grade the Promise Collection and the timing of that was horrible since thousands are trying to slab and flip books before the market levels or falls.  But that shouldn't result in a disrespect of the rest of us.  The lack of transparency is disturbing to me. If they did not have enough foresight to see what was going to happen then I would seriously question their judgement.  But it's more likely they are just following the biggest and quickest profit (nothing wrong with that, simply say so).

2.  So they use what they consider current market values and bump the tier rather than what the market value was when they were delivered?  I'm now going to be billed an additional $147.60?.

In this insane market a value can change dramatically in the 3 month time frame here.  Although I'm happy that complaining 3 times evidently prompted them to process my submissions my overall experience was horrible.  These were my first submissions and probably the last, at least for a while.

Edited by mcribar

18 minutes ago, mcribar said:

I submitted 3 economy and 3 value tiered books that were delivered on 2-16-2021.  They were logged into the system as "Received" on 3-9-2021.  Recently I have seen a few posts r

Just in case you are curious the books I submitted were as follows (with my raw grade):

Value:  Whiz Comics #54  8.5, Captain Marvel Adventures #75 8.0 & America's Best Comics NN 9.2 

Economy:  Avengers #4 4.0, Iron Man #1 5.0 and Amazing Spiderman #300 9.4

Since I'm an old school collector I simply used the values in Overstreet 2020 guide.  I know now that things move way to fast these days to use that guide for any purpose other than book reference and research.  In the future I will refer to recent sale prices available online. 

Edited by mcribar

My two orders were checked in 4/20. I've now received my Standard order (one down, yay!).

I'm quite curious though about the Fast Track Economy order still at SFG. When I sent the order out, turnaround time for FTE was listed as 23 days. It's now been 40 working days (counting the time it took to check them in as they now apparently do); the estimate on the day they checked them in was something like 33 days but right now is *71 days*. I'm wondering which of these figures will end up being closer... like Sharon, hoping not to be home every waking minute come summer so delivery could potentially get a bit trickier.

So, I want to follow along these ones in this thread. I will update over the year(s). Final results.

Modern Magazine (17)  for CCS and CGC

Received 10/23/20

Billed by CCS 2/11/20

Received by CGC 5/11/21

Scheduled for Grading 5/11/21

Grading/QC 5/12/21

CC billed 5/17/21  

Shipped 5/20/21

5 hours ago, mcribar said:

I submitted 3 economy and 3 value tiered books that were delivered on 2-16-2021.  They were logged into the system as "Received" on 3-9-2021.  Recently I have seen a few posts regarding same class submissions (economy/value non-fast track) that were logged in after 3-9 but already scheduled for grading.  I called the customer service line and did not get a satisfactory answer.  The first rep said they would be graded in mid-September.  I responded by stating that is not acceptable.  We apparently then got disconnected.  I called back again and the second rep said they would be graded in mid-July. I requested to have my submission cancelled and returned.  I know it states you cannot cancel an order but I figured I would ask anyway.  As expected the request was denied.

Yesterday I sent a contact us message stating that I agreed to an "estimated" 33 day turn around and now I'm being told it's 270 plus days.  I stated that even though their disclaimer states estimated, the actual time frame of 270 days would not be considered "reasonable" in any legal form so their disclaimer would probably not hold any weight.

Now that I have prefaced my situation here is my question.  The very next day (today) after I sent the contact us message I received this email..."These comics were moved from the ECONOMY tier to the EXPRESS tier. Your account was adjusted by $147.60."  The subsequent books ARE NOW scheduled for grading. 

My questions for those more experienced are as follows:

1.  Is this a result of my calls and contact us complaints?

I would assume yes but then I have to ask myself would they have sat in limbo indefinitely if I didn't press the issue?  I understand they gave Heritage all man hours to grade the Promise Collection and the timing of that was horrible since thousands are trying to slab and flip books before the market levels or falls.  But that shouldn't result in a disrespect of the rest of us.  The lack of transparency is disturbing to me. If they did not have enough foresight to see what was going to happen then I would seriously question their judgement.  But it's more likely they are just following the biggest and quickest profit (nothing wrong with that, simply say so).

2.  So they use what they consider current market values and bump the tier rather than what the market value was when they were delivered?  I'm now going to be billed an additional $147.60?.

In this insane market a value can change dramatically in the 3 month time frame here.  Although I'm happy that complaining 3 times evidently prompted them to process my submissions my overall experience was horrible.  These were my first submissions and probably the last, at least for a while.

I'm curious, Did you specifically request for the upgrades from economy to express or just state that you weren't happy and they took it upon themselves to upgrade?

34 minutes ago, SeanYork said:

I'm curious, Did you specifically request for the upgrades from economy to express or just state that you weren't happy and they took it upon themselves to upgrade?

From his story, it sounds like the latter. But to be fair it also sounds like the books probably should have been declared for a higher tier in the first place. I'm not sure we can parse between 'they took it upon themselves to upgrade because he wasn't happy' and 'his complaints got them to focus on his books and they realized most of them should have been on the Express track anyway'. 

On 5/18/2021 at 11:01 AM, Funnybooks said:

:facepalm:

CGC Announces a Dual Private Signing with Comic Pros, Andrew Kubert and Brian Azzarello!

CGC Welcomes Sara Frazetta for an Exclusive In-House Private Signing Event

CGC Welcomes Back Jim Starlin, Acclaimed Comic Book Artist and Writer, for His First Solo In-House Private Signing

CGC Welcomes Marc Silvestri, Iconic Comic Book Artist, for an In-House Private Signing

CGC Hosts Ultimate Spider-Man Artist Mark Bagley for a Second In-House Private Signing

CGC Welcomes Back Award-Winning Comic Book Writer and Editor Roy Thomas for an In-House Private Signing

This shouldn't impact TATup

First CGC In-House Private Signing with Nick Spencer, Acclaimed Comic Book Writer

update...this should help...TAT