• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Artist's Editions you would buy (if IDW actually made them)?

IDW Artist's Editions You Would Buy  

387 members have voted

1. 1. IDW Artist's Editions You Would Buy

542 posts in this topic

I am sure most of you have already seen this and ordered one if you are interested. The John Romita vol. 2 remarqued version is now listed for sale on the site. With only 72 of them available it looks like they should sell out fast.

John B.

http://www.idwpublishing.com/product/john-romitas-the-amazing-spider-man-artists-edition-volume-2-limited-edition-signed-numbered-remarqued-variant/

Thanks for the heads up I just ordered a copy. (thumbs u This and the artifact edition that comes out in early next month should be some nice editions.

thanks for info, just bought one copy (thumbs u

Just curious, how do you know what sketch you are getting with these? Just luck of the draw?

I am sure most of you have already seen this and ordered one if you are interested. The John Romita vol. 2 remarqued version is now listed for sale on the site. With only 72 of them available it looks like they should sell out fast.

John B.

http://www.idwpublishing.com/product/john-romitas-the-amazing-spider-man-artists-edition-volume-2-limited-edition-signed-numbered-remarqued-variant/

Thanks for the heads up I just ordered a copy. (thumbs u This and the artifact edition that comes out in early next month should be some nice editions.

thanks for info, just bought one copy (thumbs u

Just curious, how do you know what sketch you are getting with these? Just luck of the draw?

you can't have any info about what sketch you'll get, but i don't care ,you can' t be wrong with Romita.

i don't think he draw many different characters.I found he has draw on 1st one :spidey, spidey/peter, MJ, and found a Gwen.

I would like a Green goblin but i think i have more possibility to have a Classic Spidey.

it would be interesting that anybody bought a copy post a pic here of his sketch here

I got my Volume 2 on Friday and it was the Half Spidey/Half Peter Parker. A friend also received the same sketch.

I was a bit disappointed that they don't seem to be sending out based on when you ordered the book. I ordered mine well before my friend and he got #66 and I got #68.

John B.

still dying for a Bernie Wrightson Frankenstein collection....even if slightly incomplete. I would love to get as much of that book big and beautiful as possible. Some of Barry Windsor Smith stuff would be very cool too. More Mike Mignola would be awesome as well. Kevin Nowlan, Arthur Adams....Simon Bisley, Dave McKean or Bill Sienkiewicz.

ANYTHING Frazetta!!

Volume 2, arrived a couple days ago…

I wanted a Spidey!… will cover shipping if anyone wants to trade

romita25.jpg

Would this mean that in theory those that got the more desirable sketch of lets say Spidey, could then if they wanted to sell it for a higher premium then the other books that have sketches of less popular characters?

Would this mean that in theory those that got the more desirable sketch of lets say Spidey, could then if they wanted to sell it for a higher premium then the other books that have sketches of less popular characters?

Very possibly... But there could also be scarcity issues if one character was far more abundant than the others.

Got mine today!(I chose the least expensive shipping, cause I'm cheap like that) Over all very happy with what I got.

Got #22

IMAG0198_zpsxkp5ur1f.jpg

Got Spidey, sweet

IMAG0202_zpsoyyvjykl.jpg

Close up of sketch

fc76997c-f424-4bf1-8a7b-26f2f91fff7a_zps7b333222.jpg

That is a fantastic sketch.

Congratulations!

I got an email today announcing the arrival in May of the new paperback edition of the Wally Wood book. This is fantastic news and it works in so many ways, first of all it will be more affordable and secondly I can get two copies one to keep and one to trim and display. Many thanks Scott and IDW for thinking of the fans. Now excuse me while I have a fit of giggles!

P.S Any word on the Ditko or Colan editions.

I've been waiting for the Remarqued Romita Vol. 2 Artist Edition since last September, have been checking IDW new releases every week, but never saw it advertised- totally missed the boat :(

If anyone has one for sale, would be willing to buy-

Would like a Gwen sketch (1st choice), Goblin sketch (2nd choice) or Mary Jane sketch (3rd choice)

If so, send me a PM (Private Message)

Thanks-