• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I got a reply / letter from Steve Ditko!

138 posts in this topic

I like that he wrote you a letter essentially saying he could not write you a letter.

Not that he wouldn't write a letter. He wouldn't sign anything or do interviews.

I did laugh when he created his own signature block, like the signature wasn't clear enough.

Steve Ditko

Steve Ditko

Yeah. He's old school, man. lol

Expecting ROFLMAO or something? :facepalm:

I don't honor requests for signatures.

Yours truly,

[font:Comic Sans MS]DiceX[/font]

DiceX

:roflmao:

[font:Century Gothic]ROFLMAO[/font]

my understanding is that he doesnt even get the mail. it is collected by the person that answers it. it may be a family member. i dont know. i just know i have seen at least fifty of those letters. i also know that the consensus among autograph collectors on three different websites that i go to is they are faked.

Annette Funicello answers all of her fans mail that she gets and she is basically a vegetable. her husband reads the letters to her and then responds and signs her name to the response.

but to answer your question why would an " 80 year old semi employed ditko " not make the easy money he could make by just signing his name on a comic book?

there have been letters like this posted on fanmail.biz for years.

almost anyone that writes him will get a response. its not ditko. he has someone that answers his mail. its an authentic signature it just wasnt signed by ditko.

there are a bunch addresses on that site that will get you a response. many are legit. many are not. i got a really nice eastwood 8 x 10 signed by clint eastwoods secretary.

ahem....,

If it is Ditko, he writes like a girl.

Anyway it is an awesome letter. I am very jealous.

You're jealous of a grumpy letter?

I like that he wrote you a letter essentially saying he could not write you a letter.

+1

I was just thinking that. Actually, very cool he did that. OP's letter must have been intriguing enough to respond to.

This is the secret to life. Do as little as possible 95% of the time, so that any little effortless gesture has a tremendous impact.

Not that he wouldn't write a letter. He wouldn't sign anything or do interviews.

I did laugh when he created his own signature block, like the signature wasn't clear enough.

Steve Ditko

Steve Ditko

Yeah. He's old school, man. lol

Expecting ROFLMAO or something? :facepalm:

I don't honor requests for signatures.

Yours truly,

[font:Comic Sans MS]DiceX[/font]

DiceX

:applause:

+1

I was just thinking that. Actually, very cool he did that. OP's letter must have been intriguing enough to respond to.

This is the secret to life. Do as little as possible 95% of the time, so that any little effortless gesture has a tremendous impact.

I wonder how long I would last in my IT job if I did that. hm

Promoted to management! :headbang:

almost anyone that writes him will get a response. its not ditko. he has someone that answers his mail. its an authentic signature it just wasnt signed by ditko.

there are a bunch addresses on that site that will get you a response. many are legit. many are not. i got a really nice eastwood 8 x 10 signed by clint eastwoods secretary.

And how do you know Ditko doesn't write his own letters?

Edited by This is water

And how do you know this?

He gave an answer earlier in the thread.