• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

Haha, yeah.

But for 1G, I don't know if I could spend it on a MJ variant.

Don't get me wrong, I love the book, but something like a WBN #32 9.4 would be my buy.

I'm also not a Spidey Completest (thank the Lord), so I definitely understand that side of the story.

I'm not hating. At all. It's a great book.

Around 4 figures for a 9.8.

I would like to have one, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

That's a #300 9.8 to me.

@Viking, There has only been one blue label for sale in over a year and it was for $2k actually. It ended up selling off eBay for just slightly under that. The last CGC sale was just a 9.4 for $700. (thumbs u

@Kuddy, that's a nice azz 667 dell'otto you have there my man. Glad to see another boardie with one of these and in a 9.8 to boot. Also a tough book in that grade, the dark blue back cover shows every little tick and cranny.

-J.

Thanks! It's definitely one of the nicer books I have in my collection.

I myself am interested in getting ASM 546 Book variant and ASM 678 Venom MJ Variant. ASM 546 is brutally hard to get but I still want it, nonetheless.

K.

Thanks! It's definitely one of the nicer books I have in my collection.

I myself am interested in getting ASM 546 Book variant and ASM 678 Venom MJ Variant. ASM 546 is brutally hard to get but I still want it, nonetheless.

K.

I looked at the ASM 546 book market too but decided against picking that one up as it is essentially identical to the regular cover. Did u see the 9.8 that just sold for $300? There's also three high grade raw copies for sale on ebay right now. It doesn't seem to have near the same heat or degree of scarcity on the market as the 667 or 678, its current census numbers notwithstanding.

-J.

I missed the ASM 546 that sold recently on eBay. The raw copies that are still listed are not 9.8-ish. I think one is a 9.4-9.6 but I'm looking for a 9.8 :). I agree that aside from the census numbers, 546 doesn't seem to as sought after as 667 and 678.

BTW, how many ppl use the Registry to show off their collections?

K.

That is the conventional wisdom with the vast, vast majority of variants. This one has already defied the odds and has turned into a modern variant grail of sorts. Particularly for spidey collectors and completists. The combination of overall rarity, rarity in 9.8 (no recorded sales in two years), the character "mash up" subject matter, and only one (usually raw) copy coming up for sale every couple of months seems to pushing the book in an unconventional way.

Now 70 watchers on this particular copy, which doesn't surprise me because that looks like a solid 9.8 candidate to me as well, and I haven't seen many of those.

-J.

I messaged the guy since I'm looking for a 9.8 copy. He said that there is a crease that doesnt break color. Looks like a nice copy, 9.6-9.8? With a $1600 for a buy it now on a raw... I'm good.

Edited by jreezy

Jay-

Perhaps it may benefit from a press. Didn't ask for scans. I would rather by a slabbed 9.8. $1600 buy it now seems like a tough pill to swallow if the book came back a 9.6 or lower.

Curious to see what price this one will land