• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problems with MYCOMICSHOP?

113 posts in this topic

Conan, if you sell a book on your website, do you cancel the auction on eBay? or don't you track the sales and match them?

I'm wondering because there is now some kind of fee if you cancel a listing on eBay...or maybe that doesn't apply to fixed price listings?

Everything we post to ebay is fixed price buy it now listings, not auctions. Those items are listed simultaneously on mycomicshop.com, and wherever the item sells first, the listing is ended automatically in the other venue within a few minutes.

If we did do any auction items on eBay, they would appear only on eBay, and would not be listed on mycomicshop, since an auction can only take place on one venue.

I think the eBay fee you're referring to is for people who start an auction and then cancel it before it the auction has ended. That's unrelated to buy it now listings. There's no penalty to ending a buy it now, other than the fact that you paid the listing fee.

Conan, if you sell a book on your website, do you cancel the auction on eBay? or don't you track the sales and match them?

I'm wondering because there is now some kind of fee if you cancel a listing on eBay...or maybe that doesn't apply to fixed price listings?

Everything we post to ebay is fixed price buy it now listings, not auctions. Those items are listed simultaneously on mycomicshop.com, and wherever the item sells first, the listing is ended automatically in the other venue within a few minutes.

If we did do any auction items on eBay, they would appear only on eBay, and would not be listed on mycomicshop, since an auction can only take place on one venue.

I think the eBay fee you're referring to is for people who start an auction and then cancel it before it the auction has ended. That's unrelated to buy it now listings. There's no penalty to ending a buy it now, other than the fact that you paid the listing fee.

Thanks, that makes more sense. So if you can't find an item, it's usually just because you are dealing with a huge volume?

The original poster sent me a friendly PM and provided me the info to contact his friend, which I have done, but haven't heard back yet.

As far as I can tell currently, we sent the package off September 4th to the address specified on the eBay order, and as of September 14th the tracking info shows it bounced back marked as undeliverable. It's not clear to me if the package has made it back to us or is still at the post office. Either way, I'll be following up with the friend and making sure she is refunded, and see if she wants to place a replacement order going to some other address.

I use mcs as my virtual dollar bin, haven't done so this year but will buy huge runs every month and the books are packed securely, shipped promptly and always satisfy.

Some books are jacked but they are a $1 so no complaints. Their consignment prices are great.

Wish there was more of a membership program, spend a $100 get something. Just a thought. But I'd recommend using them more so then any other site.

I still have not received my shipment from MCS I never ordered that they recently notified me about. I am thoroughly disappointed my non-order resulted in a non-shipment.

:ohnoez:

lol

I got the same email. Got all excited for a free slab.

...and it is almost always handled quickly and professionally.

(thumbs u

You sir are the funniest mute evers.

It appears the OP's attempt at harming mycomicshop's business has failed

I've probably placed 8 orders with them in the last 2 months. Never a problem with any of them. They're my go to business when I need any book from the last 25 years

For anyone crying that the grade on an ebay book was in your opinion lower than described, did you ask all pertinent questions and view large enough scans to make your own judgement? If not, you should have passed on the book

@Bill C, I am not trying to harm mcs at all. I was just stating what had happened the last time I bought from them and the disappointment I have. Bad form!

@mycomicshop I was not saying you where trying to get more $$$. I was trying to say that maybe the person who owned it might trying get more $$.

I have not bought many comics online, simple because I like being able to look at what I am buying for my $$$. All I was trying to say is that sometimes this things come up,

I've never had anything but good experiences with mycomicshop.com. I've completed the majority of my Amazing Spider-Man collection from their site even submitted a few books I bought from them to CGC and they came back pretty close to the grades they were represented at.

Amazing Spider-Man #31-MCS described at VF came back from CGC as 5.5

Amazing Spider-Man #33-MCS described as VG came back from CGC as 7.0

Amazing Spider-Man #55-MCS described as F came back from CGC as 7.0

I'd do business with them in the future.

I've never had anything but good experiences with mycomicshop.com. I've completed the majority of my Amazing Spider-Man collection from their site even submitted a few books I bought from them to CGC and they came back pretty close to the grades they were represented at.

Did you get lines 1 and 2 mixed up? Those are big swings in grading!

Tune in same time next week for another MCS thread.

Seems like any time things aren't perfect with them it necessitates a thread on this forum....

And every time MyComicShop comes here and calmly and rationally deals with it and attracts more customers

:banana:

MCS is great.

Did you get lines 1 and 2 mixed up? Those are big swings in grading!

Nope, that's the correct grades from my packing slip to what they came back from CGC as. No complaints, as I find CGC just like MCS the grading is subjective. I get quite a lot of my books via trade in credit so I'm one happy customer with MCS.

I recently sent in about 10 books for consignment. I have sold all but 2 of them. These I put in the upcoming auction. I have gotten more than I expected for each of the books. I am extremely happy with their consignment process. I think I had higher sell prices than ebay with 90% less hassle and risk. Their 3rd party grading gives confidence to the buyer yielding higher prices for the consignor.

It is evident that they are investing resources to take customer suggestions into consideration. Of course, all businesses will encounter problems, it is how they handle them that often distinguishes them. MCS is setting a high bar for customer service, imo. Comic book nerds are probably a hard customer base to please.

Only three books, so it's a small sample, but I'm not sure I would describe those grades as being pretty close. No dog in this hunt, though, as I have neither sold to them nor bought from them.

If you put numeric grades together, he bought a 8.0, a 4.0 and a 6.0 for a total of 18

CGC gave him books with a total of 19.5.

If you look at it like that, I can see how he might feel they were close. I don't, myself but sort of see his point, if I squint real hard and look at it in the proper light

If you put numeric grades together, he bought a 8.0, a 4.0 and a 6.0 for a total of 18

CGC gave him books with a total of 19.5.

If you look at it like that, I can see how he might feel they were close. I don't, myself but sort of see his point, if I squint real hard and look at it in the proper light

This is actually how I think of it. Part of the danger of buying online is that grading is somewhat subjective and inconsistent. If I can go to a place where I think things generally even out or are generally (although not always) skewed in the favor of the buyer, I can live with that. No one is perfect, but if over the long run I get 2 books undergraded for every 1 overgraded book I get, I can be comfortable buying from them.