• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Artist's Editions you would buy (if IDW actually made them)?

IDW Artist's Editions You Would Buy  

387 members have voted

1. 1. IDW Artist's Editions You Would Buy

542 posts in this topic

So it looks like the Classic Marvel Covers AE is coming out September 10. I really hope there's lot of truly great covers. I have only seen about 15 or so of the covers they've put in the book, most of which were featured in the Diamond catalog.

IDW has been uploading a few preview images to their Facebook page. Two that I'm very happy to see in there are these two:

14wshue.jpg

2qlbg51.jpg

So it looks like the Classic Marvel Covers AE is coming out September 10. I really hope there's lot of truly great covers. I have only seen about 15 or so of the covers they've put in the book, most of which were featured in the Diamond catalog.

IDW has been uploading a few preview images to their Facebook page. Two that I'm very happy to see in there are these two:

14wshue.jpg

2qlbg51.jpg

Are they all going to be the smaller modern art sized covers or will there be a mix of silver age size with modern size cover art.

It seems reproducing them at actual size might present some problems with two different sizes of artwork.

14wshue.jpg

2qlbg51.jpg

Are they all going to be the smaller modern art sized covers or will there be a mix of silver age size with modern size cover art.

It seems reproducing them at actual size might present some problems with two different sizes of artwork.

Good observation . . . I was thinking this myself.

Alex Raymond Flash Gordon Sunday strips.

This may be too obscure but i would absolutely LOVE Sam Kieth Marvel comics presents work done original art style. His inks were just so lush during that period I think it would be perfectly suited to this type of collection.

:news:

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/916?stockItemID=STK657241

JOHN ROMITA AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ARTIFACT ED HC

This is it, the John Romita Spider-Man book fans have been waiting for-Nearly 200 pages of prime John Romita Spider-Man art from his very earliest days on the title, and every single one is scanned from the original art! This over-sized (it's as big as the recent STERANKO Artist's Edition) Artifact Edition showcases the absolute peak of Romita's tenure on Amazing Spider-Man from his first 15 issues (#39 - #53), and all are twice-up pages-this one is an enormous 15" x 22" tome!

:whee:

:news:

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/916?stockItemID=STK657241

JOHN ROMITA AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ARTIFACT ED HC

This is it, the John Romita Spider-Man book fans have been waiting for-Nearly 200 pages of prime John Romita Spider-Man art from his very earliest days on the title, and every single one is scanned from the original art! This over-sized (it's as big as the recent STERANKO Artist's Edition) Artifact Edition showcases the absolute peak of Romita's tenure on Amazing Spider-Man from his first 15 issues (#39 - #53), and all are twice-up pages-this one is an enormous 15" x 22" tome!

:whee:

(thumbs u

Not Artist's Edition, but just picked up the IDW reprint of the Russ Heath Art Catalog from the 2013 Mallorca Spain exhibit at my LCS.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5917524

The volume contains an impressive 322 pages of wonderful Russ Heath artwork and biography.

image-7.jpg

image-1-1.jpg

Not knowing that IDW would reprint the Wally Wood catalog, i purchased an original from Stuart Ng. When I saw Stuart at the 2013 SDCC, I asked him whether he could locate any original Heath catalogs. He told me to wait for the IDW reprint.

I apologize for the poor quality of the smartphone photos.

Here is a contribution to the IDW Russ Heath Flesh & Steel Catalog from board member Terry Doyle, OA to Battle Action #3 cover.

image-1-2.jpg

I actually covered this book in an earlier thread.

Here's a photo you might enjoy . . .

heath2.jpg

Got a link to that post, Terry?

Heath's Golden Age stuff is amazing. I hadn't really seen a lot of his stuff until I heard about this book. How much of the book is dedicated to his Golden Age work?

I actually covered this book in an earlier thread.

Here's a photo you might enjoy . . .

heath2.jpg

Got a link to that post, Terry?

Heath's Golden Age stuff is amazing. I hadn't really seen a lot of his stuff until I heard about this book. How much of the book is dedicated to his Golden Age work?

Link to Terry's contributions to catalog

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=48&Number=7818572&Searchpage=1&Main=345926&Words=heath+Terry+Doyle&topic=0&Search=true#Post7818572

First 37 pages contain material from Russ Heath's personal collection, mostly western paintings (non-comic book). Next 33 pages are devoted to Golden Age comic book material, mostly western and war, with a handful of super hero and pre-code horror/sci-fi.

Has there been any update on whether there will be a limited edition variant edition of the Steranko AE? The listing on IDW's website said that there would be one forthcoming at a later date, but I haven't heard any news since then. (shrug)