• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Modern Speculation Thread
5 5

633 posts in this topic

You guys might want to "lock" copies of:

Amazing Spider-Man #698 shipping 11-21 NOW.

Just Sayin...

Please, not the suddenly revealed son of Ben Reilly. :wishluck:

I've seen ASM #149 nearly double in price in the last week. You might be on to something.

hm:insane:

132154.jpg.749fa889d6ba2975dcc96dc1835f09bc.jpg

Edited by VEI Reborn

thank good ness i did not waste my money on 698.. I'm so glad i bought 692 first apperance of alpha..

I prepaid for one issue of the #698 variant at a LCS. I hope the cover is awesome and the press is huge. Story wise ummmmmmmmmm yeah.

Edited by catch21

thank good ness i did not waste my money on 698.. I'm so glad i bought 692 first apperance of alpha..

I prepaid for one issue of the #698 variant at a LCS. I hope the cover is awesome and the press is huge. Story wise ummmmmmmmmm yeah.

Glad that I pre-ordered the variant. This is a key issue. ASM #698 - first appearance of Superior Spider-man. :whee:

Here is the advance review of the issue. Again, be warned that it contains spoilers:

http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/wordpress/2012/11/19/the-amazing-spider-man-698-review/

I can't imagine how killing off Peter Parker is a good idea. Of course I'm also angry that ASM ends at 700.

Edit: added spoiler tags

I think not.... see below.

Is it possible that this is not the end of the story? If the whole strip club incident that bleeding cool reported is true...

...where is Doc Strange? Also, why would he need the claws (from the sketches) if it's only Doc. Ock in Pete's body? Maybe strange reaches into the future or something and says "there is another" or something dumb like that.

Just trying to make myself believe that this "shocking event" isn't going to be so lame.

Edited by awakeintheashes

I'm actually OK with this story.

Because, in the end, it won't be a change to the status quo. It'll be a six month change at most. Nobody wants to read about an Otto Octavius Spider-Man long term. Unless Marvel wants to see Spidey sales slide into the 25K range or less, this will be a temporary situation.

Didn't like Alpha? Octavius Spidey, if written to character, will be equally obnoxious.