• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink and ComicConnect Noob questions (please help!)

16 posts in this topic

Hello everyone - I have some noob questions about ComicLink and ComicConnect:

1. Is ComicConnect a good and reliable place to purchase comics?

2. Is ComicLink a good and reliable place to purchase comics?

3. I placed a bid on a ComicLink auction - it was automatically added to my cart where it directs me to proceed with payment. Does this mean I can win the auction I assume? Why would I pay before knowing whether or not I won the auction? Can someone explain this to me?

4. What is the turnaround time after winning an auction on either ComicLink or ComicConnect?

Any help will be appreciated - I'm eBay savvy but not at all on CL or CC - thank you!!!

(worship)

I cannot personally vouch for ComicConnect, but I haved purchased numerous books from ComicLink. The first time I did I also was curious about the entering CC info immediately, but it is a legit screening process, and the bid associated with the CC is not automatically accepted. If the bid is accepted by the seller, you will be notified and you are then given the choice to use the listed credit card or not.

Hope I've been helpful. WTTB

That is helpful - do you mind if I ask a few more questions?

I've placed a bid and purchased a different item - when I go to checkout I cannot do so separately which makes me assume I'm paying for the 'bid' comic also - is this the case and if I pay do I win or am I just missing something really obvious?

Also, what is the normal turnaround time with ComicLink? In your experience(s)?

Speaking for ComicLink...I've bought from ComicConnect and the process is similar but you can see all of your messages on the site.

Nothing is automatically charged...it's simply a checkout process. The seller has to actually press a button to confirm the bid or counter. The final price will be communicated to you once all bids on an order has been completely resolved. Also, generally speaking, they will combine for shipping, but I've never actually felt comfortable about that, so I'm always calling/e-mailing. This is especially the case if you have auction wins and site related wins.

Both venues are fine for purchasing books. You'll forget eBay, trust me.

Okay - new question:

I submitted an order for 3 books:

2 were auto-rejected and 1 was accepted - can the sellers of the books that were rejected counter my offers? Or how do counter-offers work?

Forgive my ignorance...I'll eventually learn the system...thanks again

The seller can counter but don't have to. I have found that when they counter offer its not that much of a difference from the original selling price.

The only thing I hate about ComicConnect is waiting for the items to ship seems to take a week before shipping.

Agreed - Clink is a much smoother system when it comes to orders and shipping. Never had problems.

Expect a snails pace for CConect to get your order out.

Ok - update - I've been charged for two of my three purchases on ComicLink - how long should I expect the books to ship? Also, do they charge me once the comic arrives to them and then it ships to me or do I get charged immediately? Sorry for the noob questions...

Also, I saw a book I won show up on eBay (same image, not necessarily same book - I don't have the book in hand and there is no one to contact at ComicLink from what i can find, anyway - what should I do? I've already been charged for it is why I'm concerned...

Any help would be appreciated :)

I'd say your books will ship in 2/3 weeks. That's been my experience and I buy often from them.

They're very reputable and a solid company..sometimes they just get backed up and it does take a while to move out books...esp. after an auction (which ended last week).

Also, I'm not sure why the book you've purchased has shown up on eBay. Someone may own the same book and just "borrowed" the photo. Not smart IMO but I'm sure it happens. If you've been charged, then the seller on the other end has the book and is sending it to CLink. Its possible that they don't have the book and if CLink doesn't receive it, you'll get a refund.

You won't lose any money, I just can't guarantee you'll get your comic until it's in your hand.

You can call CLink at 617-517-0062

The book on ebay is odd. Hopefully it's just someone "borrowing" the image for their listing.

For books in auctions, CLink has the book in hand before the auction starts. So there should not be a problem with you getting the books. As others have said 2-3 weeks is normal. If you look at the number of books they sell in their auctions it takes a while to get them all shipped.

CLink does not normally have in their possession books listed on the Exchange. For books on the exchange - after the purchase is agreed to by buyer and seller the seller gets an email to ship the sold book(s) to CLink.

I've done a lot of business with CLink both as a buyer and seller. Their a good bunch. I wish they would clean the exchange up and get rid of all the ancient listings (there is stuff there five years old). But they are certainly honest.

eBay is the best source for deals on comic books.

This should generate a few responses.

eBay can be a cheap source for raw comics. CGC graded books don't always sell for less than other sites and sometimes more. "Hot" items often bring more on eBay as the collectors on CLink tend to be a little less impressed by the lastest fad

eBay has some real risks though. With raw books most of the sellers have no idea how to grade. A few scammers know how to grade - and know how to take pictures that hide defects.

And then there are the outright thieves. Seems every week brings a new AF 15 auction that is a scam - picture lifted from some ofther listing.

I buy and occasionally sell on eBay. But you have to be careful and look for any warning signs.

Also, I'm not sure why the book you've purchased has shown up on eBay. Someone may own the same book and just "borrowed" the photo. Not smart IMO but I'm sure it happens. If you've been charged, then the seller on the other end has the book and is sending it to CLink. Its possible that they don't have the book and if CLink doesn't receive it, you'll get a refund.

I haven't been charged but I did message the seller on eBay about it and the book 'mysteriously' disappeared within an hour of getting my question. This was 2 days ago and I also never received a reply. I'm wondering if this is fishy or not. It's not like it was a huge sought-after book or anything...maybe they didn't know they sold it? IDK ... it was very weird, though.

Sidenote: I primarily did my book shopping on eBay but have now dabbled into both CL and CC - CL never returned my original phone calls from over a week ago but CC had a live operator. Both seem reputable but until I receive books from both I won't know what to expect in the future, though. I'm glad everyone praises CL...that makes me feel better. I also wonder why they use the archaic website...surely they could afford an upgrade with as many highly sought after books they sell on there...