• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yay! Effin got canned today! No more comic stuff for a while...

42 posts in this topic

Yeah, it's wonderful. Just love how my boss screwed me over. I guess it's a blessing in disguise since I started to hate working for her.

Vent over.

I can tell by your avatar that You don't get any respect.

Ugh. That's too bad.

Here's a little something to cheer ya up on a dark day, courtesy of Loboagain's thread:

madhatter.jpg

MOXI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and hope you get back on your feet too dude. Remember, Peter Parker has been fired a few times and now he is like a super scientist...Just sayin...

I don't really believe in fate, but sometimes change leads to better opportunities and an improved quality of life.

Here's to hoping you will quickly find more satisfying employment.

Your fellow boardies are pulling for you.

1) You didn't like your job

2) You didn't like your boss

3) You have more time to browse all those 50c longboxes and yard sales you missed before.

Have a break,recharge and enjoy your new job when it comes along.

Good Luck mate - I'm sure we have all been there.

Some said it already, but sometimes situations like this have to happen to get you motivated to find what you really want to do in life.

Take a little time to detox from the previous job (very important), clear your head (or you will bring baggage to any new job), and then start mapping out what that is and what you need to do to break into that career focus.

It does help to have a plan in these situations, and especially to target something that your network of friends and family (and their contacts) can help you with.

Some said it already, but sometimes situations like this have to happen to get you motivated to find what you really want to do in life.

Take a little time to detox from the previous job (very important), clear your head (or you will bring baggage to any new job), and then start mapping out what that is and what you need to do to break into that career focus.

It does help to have a plan in these situations, and especially to target something that your network of friends and family (and their contacts) can help you with.

Good advice.

And, when you start looking, first call I'd make is to a recruiter. They've got more contacts than you do. And they get paid if you get hired. Let them do the dirty work for you.

Sorry to hear that.

I had a job where I didnt like my supervisor (well she didnt like me is more like it) and I got canned. Was out of work 6 months but found the job I have now and been here more then 3 years. I started as the shipping clerk and now I am the manager of all the fellas I was the shipping clerk for. Morale : Something good will come of it.

Best of luck looking and hope you find something soon.

Best thing to ever happen to me was getting canned back in 2008 from my manufacturing lab tech job.

Went back to school, learned how to man-rub, got the paper on the wall and the state licensure to prove it... and now making 3x what I was making 3 years ago.

You gotta think of losing a job like you think of lazy arses that cant post a :takeit: sign... in the end its their loss not yours.

Take a few days, figure out your next move and seize the day brother :headbang: