• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Collapse of the Original Comic Art Market

246 posts in this topic

this thread should be closed.

No one should be wasting their time responding to this guy/girl/whoever it is.

Aww Man...what good is a rabid delusional wallaby if you can't poke it with a stick and make it froth and skitter about? :sorry:

lol

The only problem is that it isn't. They just keep posting as if they're the only one in the thread.

Not talking about a problem does NOT make the problem go away, a lot of people have invested in Original Comic Art and their interests must come before greed.

:roflmao: OMG if this guy is Capt. light box the hypocrisy of this statement is just off the charts.

Not talking about a problem does NOT make the problem go away, a lot of people have invested in Original Comic Art and their interests must come before greed.

:roflmao: OMG if this guy is Capt. light box the hypocrisy of this statement is just off the charts.

Captian Lightbox! Brilliant!

Willing to rip people off at the speed of a drunken Kangaroo!

Too funny.

I'll sign off for now and give everyone a chance to think about the problem and be back later to review any progress and we can continue.

whats the point? every request for further explanation and detail trying to get you to explain your point has been detail and example free...

I dont think you are going to get many buyers of the line you are trying to sell here thanks to your parallel CAF bashing threads...

but feel free to respond with a non-sequiter that doesnt address anything and takes another nondescript pot shot at the OA marketplace in your vain hopes of hurting CAF.

If you own any Original Comic Art that you purchased simply as an investment for later NOW IS THE TIME TO SELL, and whatever you do don’t buy more.

So I guess you are selling yours right ? Let me know what you have for sale, always interested in nice pieces and not really bothered about rising or sinking values.

But some are not as lucky as you, a lot of dealers connected with caf promote the sale of high-end Original Art as “investment”, this means very little as the market has peeked, for example: not all Neal Adams art is great, however dealers place rocket-high prices on ALL his art because of his name, same with Frazetta, both really great talents but a lot of their art is way over priced, Steranko is a good example, the dealers are pricing due to “the name” rather than the quality of the work.

The argument that people are paying these prices so that’s what the market demands is RUBBISH, dealers are simply holding nice examples of these artists work and DEMANDING monopoly prices, they have been and still are pushing up market prices, if the market demanded these high prices then all art auctioned would not need a reserve, greed is the reason for the current problem.

Who among us HONESTLY has not heard about a “well known” on-line Original Comic Art auction group (who will remain nameless), who post items for auction with not intent of moving the items, basically they use listing the items for auction with extremely high unreachable “hidden” reserve prices just to personally value their own collections.

This action along with dealers actions has peeked The Original Comic Art Market, a crash is imminent.

Thank you taking notice of this important issue.

Illiteracy is a serious challenge to the advancement of mankind.

A very serious issue to many collectors of Original Comic Art and you make light of it, very sad my friend.

The more serious issues are weak attempts at anonymous slander of CAF and its owner by someone who has incredible delusions of grandeur, to the point that they think they've fooled anyone as to who they really are.

That is very sad. I would almost feel sorry for them if they weren't defending the actions of selling Buckler art as Steranko and Royer as Kirby and using multiple aliases to perpetrate this type of unethical and perhaps illegal activity.