• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Modern Speculation Thread
5 5

633 posts in this topic

True. And out of over 100 recent tranactions, this was the only 'problem' one. I think this correlates well to life. About 1% of the people out there you just can't please for no reason.

I think the quote "you did nothing wrong" just rubbed me the wrong way. I did nothing wrong yet your going to cost me some money.

Ryan

Edited by ItsJustRyan

I walk into the LCS to buy some bags periodically (and just this weekend) I used to speculate 5- 20 copies of a title back in the 80's, but I just don't see anything that jumps, that screams buy me, not even a single issue. I guess I want to see flames or at least smell smoke be for making a modern purchase of the rack.

I walk into the LCS to buy some bags periodically (and just this weekend) I used to speculate 5- 20 copies of a title back in the 80's, but I just don't see anything that jumps, that screams buy me, not even a single issue. I guess I want to see flames or at least smell smoke be for making a modern purchase of the rack.

Good luck.

In the current age of increasing speculation, you'll be lucky to find oxidation, unless you have an LCS where no boardies shop. :grin:

Nothing new in spidey to speculate on?

Daredevil #21 - 1st appearance of Superior Spiderman, comes out today

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think ASM 698, Daredevil 21, and Avenging 15.1 are probably going to be, in some capacity, the "modern" Marvel Team Up 141 / ASM 252 (and, why not, Secret Wars 8).

Good luck.

In the current age of increasing speculation, you'll be lucky to find oxidation, unless you have an LCS where no boardies shop. :grin:

hehe... we seem to be missing Larry fanning the flames somewhat :)

Justice League of Amierica 50 flag variants? Anyone thinking about speculating on the less popular or less populated states to see if lower production runs might yeild increased value when people try to put together full runs of the flag variants?

Im thinking:

Alaska, Wyoming, North & South Dakota.

Or maybe go with states where there seems to be a lot of "state pride" where there might be more interest in a state specific flag, like Texas, but less ability to get the book?

anyone else thinking about this, or am I just borded?

Justice League of Amierica 50 flag variants?

53. Puerto rico is included and 2 others cant remember which ones. No I wont be buying them. Just the regular cover and maybe connecticut since i live there.

The other two are a USA flag and the District of Columbia...

Im mostly curious if the use Ohio's actual flag shape (only non-quadrilateral one), and if the keep the square ones square (RI, ND, ID)

Really? This counts? It's just single panel where he's all in shadow. It's a pretty funny panel though.

Technically, it should hold as a 1st appearance since it's not a typical "cameo." We just see him in shadow....He's obviously in costume, we just can't see the details.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think ASM 698, Daredevil 21, and Avenging 15.1 are probably going to be, in some capacity, the "modern" Marvel Team Up 141 / ASM 252 (and, why not, Secret Wars 8).

Too bad there will be no Mark Jeweler variants for any of those new books!

Book:

Anything Elephantmen and Hip Flask

•why you think it will increase in value

-The book is a masterpiece

-MINISCULE print run

-They're going for cover to slightly above cover for back issues, with a couple exceptions (#1 CAN go for $8-10, #18 goes for ~$40) i.e. a LOT of room for growth

-Movie has been optioned

•(%) probability that it will go up.

-99.9% it will increase once the movie becomes more of a reality, and people actually find out about this hidden gem

•what price do you think it will achieve?

-I'd say at least $10 for back issues, maybe $15. (2X-3X what they go for now).

-The more "key" issues could go for 4X what they are getting now

•how long we should hold it?

-buy now, hold for at least a year or two. Low prices make them affordable. If you get stuck with them, then at worst, you have a great story to read and share.

•additional notes:

-I feel these will go up over time regardless, but the key factor is the story getting exposure through the movie.

Book:

Anything Elephantmen and Hip Flask

•why you think it will increase in value

-The book is a masterpiece

-MINISCULE print run

-They're going for cover to slightly above cover for back issues, with a couple exceptions (#1 CAN go for $8-10, #18 goes for ~$40) i.e. a LOT of room for growth

-Movie has been optioned

•(%) probability that it will go up.

-99.9% it will increase once the movie becomes more of a reality, and people actually find out about this hidden gem

•what price do you think it will achieve?

-I'd say at least $10 for back issues, maybe $15. (2X-3X what they go for now).

-The more "key" issues could go for 4X what they are getting now

•how long we should hold it?

-buy now, hold for at least a year or two. Low prices make them affordable. If you get stuck with them, then at worst, you have a great story to read and share.

•additional notes:

-I feel these will go up over time regardless, but the key factor is the story getting exposure through the movie.

What is hip flask's 1st app.