• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,951 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

CGC should do the same for turnaround times that they did for receiving packages.

Give me the week of books you are currently shipping back out.

It would be great, and would do a lot to restore confidence... but I'm guessing things are probably out of control enough (huge backlog of books, avalanche of packages coming in, pressure to fit in all these signings) that it's probably not feasible at this point.

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

CGC should do the same for turnaround times that they did for receiving packages.

Give me the week of books you are currently shipping back out.

The TATs are pointless if you are moving them daily (or almost daily). 

Modern Tier- shipping week of 2/9

MFT Tier - shipping week of 3/9

Walkthough Tier- shipping week off 5/10

@greggy Tier - suck it :D

I definitely agree with all of this! 

Greggy.. :roflmao:

What is frustrating is that if they are currently opening books from the week of 4/12, which is 5 weeks out already.  They haven't even hit the largest influx of submissions from when they made their price increase announcement on 4/21.  It's sounds like it's going to get worse, before it gets any better.

18 minutes ago, Appleseed1967 said:

What is frustrating is that if they are currently opening books from the week of 4/12, which is 5 weeks out already.  They haven't even hit the largest influx of submissions from when they made their price increase announcement on 4/21.  It's sounds like it's going to get worse, before it gets any better.

Yep - we are due to have an extreme slow down in a bit unless they have ramped up hiring that is still in training.

51 minutes ago, Appleseed1967 said:

Its going to get horrific. How can it not? 

MAGAZINE MODERN (+CCS)
Estimate at submission:  "74 working days"
Delivered:  1/15/21
Received: 1/26/21 (Interval to = 6 business days)

VALUE (+CCS)
Estimate at submission:  "89 working days"

These books have now been at CCS for 80 days.  They have not even made it back to CGC's second "received" yet!  Anyone want to start taking bets on whether I get them back before Halloween?  

For the sake of transparency, CCS/CGC should get rid of the "working  days" thing (which doesn't count Con days) and just give estimated TATs in months for these tiers.

Edited by sfcityduck

For me, the one's that hurt are the Standard and Fast Track Economy books that made it through CCS, got received (second time) by CGC, and have been languishing on "Scheduled for Grading" for weeks.  I'm used to getting books out of "Schedule for Grading" a few days later.  

As for unpacking my books, I've got 5 books that were delivered to CGC in late April that are not yet even showing "received."   They include a couple of really high grade GA books, and my GS X-Men 1 I've owned for over 40 years and finally decided to encapsulate, so I'm anxious to see them get in the process.  

7 hours ago, SeanYork said:

I'm curious, Did you specifically request for the upgrades from economy to express or just state that you weren't happy and they took it upon themselves to upgrade?

They took it upon themselves to upgrade.  But from I've read here that's not uncommon.  I don't mind that.  What I do mind is that if I didn't complain via phone and contact us regarding how long it's taking to grade my books I'm 100% positive they would still be sitting there in received status.  3 of the 6 still are since they didn't raise the tier on those, but it's clear they actually looked a my submissions after I complained.  The contact us message is what did it.  I first received a scripted generic response but that was followed by another reply from a person who went into more detail regarding the delay.  In any event, the end result was they finally looked at my books and moved half of them to "scheduled for grading."

Edited by mcribar

Just now, mcribar said:

They took it upon themselves to upgrade.  But from I've read here that's not uncommon.  I don't mind that.  What I do mind is that if I didn't complain via phone and contact us regarding how long it's taking to grade my books I'm 100% positive they would still be sitting there in received status.  3 of the 6 still are since they didn't raise the tier on those, but it's clear they actually looked a my submissions after I complained.  The contact us message is what did it.  I first received a scripted generic response but that was followed by another reply from a person who went into more detail regarding the delay.  In any event, the end result was they finally looked at my books and moved half of them to "scheduled for grading."

But I suspect that this "signal" is just that.  They just changed the status on half of the books.  I seriously doubt this is going to affect how long it takes them to grade and ship them back to me.

1 hour ago, sfcityduck said:

MAGAZINE MODERN (+CCS)
Estimate at submission:  "74 working days"

VALUE (+CCS)
Estimate at submission:  "89 working days"

These books have now been at CCS for 80 days.  They have not even made it back to CGC's second "received" yet!  Anyone want to start taking bets on whether I get them back before Halloween?  

For the sake of transparency, CCS/CGC should get rid of the "working  days" thing (which doesn't count Con days) and just give estimated TATs in months for these tiers.

For what it's worth I have some modern mags that got rec'd on 2/1. I'll let you know when i get an update.

This is somewhat interesting.
image.png.2db8ad27d0696519b1f9e4c08ff1f278.png

To be fair, the first shipment was being pressed first so I don't know if that would make a difference in receiving the shipment. 
Also, on a whim I decided to mark Shipment 2 with "Modern FT" on the exterior of the box. Did it make a difference? No idea.