• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion.

576 posts in this topic

Raiders was awesome.

Temple of Doom blew

Last Crusade was pretty cool (Sean Connery factor)

Crystal Skulls took blowing to a new level.

Star Wars was cool when I was 13, doesn't hold up now.

Empire was pretty cool.

Return was stupid. Between the teddy bears and the limited dialogue of Vader and the Emperor (didn't they share one line for the whole movie).

Episode 1 was okay with the exception of JarJar.

Episode 2 was pretty good (except for trying to figure out why she would ever be interested in that d-bag).

Episode 3 was solid.

The age of Obi Wan/Luke was too big of a problem for me to just let go. Plus the movies made in the 1970s and 1980s are so dated, they just don't really hold up now.

Dale seriously Episode III was terrible. Frankenstein Vader was saga ending for me.

Raiders was awesome.

Temple of Doom blew

Empire was pretty cool.

Return was stupid. Between the teddy bears and the limited dialogue of Vader and the Emperor (didn't they share one line for the whole movie).

Episode 2 was pretty good (except for trying to figure out why she would ever be interested in that d-bag).

Episode 3 was solid.

The age of Obi Wan/Luke was too big of a problem for me to just let go. Plus the movies made in the 1970s and 1980s are so dated, they just don't really hold up now.

Dale seriously Episode III was terrible. Frankenstein Vader was saga ending for me.

I pray for Episodes I II III REBOOT

Raiders was awesome.

Temple of Doom blew

Empire was pretty cool.

Episode 3 was solid.

I agree. I generally enjoyed Episode 2 and thought Episode 3 was the second-best of the series behind Empire. People who hate that movie are watching a different one than I've seen the 3-4 times I've seen it. (shrug) Certainly it wasn't as ground-breaking as the first Star Wars, but anyone who thinks Episode 3 was worse than the third teddy-bear "Jedi" film loses all respect in my mind. :screwy:

Raiders was awesome.

Temple of Doom blew

Empire was pretty cool.

Episode 3 was solid.

I agree. I generally enjoyed Episode 2 and thought Episode 3 was the second-best of the series behind Empire. People who hate that movie are watching a different one than I've seen the 3-4 times I've seen it. (shrug)

I wept out loud in the theater when Vader was born. My kids we're giving me the single brow raised google-eye, and quietly scooting a few seats away from me. :facepalm:

I wept out loud in the theater when Vader was born. My kids we're giving me the single brow raised google-eye, and quietly scooting a few seats away from me. :facepalm:

Agreed. I talk mess about Lucas, but I generally revere and respect him. Doesn't mean I don't see he has a bunch of issues--he shouldn't have directed the last three films, something he figured out after he directed the first one. But Episode 3 redeemed him to me...it was great. I believed the transformation to Vader, and it moved me as well. I didn't hate Hayden as so many seem to. I LOVED the guy playing Palpatine.

Agreed. I talk mess about Lucas, but I generally revere and respect him. Doesn't mean I don't see he has a bunch of issues--he shouldn't have directed the last three films, something he figured out after he directed the first one. But Episode 3 redeemed him to me...it was great. I believed the transformation to Vader, and it moved me as well. I didn't hate Hayden as so many seem to. I LOVED the guy playing Palpatine.

I remembered as a kid reading an interview with Lucas in Rolling Stone and he told how Vader was born in the lavas of a volcano. My friends and I speculated on that story forever.

To have that moment finally happen that I'd been waiting to see since I was 9 years old was overwhelming. I'll admit it. I sobbed like a baby. Right there in the middle of the theater on opening day. :facepalm:

Raiders was awesome.

Temple of Doom blew

Empire was pretty cool.

Episode 3 was solid.

Nope, it was pretty cool. How did you think he became more robot than man? Why did you think he could hardly move to fight with a light saber? He moved like Michael Keaton in the bat suit.

Raiders was awesome.

Temple of Doom blew

Empire was pretty cool.

Episode 3 was solid.

Nope, it was pretty cool. How did you think he became more robot than man? Why did you think he could hardly move to fight with a light saber? He moved like Michael Keaton in the bat suit.

Episode 3 was like watching someone play a video game.

Is "Heir to the Empire" by DH the closest book/series to the end of EP VI? My 10-YO nephew is freaking out about this, thought I'd give him some SW related comics for X-mas. :grin:

I, like many others, cannot stand Episodes 1 - 3. I saw Star Wars when I was six years old, my mother took me and I'll never forget that night. Wow. Love him or hate him, George Lucas revolutionized cinema for the better.

Is "Heir to the Empire" by DH the closest book/series to the end of EP VI? My 10-YO nephew is freaking out about this, thought I'd give him some SW related comics for X-mas. :grin:

I believe it is and that series was awesome. The Bounty Hunter Wars also rocked.