• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion.

576 posts in this topic

I figured Tupp was his sand worm. (shrug)

Yes, indeed. I am the sandworm to his Muad'Dib.

Great...Now I'll have to watch Dune today. :cloud9:

I heard somewhere that he's donating most of the proceeds to charity. :o

I don't think I've seen it in the thread, so I thought I'd share it. :foryou:

I do not know if anyone posted this here... but did everyone see that he donated the $4 billion?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/02/george-lucas-donate-4-billion_n_2067145.html

Third time's the charm! lol

I figured but wasn't sure.

I :facepalm: myself now at myself.

I do not know if anyone posted this here... but did everyone see that he donated the $4 billion?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/02/george-lucas-donate-4-billion_n_2067145.html

I figured you were making a jokey joke at the posts regarding the donation being that they were posted and discussed days ago.

I will continue to believe you were kidding. :foryou:

I figured you were making a jokey joke at the posts regarding the donation being that they were posted and discussed days ago.

No, I read through the news over at a couple of sites and while I was trapped out here on the island I read through every post. When I saw it here, I started to go through them and then realized I was reading the same posts over and over...

To sum up everything that I read across the internet:

George Lucas saved the franchise by selling it

George Lucas ruined people's childhood.

George Lucas made the movies and he can do with them which he pleases

George Lucas ruined the franchise by selling it and allowing Disney to dilute it further with more movies.

Some people only watched Episode 4 Star Wars and say anything after that is worthless.

Hasbro is going to be jammed up when it loses it's most profitable license

Disney may buy Hasbro to add a real toy company to its portfolio

George Lucas is a very generous man

I think the only thing that I fully agree with in that list is that Lucas is a very generous man.

No, I read through the news over at a couple of sites and while I was trapped out here on the island I read through every post. When I saw it here, I started to go through them and then realized I was reading the same posts over and over...

George Lucas ruined the franchise by selling it and allowing Disney to dilute it further with more movies.

Some people only watched Episode 4 Star Wars and say anything after that is worthless.

I think the only thing that I fully agree with in that list is that Lucas is a very generous man.

If those people don't at least include Empire Strikes Back in that statement they shouldn't even be allowed to vote in a couple weeks. doh!

Lucas did something we all would due with money instead of giving that same money away in taxes. Very generous yes, but a shocking good act of a human being, not really. (shrug)

I think most tax accountants would have advised to him to do so anyway.

If those people don't at least include Empire Strikes Back in this then they shouldn't even be allowed to vote in a couple weeks. doh!

Lucas did something we all would due with money instead of giving that same money away in taxes. Very generous yes, but a shocking good act of a human being, not really. (shrug) I think most tax accountants would have advised to him to do so anyway.

You're kidding, right? The man is giving 4 billion dollars to charity and you don't consider this the good act of a human being?

You must be one of those "George Lucas ruined my childhood" people. :grin:

If those people don't at least include Empire Strikes Back in this then they shouldn't even be allowed to vote in a couple weeks. doh!

Lucas did something we all would due with money instead of giving that same money away in taxes. Very generous yes, but a shocking good act of a human being, not really. (shrug) I think most tax accountants would have advised to him to do so anyway.

You're kidding, right? The man is giving 4 billion dollars to charity and you don't consider this the good act of a human being?

You must be one of those "George Lucas ruined my childhood" people. :grin:

Like I said... after page upon page on site after site... I noticed certain themes and stopped reading.

This is my favorite post in a really fun thread.

If those people don't at least include Empire Strikes Back in that statement they shouldn't even be allowed to vote in a couple weeks. doh!

Let alone a couple days!! :baiting:

Let alone a couple days!! :baiting:

:D

Lucas did something we all would due with money instead of giving that same money away in taxes.

Well what one person would due isn't what everyone would dew. I know what I would do.

Lucas did something we all would due with money instead of giving that same money away in taxes.

Well what one person would due isn't what everyone would dew. I know what I would do.

I no what ewe would dew to!

I see your joke tough guy. (thumbs u

nobody is saying that most people would donate money when presented with the same situation that Lucas is.

But to make the sensationalistic comment that says everybody would do it, and then add that they would only do it for tax purposes is, well batshart crazy.

He is not giving "some"

He is giving "all"

And on top of this it was his baby, his entire creation from the last 35 years. It seems that Lucas does not want his legacy to be Star Wars, he wants his legacy to be that of a philanthropist.

Lucas has made so much money with the Star Wars brand all these years I can see why he would give all of the $4 billion to charity.

I would have a hard time spending $4 billion on my own lol

So,I give Lucas some kudos for giving the money to charity 2c