• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I got a reply / letter from Steve Ditko!

138 posts in this topic

would you even know what steve ditko even looks like today let alone that his sig isnt real on the bascily grumpy letters he writes?

Photo Journalist Jean-Gerard Jakobs, from the New Hampshire Tribune, got fired in 2008, when he illegally entered Rita Malone's home (Steve Ditko's Grand-daughter)..during the now infamous Citlali Vega wedding; he snapped a series of images such as this one:

LONDON195.jpg

Mrs Malone's threat to Sue the newspaper, brought about the December 2008 apology to her family, but the photo mishaps could not be undone. Here is Ditko talking to Citlali's sister during the post-wedding party....

Ditko likes his beer...

He certainly does, as the story goes, or as far as how Marcela Giacotti' (The wedding planner) tells it. Ditko became quite aggravated when Jean-Gerard started taking those pictures, but Steve kept drinking anyways. When Jeanine Williams, Citlali's best friend, was going around the tables greeting people, she made it to Ditko's corner and and kindly asked him to sign the guest book..then he jumped up and said..."Mmmmm, this beer is delicious!!! I love this beer!...also, NO Autographs nimwitts!!!"

then he just walked out (or so I was told), but apparently, not before grabbing two beers from the freezer...

He looks like a regular human being, if not a little more so. I pictured him as the biggest geek at the convention plus 50 years, mixed with the guy on the street corner holding out his cup for change.

Anyway, I got a letter from Frank Brunner. You're trumped.

Ditko likes his beer...

He certainly does, as the story goes, or as far as how Marcela Giacotti' (The wedding planner) tells it. Ditko became quite aggravated when Jean-Gerard started taking those pictures, but Steve kept drinking anyways. When Jeanine Williams, Citlali's best friend, was going around the tables greeting people, she made it to Ditko's corner and and kindly asked him to sign the guest book..then he jumped up and said..."Mmmmm, this beer is delicious!!! I love this beer!...also, NO Autographs nimwitts!!!"

then he just walked out (or so I was told), but apparently, not before grabbing two beers from the freezer...

Are these spur of the moment, or do you have a long list waiting to be unleashed?

What I don't get about these letters being written and signed by Ditko's assistant -- if that's what people are arguing -- is why handwrite the letters? Wouldn't it make more sense and be easier to have a form letter printed up that Ditko could sign (or have an assistant sign for him)? (shrug)

People from Steve Ditko`s generation actually took the time to handwrite letters. I have seen countless letters written between my grandfather and grandmother. They really put in effort in them to communicate their feelings and thoughts. When you wrote a letter it was like an art,so much different then the countless texts we get everyday that usually go like this

'How r u doing?"

'Fine'

"bye"

In one way we have regressed communicating with one another.

Yep we are faster communicating,but most texts are like what Seinfeld says are about nothing. ;)

I can see why Ditko would hand write the letters, but people are claiming (I think!) that his assistants are writing the letters. In that case, it would seem to make more sense to have a form letter printed up for Ditko (or his assistant) to sign. Having the assistants write out the letters seems both time consuming and misleading because the recipient is going to believe he has a letter written by Ditko himself.

I agree, and it definitely looks like he drinks his own beers too :shy:

So here's my plan.

1. find out the bank that Ditko banks at.

2. Take a job at the bank

3. stalk his account and wait for him to submit a check, or have a check returned that he wrote.

4. take the checks, quit the job, become a legend.

Check and mate.

Edited by Miraclemet

So here's my plan.

1. find out the bank that Ditko banks at.

2. Take a job at the bank

3. stalk his account and wait for him to submit a check, or have a check returned that he wrote.

4. take the checks, quit the job, become a legend.

Check and mate.

Pfffft!!!

Been there, done that!..My brother James, took this route in 2006, and painstakingly went through the process...then he realized that Mary-Karen Dwight, the secretary of Richard Ditko (his son), also serves as his assistant around the house, and is the one who runs all the bank errands. He kept it together, until almost 8 months later (my brother even got promoted to assistant manager of the bank during this time), Ditko finally walks in...my brother immediately relieves Fernand D'Maccio from Teller 4 and takes his place. After the few transactions go through, my broski asks him to sign the bank receipt, but then he realizes that Ditko signed with an illegible signature and asks him to write "Steve Ditko" next to the signature...and he agrees with a "sure." but just as he is writing it, right at "Ste"..he stops, looks up over his glasses, looks at my brother in the eyes..and he gently utters ~ "oh..fȫk no," he crumbles the paper and throws it at my brother's face..then starts yelling with all his might to Mary-Karen... "I told you some dumbfṻq would ask me for my autograph!!!"

The general manager scorted them out, and my brother quit the next day..with just a "Ste" to show for 8 months of work.... :(

You don't have nards now. I hope it was worth it.

I had coffee with Steve this morning. I shared the Brunner thread with him. We laughed our nards off. The end.

Dude, you changed your screen name?

would you even know what steve ditko even looks like today let alone that his sig isnt real on the bascily grumpy letters he writes?

Photo Journalist Jean-Gerard Jakobs, from the New Hampshire Tribune, got fired in 2008, when he illegally entered Rita Malone's home (Steve Ditko's Grand-daughter)..during the now infamous Citlali Vega wedding; he snapped a series of images such as this one:

LONDON195.jpg

Mrs Malone's threat to Sue the newspaper, brought about the December 2008 apology to her family, but the photo mishaps could not be undone. Here is Ditko talking to Citlali's sister during the post-wedding party....

is he drinking a Beck's ?