• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

438 posts in this topic

I only have one set of covers A through F

and 5 midtown variants. I don't know what I'm gonna do with them

I would save them, but that's just me. I'm sure there are going to be plenty of people selling them right away, but once the market for the first issue has settled, I think they will be worth more.

For anyone who missed it, according to Andy Price issue #2 has been delayed to January 2nd because of a workers' strike at the LA airport. Simultaneously, it was accidentally leaked digitally via Barnes & Noble. I have to wonder what that's going to do to sales.

Regarding the question of long term popularity, I think we might actually see a moderate sales bump around issues 4-5 as the TV show season ends and fans go searching for their fix. I know that's not how it works with other licensed properties, but this fanbase is exceptionally rabid and it seems like many if not most aren't really aware of the comic yet.

At the same time, I can't see the fanbase running at this intensity for more than a few years. Even if the show stays good, it will get new competition.

For anyone who missed it, according to Andy Price issue #2 has been delayed to January 2nd because of a workers' strike at the LA airport. Simultaneously, it was accidentally leaked digitally via Barnes & Noble. I have to wonder what that's going to do to sales.

Yea, I saw that on EQD this morning. Were you the one that submitted the info? Also, I won't spoil, but I will say it was *yay* amazing.

Regarding the question of long term popularity, I think we might actually see a moderate sales bump around issues 4-5 as the TV show season ends and fans go searching for their fix. I know that's not how it works with other licensed properties, but this fanbase is exceptionally rabid and it seems like many if not most aren't really aware of the comic yet.

The people on this board, have no idea, no idea, how true this really is. This is a huge heads up. Ok, well some people might know, but probably only the bronies.

At the same time, I can't see the fanbase running at this intensity for more than a few years. Even if the show stays good, it will get new competition.

HAHA! I don't know when you started watching MLP, but everyone thought the same thing back around the time after Winter Wrap Up episode. The only way for this show to slow down is if they stop making episodes or the episodes degrade. Neither seems to be happening or has happened in the entire 2 years.

I've been following the show for about 18 months. In general it's really rare to see any comedy stay quality for more than ~5 seasons, but the show is kind of a hybrid because of the adventure, world-building, and progression elements. It also seems to have survived the creator and story editor leaving with no apparent quality degradation, which is exceptionally rare.

Surely someone is going to look at the show's success and start trying to imitate it. Obviously Hub brought in most of the show talent to relaunch their LPS line, but also maybe someone will finally give money to Faust for her long-cherished MWGG project, which is basically a sci-fi equivalent, or her SBFF superhero take. In the meanwhile, everyone who is at all connected has heard of it - the conversations around Ed Brubaker *not* having heard of it yesterday were hilarious - and hits on episode #1's on Youtube have dropped to a trickle.

Really, all I'm saying is that for speculators it might be worth holding issues and flipping them in 6 months, but I doubt it will pay to hold them for a decade or something.

Am I the only one who sent in a MLP to get slabbed?!

Nah I sent 8 in on behalf of my lad and his mates.

4 midtown variants and the Doctor Who thingy when it comes out x 4.

They are paying for them so no loss for me except the occasional Bronie-Boy swipe from some on here lol

I've been following the show for about 18 months. In general it's really rare to see any comedy stay quality for more than ~5 seasons, but the show is kind of a hybrid because of the adventure, world-building, and progression elements. It also seems to have survived the creator and story editor leaving with no apparent quality degradation, which is exceptionally rare.

Surely someone is going to look at the show's success and start trying to imitate it. Obviously Hub brought in most of the show talent to relaunch their LPS line, but also maybe someone will finally give money to Faust for her long-cherished MWGG project, which is basically a sci-fi equivalent, or her SBFF superhero take. In the meanwhile, everyone who is at all connected has heard of it - the conversations around Ed Brubaker *not* having heard of it yesterday were hilarious - and hits on episode #1's on Youtube have dropped to a trickle.

Really, all I'm saying is that for speculators it might be worth holding issues and flipping them in 6 months, but I doubt it will pay to hold them for a decade or something.

I wish someone would give Faust the money for MWGG, I love science fiction and it would be nice to see a cartoon with that as an major element.

I would be really happy if the show continues for a decade with no or little degradation. That would be something, huh?

Yeah, that would be impressive. Not even The Simpsons really made it that far, in my opinion.

We'll see if anything ever happens with MWGG. I'm not too interested in a show with the same villain every week, which seems to have been the original pitch, but I would hope they would expand the world beyond that.

Yeah, that would be impressive. Not even The Simpsons really made it that far, in my opinion.

We'll see if anything ever happens with MWGG. I'm not too interested in a show with the same villain every week, which seems to have been the original pitch, but I would hope they would expand the world beyond that.

Agreed, all that the Simpsons has left is charm.

So, I guess they're going to be switching the entire creative team, including writer, back and forth between arcs. That's a little unusual, no?

I thought so too, at least I like Amy Mebberson's art, but I like Andy's better no offense to her. Still I can handle a tag team effort, it will give both artists some room to breath in between arcs.

For those who don't know:

FACTS: It looks like issues 1-4 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic will be written by Katie Cook and drawn by Andy Price. Issues 5-8 will be written by Heather Nuhfer and drawn by Amy Mebberson. Issues 9-12 will be Katie Cook and Andy Price again.

RUMOR: This is pattern switching between Katie Cook and Heather Nuhfer as Writers, and Andy Price and Amy Mebberson will continue so long as they continue to produce the comic.

I really like this idea, as the TV does the same thing with the writers at least. This will leave more of an opportunity for diverse story arcs and fresh art.

Thoughts?

For those who don't know:

FACTS: It looks like issues 1-4 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic will be written by Katie Cook and drawn by Andy Price. Issues 5-8 will be written by Heather Nuhfer and drawn by Amy Mebberson. Issues 9-12 will be Katie Cook and Andy Price again.

RUMOR: This is pattern switching between Katie Cook and Heather Nuhfer as Writers, and Andy Price and Amy Mebberson will continue so long as they continue to produce the comic.

I really like this idea, as the TV does the same thing with the writers at least. This will leave more of an opportunity for diverse story arcs and fresh art.

Thoughts?

I like this concept. I'm thinking it would give both teams nice breathers and keep the fresh ideas flowing. At least that's how it works with me and creative stuff; if I take a break from a project, then come back to it weeks/months later I am more productive than ever before.

It also allows for things to be switched up every few issues, as stated (keeping things fresh for us as readers). I think this setup will definitely work for the best in the long run.

Don't know if this is any good or of interest to anyone, as, no offence, MLPFIM is not my cup of tea.

http://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles/p-C120334.html

No offense taken, any brony who says otherwise is not really a brony.

There might be some bronies out there that are interested, though I would say that most are more interested in getting OA on there comic cover by Andy Price or Katie Cook.

Tip: If you are going to sell on ebay, sell it 6 months, year from now, or longer. The entire MLP community knows where to get these and they have little to no incentive (except maybe international buyers) to buy one from ebay or any other auction site. However, when this first issue can no longer be bought, collectors just entering the fandom or those missed the first print run will buy them up.

Don't know if this is any good or of interest to anyone, as, no offence, MLPFIM is not my cup of tea.

And yet you're in the MLPFIM thread...... hm

:whistle:

You got me ha,ha !!! I'm a closet MLPFIM-er - just gert love Brownie, Prancer. Vixen, Donner, Blitzen and Trixie

(not really mate, I was just on DF website and thought I would bring it to MLPFIM fans attention just in case they hadn't already seen it)

You got me ha,ha !!! I'm a closet MLPFIM-er - just gert love Brownie, Prancer. Vixen, Donner, Blitzen and Trixie

(not really mate, I was just on DF website and thought I would bring it to MLPFIM fans attention just in case they hadn't already seen it)

lol I was just giving you a hard time. I'm not a fan either yet I just bought 4 of the ghost variants today :shy:

lol I was just giving you a hard time. I'm not a fan either yet I just bought 4 of the ghost variants today :shy:

I know mate, I understood the tone of your post.

Tbh if I knew which was which re: variants, I'd probably have a speculative stab at it, even if it was just to fund my Saga and Revival slab ocd!(even if I did secretly read it in a dark closet with a torch somewhere)