• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Artist's Editions you would buy (if IDW actually made them)?

IDW Artist's Editions You Would Buy  

387 members have voted

1. 1. IDW Artist's Editions You Would Buy

542 posts in this topic

The obvious choice would be the Miracle man series?

(shrug)

OT

Thanks for the reply Alex. I was aware of the owners of the copyrights. What I was really getting at was who does IDW have to pay off to publish an artist's edition for a Frank Miller DD issue for example.

If there is $ to be made, why would Marvel, DC, EC etc., let someone else in on the action? What would stop an artist from doing it himself in the future?

Cheers!

N.

The obvious choice would be the Miracle man series?

(shrug)

OT

Thanks for the reply Alex. I was aware of the owners of the copyrights. What I was really getting at was who does IDW have to pay off to publish an artist's edition for a Frank Miller DD issue for example.

If there is $ to be made, why would Marvel, DC, EC etc., let someone else in on the action? What would stop an artist from doing it himself in the future?

Cheers!

N.

Depends for the Miracleman series.

I mean, if Marvel put it out I wouldn't be interested. IDW on the other hand...

Anyone pick up the Romita Artifact Edition?

I like the art in it a lot. But I can't bring myself to purchase a copy, because there are to many pages missing. I hate those "scanned from the original stat" pages. I can live with one or two, but not more. The book has a lot of those. It's an Artifact edition, so if there's a page missing they shouldn't put a stat copy in it.... :facepalm:

I am still looking forward to the 2nd EC one though. I have high hopes for this one. But it's the only upcoming one I'm looking forward to.

Have yet to see the Romita book, but my understanding is that they used 10 statted pages to help complete a number of stories. Doesn't sound too unreasonable or excessive, to me, so is something I can live with.

I'll be ordering the second EC book later on this week.

A Kamandi edition should be available later this month, which is another must-have for me.

Companies sub-contract / outsource all the time. In a case like this, they avoid the investment required to start their own brand, collect and scan the pages, etc., etc., while receiving revenues on the sales.

Basically, they are getting a return for very little investment; that's good business.

DC is doing it with Graphitti Designs as well.

Got my Best of EC Volume 2 today. :cloud9:

Lots of great material, including Krigstein's ground-breaking treatment of 'Master Race!' . . . the incredible Williamson/Krenkel collaboration on 'Food For Thought' (sporting an incredibly detailed and beautiful splash page) and Kurtzman's personal favourite (of the handful of war stories he self-illustrated), 'Air Burst!'.

Definitely a real treat for EC fans like myself.

Looking forward to the forthcoming Kamandi book (Jack's take on Planet of the Apes) . . . :)

Lots of great material, including Krigstein's ground-breaking treatment of 'Master Race!' . . . the incredible Williamson/Krenkel collaboration on 'Food For Thought' (sporting an incredibly detailed and beautiful splash page) and Kurtzman's personal favourite (of the handful of war stories he self-illustrated), 'Air Burst!'.

Looking forward to the forthcoming Kamandi book (Jack's take on Planet of the Apes) . . . :)

Here are some details on the contents:

http://www.comicbookdaily.com/collecting-community/bound-together/review-best-of-ec-artists-edition-volume-two/

Here are some details on the contents:

http://www.comicbookdaily.com/collecting-community/bound-together/review-best-of-ec-artists-edition-volume-two/

Nice write-up. (thumbs u

Here's a nice little interview with Mike Zeck on the upcoming Mike Zeck Classic Marvel Stories Artists Edition.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/mike-zeck-on-joining-the-artists-edition-family-launching-secret-wars

For those that will be attending San Diego this year, Mike will be on hand for a are appearance to sign copies of the Artists Edition book. Make plans to pick one up and see him!

Here's a nice little interview with Mike Zeck on the upcoming Mike Zeck Classic Marvel Stories Artists Edition.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/mike-zeck-on-joining-the-artists-edition-family-launching-secret-wars

For those that will be attending San Diego this year, Mike will be on hand for a are appearance to sign copies of the Artists Edition book. Make plans to pick one up and see him!

:/ I'd love to have one for him to sign while he's at Phoenix Comic-con this week

:/ I'd love to have one for him to sign while he's at Phoenix Comic-con this week

Unfortunately, I don't think the book will be out this weekend, but I'm sure Mike will have some re-mastered prints and copy of the Raw Fury exhibit catalog with him that presents art in its original format..

I've seen the official release date os the Zeck Artists Edition published on some websites as 6/17 and in stores by 7/1. A list of shows that Mike will appear at is available on his website - check it out to see where you can your Artists Edition signed the rest of this year. If you have the Marvel Covers book, you can also get that one signed as well.

http://www.mikezeck.com/

The SDCC variants are shown, but does anyone know what the "standard edition" covers will be for the Mike Zeck volume and Frank Miller DD artifact edition?

This is the Mike Zeck one.

Mike-Zeck-AE-659x934.jpg

There are actually two convention variants of the Mike Zeck Artists Edition:

1) At Heroes Con, they released a special variant with the cover to Cap #286

2) In San Diego, there will be a special variant with the cover of Cap Annual #8

The regular edition features the cover to Secret Wars #1 and should be out in stores this week.

For those attending San Diego, Mike Zeck will be at the IDW booth for approx. 2 hours each day signing copies of the book (Wed-Sat). Pick up your variant and get it signed!

Mike will also have a separate booth at the Con (near Steve Morger) where he will be selling his own prints and signing the rest of the day.

There are actually two convention variants of the Mike Zeck Artists Edition:

1) At Heroes Con, they released a special variant with the cover to Cap #286

2) In San Diego, there will be a special variant with the cover of Cap Annual #8

Mike-Zeck-Cover-AE_RE-420x600.jpg

Mike-Zeck-Cover-02-Con-with-Logo.jpg

Do you know when/if the remarked Zeck editions will be available?

I do not know the plans for the sale of the remarqued editions. Scott would have to comment on that although I know they were publicly announced a few months ago.