• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that are losing steam on Ebay

412 posts in this topic

lol

Care to elaborate...?

i would guess he is laughing at the idea of any modern as "rare". Rare is a a relative word, which is why it leads to arguments.

WD is Rare compared to higher print run moderns, but common compared to golden age books, etc etc....

ok, that's fair. i retract my laughter.

i'd say WD#1 is also "rare" when compared to silver age "keys" as far as quantity goes, not popularity.

i'm not sure i'm following, there are 1000 slabbed copies of TWD #1 in 9.4 or better, which silver age keys have anything even remotely approaching that number? off the top of my head, the most common silver age key in HG is FF #48, there are 200 slabbed at 9.4 or higher

i'd say WD#1 is also "rare" when compared to silver age "keys" as far as quantity goes, not popularity.

i'm not sure i'm following, there are 1000 slabbed copies of TWD #1 in 9.4 or better, which silver age keys have anything even remotely approaching that number? off the top of my head, the most common silver age key in HG is FF #48, there are 200 slabbed at 9.4 or higher

Silver age keys are scarcer in high grade. TWD1 is most likely scarcer in total number of copies extant.

quantity, i did not mention quality :)

Great idea for a thread and I'm sure the conversation will expand beyond the Walking Dead.

Good to hear that the Vengeance on Bane books are holding on. I sent the copy I bought when I was a kid to CGC and it came back a 9.6. Made me happy!

Like others, I look forward to picking up all the non key issues in 9.8 a few years after the show ends.

There are 1000 slabbed copies of Walking Dead 1 at 9.40 or higher from a print run of around 7000?

HOLY MOLY :o

lol

Care to elaborate...?

i would guess he is laughing at the idea of any modern as "rare". Rare is a a relative word, which is why it leads to arguments.

WD is Rare compared to higher print run moderns, but common compared to golden age books, etc etc....

"rare" is still not a word that should be associated with this book.

Some people are saying Chews ship is sinking

High grade #1's are still ok.

Rest are all downhill and quickly.

One great story,writers never figured out how to carry it on.

I'd hang on to #1 but be dumping the rest asap.

2c

Seems like a good number of people have been doubting Chew from the very beginning. At first it was how the book couldn't maintain its hot value right out of the gate and apparently it's a sinking ship now.

I don't think everyone realizes how dedicated of a fan base the series has, how good the writing and art is month in and month out, and that the best is still ahead in terms of hype (starting with the big mid-point issue) and speculation (TV show developments down the line). Unless news comes out that the TV show will not be made, the quality of the series and its dedicated fans will keep the value high.

Just my two cents, but I'll be happy to be wrong so I can afford to get a #1 in 9.8 :grin:

Seems like a good number of people have been doubting Chew from the very beginning. At first it was how the book couldn't maintain its hot value right out of the gate and apparently it's a sinking ship now.

I don't think everyone realizes how dedicated of a fan base the series has, how good the writing and art is month in and month out, and that the best is still ahead in terms of hype (starting with the big mid-point issue) and speculation (TV show developments down the line). Unless news comes out that the TV show will not be made, the quality of the series and its dedicated fans will keep the value high.

Just my two cents, but I'll be happy to be wrong so I can afford to get a #1 in 9.8 :grin:

The first paragraph has always summed up my view of the title. Branget and I go back and forth of the book constantly over the years. I am happy the writer has done well financially with the book, but I never thought it was anything special.