• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

That price puts it on par with the wolverine 1 Campbell. Considering there are less than half as many of this book as that one in 9.8, and this was the first one sold publicly in years, this price, while by no means "cheap", seems like a pretty good deal, all things considered.

-J.

That price puts it on or with the wolverine 1 Campbell. Considering there are less than half as many of this book as that one in 9.8, and this was the first one sold publicly in years, this price, while by no means "cheap", seems like a pretty good deal, all things considered.

-J.

With only two bidders active above 2K - the winner with a "god knows how much" bid and the other with a $1000 dollar snipe with 9 seconds left. :eek:

That result doesn't convince me it's a 3K book...if there was interest above 2K where are everyone else's snipe bids in the 2-3K range.

....so according to gpa it's a 3K book but that auction result tells me there's now only one person out there willing to pay more than 2K because the other guy just bought one.

(shrug)

Edited by bababooey

That price puts it on or with the wolverine 1 Campbell. Considering there are less than half as many of this book as that one in 9.8, and this was the first one sold publicly in years, this price, while by no means "cheap", seems like a pretty good deal, all things considered.

-J.

With only two bidders active above 2K - the winner with a "god knows how much" bid and the other with a $1000 dollar snipe with 9 seconds left. :eek:

That result doesn't convince me it's a 3K book...if there was interest above 2K where are everyone else's snipe bids in the 2-3K range.

....so according to gpa it's a 3K book but that auction result tells me there's now only one person out there willing to pay more than 2K because the other guy just bought one.

(shrug)

Aren't many if not most auctions ultimately narrowed down to two dogs fighting over one bone? (shrug)

90 day average on a 9.6 is just under $1600 and there are nearly twice as many more of those than a 9.8. This book is tough in a 9.8 and they are almost never put up for sale in that grade.

A boardie sold his 9.8 privately for $3600 a few months back.

Whomever got this one for $3050 got a pretty good price IMO, all thing considered.

-J.

-J.

(shrug)

Aren't many if not most auctions ultimately narrowed down to two dogs fighting over one bone? (shrug)

90 day average on a 9.6 is just under $1600 and there are nearly twice as many more of those than a 9.8. This book is tough in a 9.8 and they are almost never put up for sale in that grade.

Whomever got this one for $3050 got a pretty good price IMO, all thing considered.

-J.

I'm looking at the auction result because that offers some insight into demand above a certain price point - it sat at $1650 with a few minutes left and a handful of people were active at that level and their bids were immediately beaten by the eventual winner's unknown number, then with nine seconds left one guy dropped a 1K snipe & pushed the winner's bid up a grand!!

I guess it's possible that some of the other active snipers under 2K would have been willing to go higher and didn't have time to reload (shrug)

Edited by bababooey

-J.

(shrug)

-J.

I'm looking at the auction result because that offers some insight into demand above a certain price point - it sat at $1650 with a few minutes left and a handful of people were active at that level and their bids were immediately beaten by the eventual winner's unknown number, then with nine seconds left one guy dropped a 1K snipe & pushed the winner's bid up a grand!!

I guess it's possible that some of the other active snipers under 2K would have been willing to go higher and didn't have time to reload (shrug)

That's impossible to say.

All I know is I saw the bids go something like $1750, $1900, $2051, $2550, $3051 in the last minute of the auction. And that's just what my phone picked up.

The demand for this book in high grade cannot be denied.

-J.

-J.

(shrug)

-J.

All I know is I saw the bids go something like $1750, $1900, $2051, $2550, $3051 in the last minute of the auction. And that's just what my phone picked up.

-J.

Fixed.

The snipe moved a full 1K according to the bid history, the gap is what makes me wonder about demand above 2K.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=111751851393&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

-J.

(shrug)

-J.

-J.

Fixed.

The snipe moved a full 1K according to the bid history, the gap is what makes me wonder about demand above 2K.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=111751851393&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

Three of the 21 bidders with the deepest pockets were willing to pay $3k+ for the book in a 9.8. There are only 25 of those to go around, even less if you don't want an SS copy. $3050 isn't even 2X the 90 day average of the far more plentiful 9.6 slabs. The book sold for what it sold for. The market has spoken.

I fail to see your point. (shrug)

-J.

-J.

(shrug)

-J.

-J.

Fixed.

Three of the 21 bidders with the deepest pockets were willing to pay $3k+ for the book in a 9.8. There are only 25 of those to go around, even less if you don't want an SS copy. $3050 isn't even 2X the 90 day average of the far more plentiful 9.6 slabs. The book sold for what it sold for. The market has spoken.

I fail to see your point. (shrug)

-J.

Three?

I see that the winning bidder has 20 feedback

The 1 K sniper has 866 feedback

What is the feedback number for the other bidder who was willing to pay $3K - I only see the guy with 1181 feedback dropping out at 2K (bidding $1992)

edit for attachment

157494.png.a24c1c39ef2f3b89316868aa07d7143b.png

Edited by bababooey

The last two bidders were the ones willing to pay the most.

Like any other auction.

I still fail to see your point.

Buyer got a good deal on a tough book. Kudos to him/her.

-J.

There was an auction posted in the thread earlier and people presumably watched it end, if people are free to talk about the hammer price, census population, GPA, blue vs. SS, :blahblah:

I was simply commenting on this auction result, sure GPA will show 3K - I just don't think it's a strong result to support that price if you look at the bid history...correctly.

All things considered lol

The last two bidders were the ones willing to pay the most.

Like any other auction.

I still fail to see your point.

Buyer got a good deal on a tough book. Kudos to him/her.

-J.

There was an auction posted in the thread earlier and people presumably watched it end, if people are free to talk about the hammer price, census population, GPA, blue vs. SS, :blahblah:

I was simply commenting on this auction result, sure GPA will show 3K - I just don't think it's a strong result to support that price if you look at the bid history...correctly.

All things considered lol

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

But the market has spoken- in this auction and numerous others, as well as confirmed private sales, etc. And it is what it is. (thumbs u

-J.

Holy cow. I left work thinking the book will end around the 2k mark and it still ended at 3K. Part of me was wishing demand for the book was waning amongst collectors so I can eventually add one to my collection.

I wonder what the demographic is on these buyers dropping 1k+ on these modern books? The market is crazy.

Also, interesting debate going on here...

Carry on lol

That price puts it on par with the wolverine 1 Campbell. Considering there are less than half as many of this book as that one in 9.8, and this was the first one sold publicly in years, this price, while by no means "cheap", seems like a pretty good deal, all things considered.

-J.

At this price point I still prefer the Wolverine #1 Campbell cover over this one. I'm a big Campbell fanboy though :acclaim:

-J.

(shrug)

-J.

Yep, it went for a bit less than I thought it would. I figured it'd go for at least 3.5K if not 4K. A pretty good deal for sure.

I think the exposure on this 9.8 was low because of all the 9.6s that are readily available; it got kinda buried? There's been a recent influx of this book over the past few months so a lot of interested buyers have their copy and to see this book still reach over 3K is a good sign, imo, that it's worth more once these other copies go away.

Batman 608 anyone? When was the last time we saw a non-GLOD 9.8 for sale? That book may skyrocket in price, well over the GPA of $1,750 because it's been so long since one was listed.

Jerome

-J.

(shrug)

-J.

Yep, it went for a bit less than I thought it would. I figured it'd go for at least 3.5K if not 4K. A pretty good deal for sure.

I think the exposure on this 9.8 was low because of all the 9.6s that are readily available; it got kinda buried? There's been a recent influx of this book over the past few months so a lot of interested buyers have their copy and to see this book still reach over 3K is a good sign, imo, that it's worth more once these other copies go away.

Batman 608 anyone? When was the last time we saw a non-GLOD 9.8 for sale? That book may skyrocket in price, well over the GPA of $1,750 because it's been so long since one was listed.

Jerome

I also agree that the 9.8 ASM 678 was lost a bit in the glut of 9.6's that are currently on ebay. The seller said his was the "highest graded" on ebay, but I don't think he was very keen on how rarely the 9.8's come up for sale.

The last 9.8 copy of the 608 RRP I saw for sale was on these boards probably more than a year ago now. I believe it sold for just under or right at $2k then. Haven't seen one since then. :sorry:

-J.

Off topic, but kinda related. Another Venom variant book that I see taking off is the Uncanny X-Force 20 Venom variant with Psylocke. I know this was a 1:50 variant and I think beat up raws have been ending close $110- $200.A 9.6 SS sold not long ago, asking was $399 but not sure how much it actually sold for. Some guy on feebay has been listing as buy it now and they are getting snatched up quickly.

Too lazy to check census #s. I'll be following this one closely though.

The last 9.8 copy of the 608 RRP I saw for sale was on these boards probably more than a year ago now. I believe it sold for just under or right at $2k then. Haven't seen one since then. :sorry:

-J.

Don't you already have a 608 RRP? lol