• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WonderCon in Anaheim 2013: March 29-31, 2013

120 posts in this topic

Folks please help. I want to bring my daughter to the show today but the website says it's sold out. Does that mean I cannot purchase tickets at the event? I would be happy to purchase two tickets for today(Saturday) if anyone has extras. The website says they have tickets for tomorrow but we cannot go tomorrow.

If anyone can help please let me know.

I took my two boys yesterday, and they said Saturday was sold out by 1PM Friday. It was packed Friday. We had a really great time. Sorry you are having trouble getting tickets. If you're close, you may want to head over and find passes outside the venue.

V/R,

Mike

Attendance seemed high and very good considering the Good Friday / Easter weekend as well as it being around Spring Break too.

The hall could be navigated within a single day of perusing and shopping. I can't speak for or on the panels 'tho, since I never attend those.

I'm not sure how the floor commerce went, if it was like last year, where there were a lot of lookers, but few buyers.

Overall, it was decently organized, but I think there were a lot of last minute or poorly promoted add on's in the area of the celebrity guests and panels which were not announced with enough lead time for out of town fans interested to make plans for attending this show.

This felt like a show with a higher ratio of comic book dealers to "other" categories... 'thus, I overheard someone say "This show should be called "Comic Con" since there's way more comics, and the San Diego show should be called "Wonder Con" since there's a lot more of the wonderment of other stuff non-comic book at that show" - - which was actually fairly insightful.

This year's show was definitely larger and more crowded than last year's, with Fri and Sat selling out.

The Hall though wasn't super huge and you could walk from one end to another in a few minutes, but would take you a good 15-20 min if you got stuck in the overflow of slow onlookers and tons of parents bring kids in strollers that slower traffic down along with cosplayers being stopped right in the middle of the aisle.

Even the artists in artists alley couldn't do they regular quick free headsketches like last year since traffic attendance was high and there were really few breaks inbetween.

A good portion of the traffic from my perspective were video game crowds fans.

Still enjoyable and glad to hear that it's coming back to Anaheim next year. Sad though that WC with the Sold Out dates is becoming SDCC-lite now.

I enjoyed the show. I bought two pre-sliver Superboys including the rarely seen Superboy 37 both in really nice grade. Also bought a DC Golden Age Comic. I also submitted four books with CGC with my coupon: Three beautiful Silver Age Detectives and one pedigree House of Secrets.

All this occurred on Sunday; I wasn't there the other two days. My wife and I also enjoyed roaming the aisles.

SLR

I went Saturday and was disappointed. Silver Age X-Men were overpriced or just not present.

The crowds were more focused on the videogames or stopping for photos like others said.

I had money to burn for a mid/low grade key and felt like there weren't nearly as many dealers as in the past.

Oh well...

Silver Age X-Men were overpriced or just not present.

You're right, I looked everywhere for early X-Men and only managed to buy a nice copy of X-Men #4 at Guide.

Other early issues were not in grade, too costly, or almost non-existent.

I had a fun weekend.

Went to Hotflips and picked up some CGC bags. Finally got to meet beerthirty and hear some funny storied. Bought from Comic Madness, Beach Ball Comics and Jay Company. Thanks again Jay Company for taking care of my brother with trades and letting me hang out at the booth.

I got autographs from Kindt, Layman, Hawkins, E.S and Dragotta.

I hope next year were back in SF.