• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion.

576 posts in this topic

For those who missed them, there were 2 free screenings of a rare British Technicolor (dye-transfer) print of the original 1977* Star Wars at the Senator Theatre in Baltimore, which has gone into foreclosure

This is a night and place a lot of us SW fans would've truly loved to attend.

A page for the event.

http://friendsofthesenatortheatre.wordpress.com/2010/07/20/senator-theatre-free-farewell-to-kiefaber-screenings-of-rare-star-wars-1977-print-on-july-21/

And best page i could find that tells about the wonderful feeling of that night.

http://thedailyrecord.com/ontherecord/2010/07/22/last-night-at-the-senator-theatre/

As far as I know, The Senator is not in foreclosure. It was bought by the same people who own The Charles and they are remodeling it. I saw workers there about a month ago if not less.

And I saw all the Special Edition films there on opening day. It was an awesome experience seeing a film there. I hope you are wrong about foreclosure.

And here's some early speculation as to plot:

5 Possible Plotlines for Disney’s 2015 Star Wars Film

Disney just paid over $4 Billion for Lucasfilm and the jewel of George Lucas’ eye, the Star Wars Universe. The House of Mouse wasted no time, announcing that a new live-action Star Wars film (tentatively titled Star Wars 7) will be released in 2015, with new films following every few years. With only two to three years to plan, shoot, and edit, a story is probably already in place. Let’s take a look at five possible directions Disney could take the Star Wars film franchise in the next installment.

http://amog.com/entertainment/154919-draft/

Thrawn Trilogy makes #1, which is believable.

are the original, unedited versions of the films availabel in vhs or dvd (other than bootleg versions)? i've never bought star wars in any medium since i figured one day they'd release the originals as well as the edited versions all at once and i'd have to buy another set of dvd's.

IIRC,one of the dvd's is indeed the original film but apparently its been really hard to locate nowadays since the Bluray release.

The very best is still one of the Laserdisc versions.

And the 3 people who have one are partying right now.

"Definitive" edition laserdiscs (I still have mine)

wooo hoooo!

I don't know if anyone has started speculating about this yet but last year Disney announced that they were going to do an Avatar Land theme park. Earlier in September this year they postponed/canceled it due to creative differences with James Cameron and the Disney Imagineers. Any idea if they just scrap Avatar Land and knock out Star Wars Land?

I turn 40 years old this November. Star Wars was a huge part of my childhood.

We can all complain about all the changes Lucas has made, for better or worse, I personally liked the updated special effects, I thought that was a nice touch. Some of the other stuff, not so much, but it is what it is.

For anybody at or around my age, we need to give the guy some credit, he helped make our childhoods pretty special. Yeah, if it wasn't Star Wars, it would've been something else, but the fact remains it was Star Wars and we were lucky enough to be at the absolute perfect age for all three of the original trilogy to make the most profound effect.

I wonder sometimes if he truly realizes how special some of these memories are to us grown men and women, or if just thinks were a bunch of fanboy loonies?

I can't believe I've been talking about this for 35 years now :screwy::grin:

P.S. Can't wait for 2015 :headbang:

What do you think if they decide to do a reboot of the whole Star Wars series. Seeing how they love doing reboots these days it is a possibality. I personnally don't like reboots. But it may be the only way Disney can get the young kids interested in Star Wars.

I sense a disturbance in the force.....

as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

I've got a bad feeling about this...

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

I sense a disturbance in the force.....

as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

I've got a bad feeling about this...

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

For those who missed them, there were 2 free screenings of a rare British Technicolor (dye-transfer) print of the original 1977* Star Wars at the Senator Theatre in Baltimore, which has gone into foreclosure

This is a night and place a lot of us SW fans would've truly loved to attend.

A page for the event.

http://friendsofthesenatortheatre.wordpress.com/2010/07/20/senator-theatre-free-farewell-to-kiefaber-screenings-of-rare-star-wars-1977-print-on-july-21/

And best page i could find that tells about the wonderful feeling of that night.

http://thedailyrecord.com/ontherecord/2010/07/22/last-night-at-the-senator-theatre/

As far as I know, The Senator is not in foreclosure. It was bought by the same people who own The Charles and they are remodeling it. I saw workers there about a month ago if not less.

And I saw all the Special Edition films there on opening day. It was an awesome experience seeing a film there. I hope you are wrong about foreclosure.

It wasnt my words.I just copy pasted some text to give an idea,but i think youre right.I seem to recall someone who bought the theater back.This event was a while back so things couldve changed.

One fact that is important to remember is that Star wars came out just at the right time when most films were really depressing and apart from Spielberg's Jaws which has a happy ending,Star wars was the only ticket to escapism.

I'm not saying George didnt work hard,he most certainly did.He banged on many many doors before meeting Alan Ladd Jr at 20th Century Fox.

But i'm also saying America and the world was waiting for a hero,or heroes.

(Cue Bonnie Tyler )

I've been noticing on the internet some people one item that will no longer be part of Star wars.

The rousing 20th Century Fox opening before each film has now transformed into a nice mouse-owned castle.

It will be a bit sad and jarring at first