• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2013 - It's Never to Early, Oct 10-13

531 posts in this topic

Damn rain!!

Is there a overhang in front of the Javits to stand under while you wait in line?

Sorry, but... lol

If it's like last year, you won't be anywhere near the Javits while you wait in line.

Hey Jon :hi:

Indeed. I just hope the construction happening in front of the Javitz last year was completed prior to this year's con :wishluck:

The construction that was there last year is gone, don't know if any is left at all actually.

Less than 36 Hours to go :banana:

We will be set up at Booth #1274 (Main Room) & Artist Alley N307 (Same as last Year) downstairs. We will have a load of Comic Book supplies, Mylars / Mylites2, Top Loaders holders for your Photographs, Prints & Posters, Sketchpads, Tubes & More

We will have Comics for sale.

Stop by & say "HI"

I just checked the NYCC website regarding the charity art auction.

Steve Borock will be the auctioneer.

Not much details about the payment methods or whether you can view the art in person beforehand.

If it's cash only on the spot, the bids might be lower than if other forms of payment were accepted.

Cheers!

N.

I just checked the NYCC website regarding the charity art auction.

Steve Borock will be the auctioneer.

Not much details about the payment methods or whether you can view the art in person beforehand.

If it's cash only on the spot, the bids might be lower than if other forms of payment were accepted.

Cheers!

N.

Last year they had the physical artwork on hand if you wanted to take a closer look,

They also accepted credit card payments (there was a line so it took longer than paying by cash).

On the downside, it started an hour late (they did not cut it short, it ended an hour late as well) and the auctioneer did not exempt himself from bidding.

Indeed. I just hope the construction happening in front of the Javitz last year was completed prior to this year's con :wishluck:

The construction that was there last year is gone, don't know if any is left at all actually.

They were actually doing some construction inside the lobby two weeks ago :o Hopefully it's done by now.

As my dad used to say... "It'll be a nice city... when they finish it." lol

First flight got a coke zero and pink lemonade dropped in my lap. Yay!

Thank goodness Atlanta airport has clothes stores. Whew.

Careful, that combination has been know to cause crotch mutations ;)

They were actually doing some construction inside the lobby two weeks ago :o Hopefully it's done by now.

As my dad used to say... "It'll be a nice city... when they finish it." lol

He was certainly wise to the rise (thumbs u They haven't even finished designing the place yet - and they probably never will :P

First flight got a coke zero and pink lemonade dropped in my lap. Yay!

Thank goodness Atlanta airport has clothes stores. Whew.

Carful, that combination has been know to cause crotch mutations ;)

I was more upset at the incident when my son smuggingly pointed out that it looked like I had "wet" myself. We were rolling in the aisles.

I had a question about the panels for anyone that was at NYCC last year.

I would really like to see the Walking Dead TV panel at 6:30PM on Saturday but am not sure how early I would have to get there to get in.

Last year they had a Walking Dead TV panel and I thought if I got there about 90 minutes before it started I would be OK. I was told that I was already too late. Apparently they let people camp out at the main stage instead of kicking everyone out after each panel.

While I would probably enjoy the Agents of Shield panel I am not sure I would want to wait from 10AM until 6:30PM at the main stage. This would also beg the question, if I leave to use the rest room can I get back in?

If anyone has some feedback I would appreciate it.

I had a question about the panels for anyone that was at NYCC last year.

I would really like to see the Walking Dead TV panel at 6:30PM on Saturday but am not sure how early I would have to get there to get in.

Last year they had a Walking Dead TV panel and I thought if I got there about 90 minutes before it started I would be OK. I was told that I was already too late. Apparently they let people camp out at the main stage instead of kicking everyone out after each panel.

While I would probably enjoy the Agents of Shield panel I am not sure I would want to wait from 10AM until 6:30PM at the main stage. This would also beg the question, if I leave to use the rest room can I get back in?

If anyone has some feedback I would appreciate it.

Holy moly that's some serious waiting times. I would just watch it on youtube later. As far as if you'll get back in line, I would befriend someone, then announce to the surrounding people "Hey I need to go pee, I'll be right back"