• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion.

576 posts in this topic

Now that's how an already cool story gets even better. (thumbs u

I guess Spielberg and everyone that know Lucas personally where right about him having a big heart. :)

This photo tells you more about his heart than his business acumen.

This man deserves our thanks for the epic universe he's been shepherding on our behalf.

The Clone Wars cartoon alone is enough to hold us in his debt for life.

That's true...if I had to pick the one thing he's created that I have enjoyed almost to the level of ESB it would be the Clone Wars Series. It's, hands down, better than everything else.

Clone Wars rocks. bananaheadbanger.gif

I've never watched the Clone Wars cartoon - somebody tell me what's so good about it.

Everything. Ironically, it seems more "adult oriented" than the movies. Very cool story lines and deep character development across its focus.

And they have no problem leaving you in a cliffhanger, just like in the old serials Lucas used to form the basis of the movies. Many plot points are developed and expanded over time.

I've never watched the Clone Wars cartoon - somebody tell me what's so good about it.

It feels the way Star Wars felt the first time around.

The animation is top notch, the characters well developed, the writing is far above any of the films, animated Anakin is more "real" than Hayden's version, the special effects are as good as the films. They can do more with this platform and medium and they take full advantage of it.

The stories feel fresher and, since it's a TV series, they can really develop characters and give them their due attention as opposed to a feature film where some central plot is moved along at the expense of getting to know and appreciate the characters.

It feels the way Star Wars felt the first time around.

The animation is top notch, the characters well developed, the writing is far above any of the films, animated Anakin is more "real" than Hayden's version, the special effects are as good as the films. They can do more with this platform and medium and they take full advantage of it.

The stories feel fresher and, since it's a TV series, they can really develop characters and give them their due attention as opposed to a feature film where some central plot is moved along at the expense of getting to know and appreciate the characters.

(thumbs u

Cheers - just watched some of the trailers. The animation looks horrible to me.

Well it's not Family Guy or South Park...I'll give you that.

Neither have I. Don't feel bad. I have no idea what these people are talking about.

Has your childhood been raped?

I think he grew up on Space Ghost.

What's wrong with Space Ghost? Or Rocket Robin Hood?

Did someone just pick a fight with Space Ghost?

Nothing. I love Space Ghost.

But he may not be used to the new animation technology.