• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

I want but really over $1k :sick:

Do you know what I could buy for that?

60 copies of the Gwenpool variant?

I was thinking IH 181. Something you know that will increase and hold value.

You don't know that. (thumbs u

what happens when the market crashes? :sorry:

Or just slows down. It doesn't need to crash. 4 years of data is nothing unless you are saying it will hold value over the next year. Maybe that's part of the problem with these threads. Some look only at the next couple of years and others look more long term.

Or just slows down. It doesn't need to crash. 4 years of data is nothing unless you are saying it will hold value over the next year. Maybe that's part of the problem with these threads. Some look only at the next couple of years and others look more long term.

...and some just enjoy owning their books and see massive and sustained price gains as just a happy bonus. :acclaim:

And thank goodness plenty of folks love their ultra rare Spidey books.. :grin:

-J

To the last poster that removed their post about rareness....I think the key here is 9.8 for rareness, not 9.6 and under (IMO). There are tons of these out there but finding one in 9.8 is the challenge.

There's definitely not "tons" of them out there, not even half a ton

To the last poster that removed their post about rareness....I think the key here is 9.8 for rareness, not 9.6 and under (IMO). There are tons of these out there but finding one in 9.8 is the challenge.

There's definitely not "tons" of them out there, not even half a ton

lol Agreed. I'm still putting the print run/distribution at about 500, though with the run up in prices more copies hit the market which temporarily increased its availability. And while like most books in the CGC era, there is quite evidently a "9.8" premium for the book, 9.6's seem to have settled into a 1600-1700 range, and $1500 for a 9.2 is nothing to sneeze at either.

-J.

...and some just enjoy owning their books and see massive and sustained price gains as just a happy bonus. :acclaim:

-J

:facepalm:

-J

:facepalm:

:headbang:

-J.

Pimpin' is hard work. :eyeroll:

lol Don't hate the playa, hate the game. :cool:

Back on topic, this guy listed his SS 9.8 for about a day before he ended the listing. Perhaps an off eBay deal happened? hm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-678-MARY-JANE-VENOM-VARIANT-CGC-9-8-SIG-SERIES-DAN-SLOTT-/231685897538?hash=item35f18e3d42

-J.