• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

01TheDude +5

ADAMANTIUM +19

Dr Zen +2

Get Marwood & I +17

greggy +21

jaeldubyoo +13

JollyComics +43

Kav +2

Ken Aldred +36

Kramerica +1

LogOut +6

steveinthecity +2

01TheDude +5

ADAMANTIUM +19

Dr Zen +2

Get Marwood & I +17

greggy +21

jaeldubyoo +13

JollyComics +47

Kav +2

Ken Aldred +36

Kramerica +1

LogOut +6

steveinthecity +2

Success!

WrU8ma3.jpg

Smart & Final was well stocked.  Limit of 2 packages on meat and fowl.

They had a nice setup for checkout - one line, with stickers every 6 feet on the floor that said something like, "Please maintain social distancing" with a pic of a person and a cart.  At the end of the line, you waited for the checker to call you over.  Nicely done.

8 minutes ago, thunsicker said:
16 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

I'm just shocked it lasted as long as it did.

I hear it's been sent to a farm to play with a lot of other very nice threads.

This might help with the boredom...

CBS All Access Offers Free Month Trial

Using the code “GIFT,” fans can sign up for CBS All Access for free, anytime before April 23, 2020. After creating an account, CBS allows you to cancel the plan immediately and still use the entire month. Simply scroll to the bottom of the account page and hit “Cancel Subscription.” No need to remember to cancel at the end of the trial. 

16 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

This might help with the boredom...

CBS All Access Offers Free Month Trial

I did it.  Without it you get a week free, with the code you get a month free.  Worth it. Star Trek: Discovery is pretty darn good.  I'm through season 1 and looking forward to S2 and Picard.

35 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

1 minute ago, greggy said:

Private offering....not an auction:gossip:

Here's the Southeby's article with the catalog and how to buy:

https://www.sothebys.com/en/series/dc-complete-the-ian-levine-collection?locale=en

3 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

They had a nice setup for checkout - one line, with stickers every 6 feet on the floor that said something like, "Please maintain social distancing" with a pic of a person and a cart.  At the end of the line, you waited for the checker to call you over.  Nicely done.

I tried out the store's smart shopping app for the first time.  Just use your phone camera to scan the item barcodes, create a shopping list with a total, and then scan the final checkout QR code at self-service.  I just waited until the area was clear, paid and made my exit as quickly as possible away from the panicking animals.  It had taken me about 3 hours from 7.15 am to 10.15 am for the store to be even remotely 'comfortable' for me to enter because of my autistic complications. The meat / fresh vegetable sections were quite reasonably stocked given the circumstances, with some stuff in short supply. 

Just now, Ken Aldred said:

I tried out the store's smart shopping app for the first time.  Just use your phone camera to scan the item barcodes, create a shopping list with a total, and then scan the final checkout QR code at self-service.  I just waited until the area was clear, paid and made my exit as quickly as possible away from the panicking animals.  It had taken me about 3 hours from 7.15 am to 10.15 am for the store to be even remotely 'comfortable' for me to enter because of my autistic complications. The meat / fresh vegetable sections were quite reasonably stocked given the circumstances, with some stuff in short supply. 

My Smart and Final doesn't have a self-service area.   I wish they did because the lines are usually pretty long there.  Lowest prices on boneless-skinless chicken breast I've ever found ($2.19/lb normal to $.75/lb special sales).