• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rarest Golden Age Books

441 posts in this topic

...then again who knows for books that get no publicity..

....'fess up ! How many of you have seen this book?

...But you gotta love this cover.....jon 691359-1scanour5.jpg

Wow! I love that book!

Good call on Detective 24. Very tough book.

Given that I try to collect exactly the types of books you're looking for, here's a list of what I own.

More Fun 10, 12, 13, 19, 21, 23, 26, 42, 43, 48, 50

I'm looking forward to seeing your work!

I just picked up a copy of More Fun Comics #42 CGC NM+ 9.6 ow/w

(Mile High Collection).

With all the "trash" talk on the Batman and Superman threads, I submit this "ashcan"....Capt. Thunder missed out being in Flash Comics also.....jon 697949-1scanflashmar.jpg

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

I'm speachless,.....REALLY,......I got nothing!!!

Jon, please post a scan of your most prized book. popcorn.gif

"I'm speachless,.....REALLY,......I got nothing!!!

Jon, please post a scan of your most prized book. "

Interpreting this to mean my favorite comicbook cover.....here it is Mystery Men 3 by Lou Fine. It is the one book I got a bit "piggy" about....here is the Church copy obtained in 1995

698457-1scanmys3MH.jpg [/img]

....and this is the Larson copy, obtained in 1992....note the erased "Lamont Larson" in the white body....(while probably technically the same grade, the "Larson" is "whiter")

698457-1scanmysmen3lar.jpg

This is my most "prized" comic related collectible

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece...at=0&UCat=0

698457-1scanmysmen3lar.jpg.558c134c978ab2d2882b878d6dd3826e.jpg

"I'm speachless,.....REALLY,......I got nothing!!!

Jon, please post a scan of your most prized book. "

Interpreting this to mean my favorite comicbook cover.....here it is Mystery Men 3 by Lou Fine. It is the one book I got a bit "piggy" about....here is the Church copy obtained in 1995

698457-1scanmys3MH.jpg [/img]

This is my most "prized" comic related collectible

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece...at=0&UCat=0

Jon;

An absolutely gorgeous book!!! In fact, I considered issues #1 through #10 of the Mystery Men run to be the BEST first 10 issue run of any GA comic series from a cover image point of view. Just absolutely stunning covers virtually all the way through. cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

BTW: Do you still have the entire Church run for the Mystery Men series intact?

Jon, I'm not sure if you have seen this thread, but it's right up your alley. Alot of us have exhausted our collections scanning books for this, but you'd probably be able to pitch in some great stuff. Golden age of golden age

it is a great thread......certainly do not want to repeat any thing in there.....my selections so far have been a bit hit and miss guesses of interest to viewers....jon

Jon, I'm not sure if you have seen this thread, but it's right up your alley. Alot of us have exhausted our collections scanning books for this, but you'd probably be able to pitch in some great stuff. Golden age of golden age

it is a great thread......certainly do not want to repeat any thing in there.....my selections so far have been a bit hit and miss guesses of interest to viewers....jon

Thanks so much for pointing out this older thread, particularly to us newbies. It has been dormant for too long so I have posted some books to get it going again.

Mark

the rarest goldeage keys im my experience[and i have owned all of them]are.

1]famous funnies SERIES 1.....gerber 10....have seen only 3 copies.

2]big book of fun comics...gerber9....seen 2

3]double action 2....have seen 3