• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion.

576 posts in this topic

Having Disney take over basically complete control of Star Wars from this day forward is just as epic as finding out Vader is Luke's father

SPOILERS!!

lol

I still remember arguing with my Dad over Vader and Luke on our way home from watching ESB on opening day at the Egyptian Theater on Hollywood Blvd.

I thought Vader was just trying to trick Luke into joining him by telling him he was his father. It was incomprehensible to my young mind that Luke could have an evil father.

Having Disney take over basically complete control of Star Wars from this day forward is just as epic as finding out Vader is Luke's father

SPOILERS!!

Exactally. People in the UK might not have seen it yet.

SPOILERS!!

lol

I still remember arguing with my Dad over Vader and Luke on our way home from watching ESB on opening day at the Egyptian Theater on Hollywood Blvd.

I thought Vader was just trying to trick Luke into joining him by telling him he was his father. It was incomprehensible to my young mind that Luke could have an evil father.

How about finding out that the only guy telling Luke the truth is the villain of the piece and the kindly old hermit turns out to be a manipulative c-sucker?

I always thought it would've been cooler if we found out that Anakin and Darth were seperate people and that the "betrayed" part of "betrayed and murdered your father" had been that Darth forced relations with Luke's mother and had impregnated her (shrug)

SPOILERS!!

lol

How about finding out that the only guy telling Luke the truth is the villain of the piece and the kindly old hermit turns out to be a manipulative c-sucker?

I always thought it would've been cooler if we found out that Anakin and Darth were seperate people and that the "betrayed" part of "betrayed and murdered your father" had been that Darth forced relations with Luke's mother and had impregnated her (shrug)

Luke Skywalker, the rape baby, as the hero?

I'm not watching any movies you make. :sumo:

Star Wars: Episode VII Will Be an "Original Story"

LINK

I think bringing Mark Hamill back as his current age in real life could be kinda cool.

Basically he like an OLD Obi-Wan Kenobi role.

And why oh why storytelling wise do they keep killing the coolest villains that would be worthy opponents to the rebels.

Boba Fett ? Dead.

Darth Maul ? Dead.

Jango Fett ? Dead.

Watto ? Dead.

Ok,strike Watto.

Even that snickering Pod race guy.What's his name ? Taras Bulba ?

...there is another...

j/k

Darth Maul's not dead. :gossip:

SPOILERS!!

lol

It could've been an affair. Either way it makes a LOT more sense than what actually came to pass....at least from a certain point of view :sick:

SPOILERS!!

lol

It could've been an affair. Either way it makes a LOT more sense than what actually came to pass....at least from a certain point of view :sick:

Forced relations? (shrug)

Either way, I always dug how they played the "betrayal" thing. If it was done differently, like your suggestion (we'll go with affair :ohnoez: ), there would have been no possibility for a redemption story.

SPOILERS!!

lol

Forced relations? (shrug)

Either way, I always dug how they played the "betrayal" thing. If it was done differently, like your suggestion (we'll go with affair :ohnoez: ), there would have been no possibility for a redemption story.

I wish, because it sucked and made Obi-Wan a . :mad:

there would have been no possibility for a redemption story.

I never liked the whole redemption angle. Vader is EVIL. I don't want or need to see him redeemed. This is what bugs me the most about the new movies and the cartoon show. We're glorifying someone who becomes unredeemable.

You wouldn't put a young Hitler on lunchboxes and bedsheets, so why do it with Anakin?

I never liked the whole redemption angle. Vader is EVIL. I don't want or need to see him redeemed. This is what bugs me the most about the new movies and the cartoon show. We're glorifying someone who becomes unredeemable.

You wouldn't put a young Hitler on lunchboxes and bedsheets, so why do it with Anakin?

Whaddya know.

Godwin's law in 13 pages of a Star wars thread. :grin:

Same thing irritated me about the Magneto redemption story. What is so terrible about having a villain who is bad for the sake of it. Not everybody who turns out bad was locked in a closet as a child.

SPOILERS!!

lol Big American movies are always released in the UK first.

Was a young adult when the Eps4-6 trilogy came out and loved them all. One of the great experiences of fatherhood was taking my 6 year old son to see the original Star Wars re-release - he was enthralled, and to 'see' it again through his eyes was awesome.

Episode I was an abomination on a variety of fronts. Among others, to take the mystical and mysterious 'power of the force' (one of the best concepts in the history of cinema) and reduce it to a quantifiable biochemical mechanism was an atrocious mistake.

For me, episode 3 brought it back home again.

SPOILERS!!

:preach::preach:

I remember having to wait until the beginning of January,1978, to watch the first one. We had patience in those days.

SPOILERS!!

I remember having to wait until the beginning of January,1978, to watch the first one. We had patience in those days.

I had to wait a decade to see the first one. My parents didn't allow movies in the house.

I waited until 2008 to see the last four.

lol

SPOILERS!!

Your school obviously wasn't very progressive. lol

I thought the last hour of Episode III was outstanding. The other two movies, not so much(though I thought the battle in the arena in EPISODE II was fun).