• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

Looks like this book is being shilled.

Seller relisted this copy 2 days after the auction end then ended that auction early as "there was an error with the listing".

I have spoken to GPA about this as I have seen it done repeatedly on common books like BA 12.

Evidently sellers sometimes inadvertently re-list books, or do have multiple copies of the same book and re-use the same listing (though that is not likely the case here). When they see this they contact the seller directly to verify the sale, one way or the other.

-J.

If there is no direct evidence of shilling (which there isn't here) and the seller verifies the transaction, GPA leaves the sale result.

-J.

My point wasnt about GPA or if they keep the entry. My point was, if the seller is lying on ebay, he is going to lie to GPA as well.

Also, relisting a book after its sold is evidence of shilling

Edited by CBT

If there is no direct evidence of shilling (which there isn't here) and the seller verifies the transaction, GPA leaves the sale result.

-J.

My point wasnt about GPA or if they keep the entry. My point was, if the seller is lying on ebay, he is going to lie to GPA as well.

Also, relisting a book after its sold is evidence of shilling

Not necessarily, according to GPA.

If that were the case, where would BA 12 be? lol

-J.

-J.

Who cares what GPA says/thinks. I am talking about what is or isnt true. Not what someone thinks.

-J.

Who cares what GPA says/thinks. I am talking about what is or isnt true. Not what someone thinks.

I think we are talking about what you think.

Anyway, have a nice day

-J.

Anyway, have a nice day

-J.

He either shilled the book or he didnt. What anyone thinks, no matter how much you respect their authority (GPA) is irrelevant. The truth is what it is, whether we can determine it or not.

GPA asking a shiller if he shilled, will add no new information, therefore them contacting the seller is moot. Whether they keep a data point or not, also has no effect on the reality of what occurred.

It either was a shill sale, or it wasnt. We likely will never know, but there is solid grounds (evidence, not proof) to suspect it.

Anyway, have a nice day

-J.

He either shilled the book or he didnt. What anyone thinks, no matter how much you respect their authority (GPA) is irrelevant. The truth is what it is, whether we can determine it or not.

GPA asking a shiller if he shilled, will add no new information, therefore them contacting the seller is moot. Whether they keep a data point or not, also has no effect on the reality of what occurred.

It either was a shill sale, or it wasnt. We likely will never know, but there is solid grounds (evidence, not proof) to suspect it.

Are you having a bad week?

Can I offer a hug to turn that frown upside down?

image.jpg

If someone wants to make a point about a seller shilling an auction or "selling" it and relisting it - I'd say screen cap it and post the proof - the auction links to me are just showing two sales, two months apart of the same book by two different sellers....

I'm lazy. (shrug)

Completed Sales

A completed BO sale on 11/1; then the same comic being listed and ended 2 days later.

The seller has 100% positive feedback for the past 12 months. I'm leaning toward the seller being lazy by using the same listing for two of the same books. But there's really no way to know for sure, bummer.

Jerome

Completed Sales

A completed BO sale on 11/1; then the same comic being listed and ended 2 days later.

The seller has 100% positive feedback for the past 12 months. I'm leaning toward the seller being lazy by using the same listing for two of the same books. But there's really no way to know for sure, bummer.

Jerome

As long as we are admitting we are just guessing at this point, my money is on the seller accidentally relisting a sold book. He/she took it down in less than 30 seconds; that seems pretty fast for someone to see it, message the seller, have the seller see the message, and take the listing down. It also speaks to the reason -- error in listing -- rather than it being sold (and using the "item no longer available" reason).