• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

So if Nowhere Men does come back, will it be like when the Eagles reunited for their " Hell Freezes Over" tour ? Worldwide concerts sellouts over a year in advance or will be more like a reunion concert where the band and roadies outnumber the crowd ? hm

hm in the long run

So if Nowhere Men does come back, will it be like when the Eagles reunited for their " Hell Freezes Over" tour ? Worldwide concerts sellouts over a year in advance or will be more like a reunion concert where the band and roadies outnumber the crowd ? hm

hm in the long run

lol

I just found a 1st print issue 1 at a small comic shop earlier today and paid cover price....whatever happened to this series, I know it was hot for awhile...are they going to continue new issues or is it done for???

At the Image booth last weekend I heard that they are putting it on hold for the summer and planning on going bi-weekly this fall as a thank you to the fans. Issues #7 - 20 will be ready to go then.

This was welcome news.

In related news, I am offering a pre-sale on blue label 9.8s of issues 7-20.

Cannot be held responsible for any books that do not eventually see print. No refunds will be given, though, as the timeline for the publication of these issues is infinite.

Cannot be held responsible for any books that do not eventually see print. No refunds will be given, though, as the timeline for the publication of these issues is infinite.

:takeit:

*in order to receive my money I must first be present with a lovely pink cgc 9.8 copy of #1

Edited by iceman399

No 9.9s ?

No 9.9s ?

9.9's are for suckas

Well, I think there was some sort of plan because I remember the soliciations showing up in the image site saying NB + Emi Lenox. So perhaps that was the plan and then it also fell through?

In the end, I really liked this book. Didn't care about any of the variants. I actually really liked the stuff they did with the extra printing covers. I don't really think anyone can say what really is the cause of the delays unless you're ES or NB. It could ES, it could be NB who knows. I just want to read comics. Oh well, I hope they get things back on track :popcorn:

Were they saying Emi is taking over for Nate? I love her style but I don't see it translating well. She's an old friend so I could ask... But want to get my story strait. I haven't spoken to her in about 3 years.

Edit... Ok... Got this:

Stephenson: I've been a fan of Emi's work since a friend gave me copies of her Emitownmini-comics a few years back, and I just really love her artwork. Her sketch blog stuff is great, most of which has been collected in the two Emitown books Image has published, but she also does this great watercolor work, and since a big part of Nowhere Men is the non-story content we were talking about earlier, I always thought it would be fun to get her involved with some of that if there was an opportunity. I'm really happy with how her contributions have turned out so far.

Edited by Mr. Hog