• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion.

576 posts in this topic

But he may not be used to the new animation technology.

lol

Neither am I.

:sumo:

We have to get you acclimated to the 21st century.

I'm going to prescribe some ReBoot and some Transformers: Beast Wars to get you started.

Drink plenty of fluids, call me in the morning.

Jeebus, why would you want anyone to watch that krap? I thought you were trying to turn him on to this stuff, not drive him away. :baiting:

Maybe he thinks, after watching that, anything will look better by comparison. hm

Acclimation! :sumo:

'sides...I loved all that stuff when it came out. Don't hate the PC just because your using a tablet now.

To be honest, if I were trying to sell someone on animation I would steer them towards some of the better anime. I think they're light years ahead of most American stuff and they incorporate 2-D and CGI very well.

I love some anime.

But it doesn't get much better than Clone Wars considering the well-written scripts, the soundtrack, the continuity and the animation.

But he may not be used to the new animation technology.

lol

Neither am I.

:sumo:

We have to get you acclimated to the 21st century.

I'm going to prescribe some ReBoot and some Transformers: Beast Wars to get you started.

Drink plenty of fluids, call me in the morning.

Jeebus, why would you want anyone to watch that krap? I thought you were trying to turn him on to this stuff, not drive him away. :baiting:

Maybe he thinks, after watching that, anything will look better by comparison. hm

Acclimation! :sumo:

'sides...I loved all that stuff when it came out. Don't hate the PC just because your using a tablet now.

To be honest, if I were trying to sell someone on animation I would steer them towards some of the better anime. I think they're light years ahead of most American stuff and they incorporate 2-D and CGI very well.

I love some anime.

But it doesn't get much better than Clone Wars considering the well-written scripts, the soundtrack, the continuity and the animation.

I haven't seen it so I can't speak on it :(

Is this the next Han Solo?

296762_Ryan-Gosling-640.gif

God. Please. No.

OH FOR THE LOVE OF, NO!NO!!NO!!!!

This is DISNEY! They perfected de-aging cgi with Jeff bridges in T:L.

They don't need to recast. doh!

Tron Legacy used that "Polar Express" creepy CGI effect. I am not watching an entire Star Wars movie of that Madame Tussaud .

I'm wondering if the Star Wars television series that was in development will be a go now.

Apparently they have 50 completed scripts for it that they love. Seems a shame to let it drop if that's the case.

One of Lucas's major innovations was to sponsor the development of affordable, high-quality special effects, and with the Star Wars television show, he was motivated to bring a high level of CGI quality to a weekly television show, which means he had to get his company to break new ground in making CGI cheaper. It remains to be seen whether or not Disney is as capable of innovating CGI like Lucas has always driven ILM to do...I'm skeptical. Lucas is the type that will say he's not going to even try something if he can't do it right, but Disney isn't, they'll do whatever will make them money. I can't think of a television show with the kind of effects quality to do Star Wars justice.

Pretty sure that's why he settled for allowing Lucasfilm to put out the animated series--he didn't want to put out within a live-action context. Disney doesn't mind as much. Having said that, Disney has a higher-than-average level of quality with most of their films...I haven't watched enough Disney channel sci-fi to know if they've put some utter garbage on there or not. (shrug)

God. Please. No.

Tron Legacy used that "Polar Express" creepy CGI effect. I am not watching an entire Star Wars movie of that Madame Tussaud .

I thought it looked pretty good. :sumo:

God. Please. No.

I thought it looked pretty good. :sumo:

It looked great, until Clu smiled, or moved.

And not to be snarky but keeping in mind they do whatever they want to regardless of what Zahn said in his book or wrote. Zahns opinion probably means bupkis

I thought Lucasfilm has tried for years to keep the continuity straight and have rejected hundreds of ideas from novels/comics/games/etc that broke continuity? Are they less strict than I've heard?

Star Wars Canon

In 2000, Lucas Licensing appointed Leland Chee to create a continuity tracking database referred to as the "Holocron". As with every other aspect having to do with the overall story of Star Wars, the Holocron follows the canon policy that has been in effect for years.

The Holocron is divided into five levels (in order of precedence): G-canon, T-canon, C-canon, S-canon, and N-canon.

G-canon is absolute canon; the movies (their most recent release), the scripts, the novelizations of the movies, the radio plays, and any statements by George Lucas himself. G-canon overrides the lower levels of canon when there is a contradiction. Within G-canon, many fans follow an unofficial progression of canonicity where the movies are the highest canon, followed by the scripts, the novelizations, and then the radio plays.

T-canon[4] refers to the canon level comprising only the two television shows: Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the Star Wars live-action TV series. Its precedence over C-Level canon was confirmed by Chee.[5]

C-canon is primarily composed of elements from the Expanded Universe including books, comics, and games bearing the label of Star Wars. Games and RPG sourcebooks are a special case; the stories and general background information are themselves fully C-canon, but the other elements such as character/item statistics and gameplay are, with few exceptions, N-canon.

S-canon is secondary canon; the story itself is considered non-continuity, but the non-contradicting elements are still a canon part of the Star Wars universe. This includes things like the online roleplaying game Star Wars: Galaxies and certain elements of a few N-canon stories.

N-canon is non-canon. "What-if" stories (such as stories published under the Star Wars: Infinities label), crossover appearances (such as the Star Wars character appearances in Soulcalibur IV), game statistics, and anything else directly contradicted by higher canon ends up here. N-canon is the only level that is not considered official canon by Lucasfilm. A significant amount of material that was previously C-canon was rendered N-canon by the release of Episodes I–III.

Judging by that last line, it seems likely that the Thrawn trilogy will be demoted from C-canon to N-canon if necessitated by future film releases.

Where is this so called 'Holocron' DB located? How do we know what is ranked?

Still not sure about this, but my gut feeling is it can only be good, or least better than the status quo.

I like the idea of using new younger characters, but having older Hamill, Fisher, Ford make cameo appearances, like Nimoy in the new Star Trek.