• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I got a reply / letter from Steve Ditko!

138 posts in this topic

I like that he wrote you a letter essentially saying he could not write you a letter.

+1

I was just thinking that. Actually, very cool he did that. OP's letter must have been intriguing enough to respond to.

He lives so close to me! Not going to stock him, relax. Just didn't realize he was in the city. Figured he was on a tropical island somewhere.

Keep your stock to yourself. :eek:

I like that he wrote you a letter essentially saying he could not write you a letter.

Not that he wouldn't write a letter. He wouldn't sign anything or do interviews.

I did laugh when he created his own signature block, like the signature wasn't clear enough.

Steve Ditko

Steve Ditko

What I was hinting at is that by responding to the letter he has engaged in a class of conduct which is very similar to that which he is saying he would not do.

Not that he wouldn't write a letter. He wouldn't sign anything or do interviews.

I did laugh when he created his own signature block, like the signature wasn't clear enough.

Steve Ditko

Steve Ditko

What I was hinting at is that by responding to the letter he has engaged in a class of conduct which is very similar to that which he is saying he would not do.

I believe he's done this before, ........responding but not signing any books

It was just very open and i said i was a great fan of his work on Spider Man and that i had met Stan and gone to the same drama school as Andrew Garfield. I asked if it was possible to sign a comic or a photo and that i respected his wishes to privacy and that i thought he was awesome, and i wished him well.

I didn't expect a reply, was so shocked when i saw the NY postage mark.

there have been letters like this posted on fanmail.biz for years.

almost anyone that writes him will get a response. its not ditko. he has someone that answers his mail. its an authentic signature it just wasnt signed by ditko.

there are a bunch addresses on that site that will get you a response. many are legit. many are not. i got a really nice eastwood 8 x 10 signed by clint eastwoods secretary.

there have been letters like this posted on fanmail.biz for years.

almost anyone that writes him will get a response. its not ditko. he has someone that answers his mail. its an authentic signature it just wasnt signed by ditko.

there are a bunch addresses on that site that will get you a response. many are legit. many are not. i got a really nice eastwood 8 x 10 signed by clint eastwoods secretary.

Im just curious,how does one find out for sure its the secretary ?

I know its done,but isnt the purpose of a signature is that the real person signs it ?

Maybe im naive in my old age. :grin:

when collecting sigs your right you want the real person to sign it. that is why the cgc ss program does so well.

many actors have secretary's sign pictures and mail them out for them. most people that get the sec sigs are perfectly happy with them.

there are other actors that will sign a stack of pictures and then the secretary will personalize them and ship them out. i have gotten pictures with "to wes " written on the picture by a different hand in a completely different color ink.

im not trying to thread i simply dont want the op to be misled. i have been on the fanmail.biz site for a long time. its signature collecting that brought me to this site. there have been many letters posted on that site from ditko over the years. they all say basically the same thing. ditko has someone reply to his mail for him.

when collecting sigs your right you want the real person to sign it. that is why the cgc ss program does so well.

many actors have secretary's sign pictures and mail them out for them. most people that get the sec sigs are perfectly happy with them.

there are other actors that will sign a stack of pictures and then the secretary will personalize them and ship them out. i have gotten pictures with "to wes " written on the picture by a different hand in a completely different color ink.

im not trying to thread i simply dont want the op to be misled. i have been on the fanmail.biz site for a long time. its signature collecting that brought me to this site. there have been many letters posted on that site from ditko over the years. they all say basically the same thing. ditko has someone reply to his mail for him.

Very cool.Thanks for your reply. (thumbs u