• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion.

576 posts in this topic

STAR WARS: EPISODE 7 feature film targeted for release in 2015.

I had to check the calendar to see if I had lapsed into a coma and it was April 1st.

Well, with people paying $20 a head to watch George Lucas poop all over the Star Wars franchise, I imagine they'll have that $4 billion made back right after they release Star Wars: The Ultimate Limited Edition High Definition Blu Ray 3D Directors Bathroom Cut Boxed Set in time for Christmas.

Wow. What a juggernaut Disney has become.

Yes they are.

Kinda happy and worried at the same time.

Happy if they make new movies sad if they make more toys and cartoons. :juggle:

Seriously though I am not sure in any situation where a conglomerate is ever good for a free market.

However just as I think the world is moving away from multiple competitive avenues for each sector of good/services now science fiction is now different.

Closer and closer to a new world order me thinks.

$4 billion seems a little "light" for everything they acquired, which spans far beyond Star Wars.

I wonder if George is retaining any exclusive rights or rights to royalties on merchandising.