• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

Completed Sales

A completed BO sale on 11/1; then the same comic being listed and ended 2 days later.

The seller has 100% positive feedback for the past 12 months. I'm leaning toward the seller being lazy by using the same listing for two of the same books. But there's really no way to know for sure, bummer.

Jerome

same serial number, and I posted a link earlier, he bought it a month and a half ago from a guy in england for almost half the shill price.

Completed Sales

A completed BO sale on 11/1; then the same comic being listed and ended 2 days later.

The seller has 100% positive feedback for the past 12 months. I'm leaning toward the seller being lazy by using the same listing for two of the same books. But there's really no way to know for sure, bummer.

Jerome

same serial number, and I posted a link earlier, he bought it a month and a half ago from a guy in england for almost half the shill price.

hm

Well I'll be shilled!

Jerome

Completed Sales

Jerome

Maybe I'm not following, but a person can't buy a comic from England then sell it for more money 2 months later?

Maybe I'm not following, but a person can't buy a comic from England then sell it for more money 2 months later?

No one said that,

He "sold" the comic, then relisted it 2 days later. That's the shill-y part

Edited by CBT

No one said that,

He "sold" the comic, then relisted it 2 days later. That's the shill-y part

Yes; 2 days later the same listing went up for the same comic that sold as a Best Offer.

However, as I stated earlier, that relisting was only up for 24 seconds. What was the point of that? Yes it was relisted, but it's not up there now; not available for sale.

I think (yes, think, as no one knows what really happened) that the seller accidentally hit relist on a sold item then quickly took it down.

I think (yes, think, as no one knows what really happened) that the seller accidentally hit relist on a sold item then quickly took it down.

That's not how relisting works....If you accidentally click relist, it takes you to another screen where you can choose to edit the listing or not, before confirming and relisting.

Can you post a link to what shows how long the listing was up for? I am curious to see that

Edited by CBT

That's not how relisting works....If you accidentally click relist, it takes you to another screen where you can choose to edit the listing or not, before confirming and relisting.

Can you post a link to what shows how long the listing was up for? I am curious to see that

Maybe it was an accident? I let my 3 year old daughter play with my iphone and she randomly calls people, likes pictures on fb, etc.

Maybe it was an accident? I let my 3 year old daughter play with my iphone and she randomly calls people, likes pictures on fb, etc.

I said it's possible earlier, we dont know one way or the other. The main point I made was that GPA asking the seller proves nothing one way or the other.

Maybe he is a shill, put it back up 2 days later after the fake best offer and someone believing the shill sale made him an offer relative to that price and he completed it off e-bay.

Tons of high value best offer books end up in off-ebay transactions since paypal can still provide the seller protection. I just completed a $2K one last week.

No point in arguing something no one here can prove; we can just make guesses.

My feeling is an accident; others may feel otherwise. However, until such a thing can be proven, I don't think we can go around calling every high dollar sale that looks a little off a "shill" sale/seller.

I can't get a direct link to the item w/in the site, but go to watchcount.com and put in the relisted item number: 272036219715.

Up for 24 seconds; though there were 6 views in that time. Again, all speculation as to what really happened.

So THAT was where that call came from...

So THAT was where that call came from...

lol